Chapter 15 - Facial Treatments
Terms in this set (8)
1) Name six benefits of a facial.
Deep cleanses, exfoliates, increases circulation and detoxifies, relaxes the senses, nerves and muscles; stimulates the skin functions and metabolism, slows down premature aging.
2) What are five of the guidelines to follow in order to be successful and to maintain client loyalty?
Excellence in customer service. Client relation skills. Paying attention to the little details.
3) List the steps in a basic facial.
• Client consultation
• Client draping
• Skin analysis
• Cleanse your hands and apply warm towels to the client's décolleté and face.
• Pre-cleanse / Remove eye makeup
• Remove the cleanser
• Analyze the skin
• Steam the face
• Massage the face
• Choose a mask and apply
• Massage arms/hands or neck/shoulders/décolleté
• Remove mask
• Apply toner
• Apply SPF
4) What are three of the contraindications for facials?
Contagious diseases, skin diseases, skin irritation, allergies to products, use of acne drugs,...
5) How does a mini-facial differ from a basic facial?
The time and number of steps. Mini facials may take only 30 minutes and do not include all of the steps of a full, 60 minute facial.
6) List four treatments that are beneficial for mature skin.
• Use a gentle enzyme peel or a gentle alpha hydroxy acid peel to exfoliate the skin.
• For a mask — a collagen, hydrating, paraffin wax, or thermal mask
• The galvanic maching or the massage can be used to assist in the penetration of a hydrating serum or other nourishing product.
• A moisturizing cream with an oil base, antioxidants, and a sunscreen finish the treatment.
7) What treatment procedures are contraindicted for sensitive skin?
• Use a gentle cleansesr
• Less steam and heat should be used.
• An enzyme peel formulated for sensitive skin gently exfoliates the skin.
• A soothing gel mask is great for calming and toning down redness.
8) List four ingredients recommended for treating acne.
• Beta hydroxyl acids (salicylic acid)
• Sulfer masks
• Increased vitamin C
• Benzoyl peroxide
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Milady's Standard Fundamentals for Estheticians Chapter 14
MILADY'S ESTHETIC FUNDAMENTALS: CHAPTER 14 REVIEW
Chapter 10. Review
Men's Facial Massage and Treatment Chapter 13 T/B
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Milady Esthetics Chapter 9 Basics of Nutrition Quiz
Chapter 21 - Career Planning Quiz
Chapter 20 - Makeup Quiz
Chapter 19 - Advanced Topic & Treatments Quiz Questions
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Chapter 14 - The Treatment Room
Milady Esthetics Ch. 5 Review
Chapter 16 - Facial Massage
Chapter 17 - Facial Machines