5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Merce Cunningham
- The Black Crook
- Paul Draper's states that tap dancing is not thought properly why?
- a force to leave home
- b invented "Chance Dance" using dice and/or name graphing. worked in along time partnership with John Cage ( a musician )
- c By teaching how to dance instead of teaching routines.
- d " Luigi Technique" a style which evolved from " the inside out". states one should take classes as if its for the first time
- e a theater piece about a hunchback who makes a pact with the devil. premiered in 1866 in the US. and incorporated dance soloists from Europe. many American woman joined the chorus, and the show traveled around the country for several years. ]
5 Multiple choice questions
- heart attack
- the US dancers did not have any training on the from of ballet, and most of the dancers were woman who were trying to survived by any means.
- married 3x, slept with alot of women, daughter named Michelle, drinked & smoked
the accident that killed her children, son died after few hours of being born
- a broadway performer and Fosse's ex wife.
5 True/False questions
how many of Isadora's kids died? → from her hanging scarf that got caught to the car wheel and strangled her
Luigi says jazz is interpretation of what? → Luigi dance has no barre because he wants the students to learn how to support and control himself totally from within and through finding the feeling of using space as a barre
How does Luigi prepare for teaching class → comes in an hour early, take off his clothes, put a rob on , and relax and feel at home
Jermone Robbins → choregrapher of west side story- retells romeo&juliet,
What is black face? → facial mask;make up worn by both white and black to illustrate racial sterotypes and perceptions.