5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Luigi says jazz is interpretation of what?
- Bill T. Jones famous work
- Ben Vereen
- How does Luigi prepare for teaching class
- a Costarred with Ann Reinking in Fosse, a Broadway revue featuring a collection of Fosse's best choreography, and was an expert on Fosse's work/style
- b Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Promise Land
- c Dance of Expression
- d comes in an hour early, take off his clothes, put a rob on , and relax and feel at home
- e of sound , and america's cultural contribution to the world of dance
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1930-1960's First all male dance company. Worked and lived together.Wanted to highlight athleticism and masculinity
- facial mask;make up worn by both white and black to illustrate racial sterotypes and perceptions.
- found at the femanist store. "Ginger did everything that fred did but backwards with heels on"
- they were seen as lady of the night
- married 3x, slept with alot of women, daughter named Michelle, drinked & smoked
5 True/False questions
Jermone Robbins → choregrapher of west side story- retells romeo&juliet,
who is Bill T. Jones → a provactive artist;potically controversial
shirley temple & bill bojangles Robinson → first black man tap dancing with a white girl on film. and huge age difference
describe Promise land → invented "Chance Dance" using dice and/or name graphing. worked in along time partnership with John Cage ( a musician )
did Luigi teach jazz with a ballet barre → Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Promise Land