Upgrade to remove ads
Chapters 14 and 16
Terms in this set (13)
Clean Air Act
Provides Federal government with the authority to address inter-state air polution.
Four causes of water supply deterioration
- Population growth
- Chemical manufacturing
- reckless land use practices
- Mismanagement and irresponsible disposal of hazardous wastes.
Food-borne Disease Causes
- Inadequate cooking temperatures
- Contaminated equipment
Food-borne Disease Prevention
- Clean hands and surfaces often
- Do not cross contaminate
- Cook food to proper temperature
- Refrigerate food promptly
Approaches to managing solid waste
- source reduction
- sanitary landfills
What is believed to be the single most important environmental threat to the health of children?
Main reason why occupational safety and health is important to the community
We find out through workers and their occupational exposures what polutants are the most harmful.
Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
Ensures employers in private sector furnish each employee a workplace free from recognized hazards causing or likely to cause death or serious physical harm.
The most important provision of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
Employees right to request an OSHA inspection and their name be withheld.
Risk Factors for work place violence
- working with the public
- working around money or valuables
- working late at night
- working in high crime areas
- working alone
Prevention Strategies for work place violence
- Environmental designs for example better security systems and putting a barrier between the customer and the worker.
- Administrative controls involves staffing for example scheduling more people for the night shift and new procedures for opening and closing.
- Behavior strategies involves training for example training about the risks associated with the job for example a truck driver shouldn't drive more than a certain about of hours without stoping for rest.
Two examples of activities that would help Prevent and Control of Occupational Diseases and Disorders
- Wearing personal protective devices
- Environmental monitoring
- Health promotion
- Disease surveillance
Occupational Safety and Health Programs
- Pre-placement examinations to ensure the worker has the knowledge and is the right fit for the job as well is able to perform the job.
-Disease prevention programs
- Safety programs due reduce unintentional injuries
- Worksite health promotion programs
- Employee assistance programs
You might also like...
Chapter 16: Safety and Health in the Workplace
Safety and Health Exam 1 Material
Other sets by this creator
September Vocabulary Words
Drugs and Society Final Review
Community Health Chapters 10 and 11 Study Guide
Quiz # 2
Other Quizlet sets
western civ ch.19
MI - criminal law AND procedure
Art Chinese and korean.