5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Surge Protector
- a A term used synonymously with "computer screen" or "display"
- b Originating from the name of Hormel's canned meat, this term usually refers to junk e-mail or irrelevant postings to a newsgroup or bulletin board
- c Sometimes called power strips, this piece of hardware prevent surges in electrical current by sending the excess current to the grounding wire
- d A string of characters used for authenticating a user on a computer system, or protecting the integrity of a file
- e "Universal Serial Bus"
5 Multiple choice questions
- To move data FROM the "clipboard" to another location
- A modifier key on the keyboard whose primary purpose is to capitalize lowercase letters
- To "jump" to a new Web page or a completely different Web site
- Executable software that runs on a computer
- "Personal Computer"
5 True/False questions
Online → To "jump" to a new Web page or a completely different Web site
Wireless → A feature that enables users to access the Internet using either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth technologies
Megabyte → 1000 (or 1024) kilobytes of measurement, and precedes "gigabyte"
Search Engine → An online "device" that uses keyboards and "Boolean Operators" (eg. and, or, not) to locate information on the Internet
WWW → "Universal Serial Bus"