6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- (v.) to free from slavery; to release or liberate
- a slave state that remained in the Union during the Civil War (Maryland, Delaware, Missouri, Kentucky, and West Virginia)
- a war measure that isolates some area of importance to the enemy
- manditory military service
- an American general and the eighteenth President of the United States (1869-1877). He achieved international fame as the leading Union general in the American Civil War.
5 True/False questions
income tax → Tax paid to the state, federal, and local governments based on income earned over the past year.
Martial Law → the body of law imposed by the military over civilian affairs (usually in time of war or civil crisis)
siege → a military attack causing the opponent to surrender
inflation → warship covered with protective iron plates
Habeas Corpus → all-out attacks aimed at destroying an ememy's army, its resources, and its people's will to fight