5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Defensive Ends
- Middle Linebacker
- a The "Quarter Back of the defense" These players try to stop running backs who make it past the defensive line, covering pass plays over the middle, and rushing the passer.
- b The set of eleven players that do not have possesion of the ball, always trying to stop the offense from scoring.
- c These players usually help the corners with deep-pass coverage of wide recievers.
- d These people play behind the defensive line and perform various duties depending on the situation, including rushing the passer, covering receivers, and defending against the run.
- e The people on the edge of the defensive line.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This is the unit of players used for kicking or PAT situations. (Kickers, Punters, Punt/Kick Returners)
- Typically two players who primarily cover the wide receivers.
- These people are responsible for blocking, to try to protect the Backs. (Guard(s), Tackle(s), Center)
- What it is called if on the fourth down the coach thinks that his team cannot complete the first down, so he kicks the ball to the other team.
- These players are pass-catching specialists. Their main job is to run pass routes and get open for a pass, although they are occasionally called on to block. They line up behind the line of scrimmage, wide of the offensive line.
5 True/False questions
Kicker → This Lo's position. He kicks fieldgoals and kickoffs.
Center → The player who gives the ball to the Quarterback and then blocks the defensive line.
Rushing The Passer → The action of trying to sack the Quarterback or tackle anyone behind the line of scrimmage.
Endzone → The set of eleven players that do not have possesion of the ball, always trying to stop the offense from scoring.
Tight Ends → When the offense brings the ball further than a certain point after four or less tries. Once this has been done, the offense has four more tries to do this again to advance toward the endzone.