5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- First Down
- Defensive Ends
- a When the offense brings the ball further than a certain point after four or less tries. Once this has been done, the offense has four more tries to do this again to advance toward the endzone.
- b The set of eleven players that do not have possesion of the ball, always trying to stop the offense from scoring.
- c These players usually help the corners with deep-pass coverage of wide recievers.
- d The people on the edge of the defensive line.
- e Typically two players who primarily cover the wide receivers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What it is called if on the fourth down the coach thinks that his team cannot complete the first down, so they try to kick a fieldgoal.
- This Lo's position. He kicks fieldgoals and kickoffs.
- Where the ball begins each play. It is the offensive goal to bring the ball further than the line of scrimmage each play, and the defensive goal to stop the offense from doing so.
- The "Quarter Back of the defense" These players try to stop running backs who make it past the defensive line, covering pass plays over the middle, and rushing the passer.
- This is the unit of players used for kicking or PAT situations. (Kickers, Punters, Punt/Kick Returners)
5 True/False questions
Kick Return → Same thing as a kick return, but from a punt.
Endzone → The portion of the field where a touchdown is scored. It is the ultimate goal for the offense to bring the ball into this portion of the field.
Defensive Line → These people are responsible for blocking, to try to protect the Backs. (Guard(s), Tackle(s), Center)
Running Backs → There can be up to three of these players on the field at once. They grab the ball from the quarterback and run it as far as they can.
Tight Ends → When the offense brings the ball further than a certain point after four or less tries. Once this has been done, the offense has four more tries to do this again to advance toward the endzone.