5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Defensive Line
- Fieldgoal Attempt
- Backs and Receivers
What it is called when the Quarterback is tackled behind the line of scrimmage.
- b This group of people line up directly on the line of scrimmage, close to the ball. They are the section of the defense that tries to get by the offensive line, and rush the passer. (Defensive Tackle(s), Defensive End(s))
- c The six people that line up behind the offensive line. (Quarter-Back, Running Back(s), Wide Reciever(s), and Tight End(s))
- d What it is called if on the fourth down the coach thinks that his team cannot complete the first down, so they try to kick a fieldgoal.
- e This is the player who gets the ball from the center and starts the play. He can either throw the ball to a reciever, hand it to a running back, or try to run with it himself.
5 Multiple choice questions
- These players are pass-catching specialists. Their main job is to run pass routes and get open for a pass, although they are occasionally called on to block. They line up behind the line of scrimmage, wide of the offensive line.
- These people are considered hybrid players, something between a wide receiver and an offensive lineman. They are frequently called on to block, especially on running plays. However, because they are eligible receivers, they may also catch passes. They line up next to the offensive line.
- These players usually help the corners with deep-pass coverage of wide recievers.
- These people play behind the defensive line and perform various duties depending on the situation, including rushing the passer, covering receivers, and defending against the run.
- The people in the middle of the defensive line.
5 True/False questions
Running Backs → There can be up to three of these players on the field at once. They grab the ball from the quarterback and run it as far as they can.
Offense → The set of eleven players that have possesion of the ball at a current time, usually trying to score.
Middle Linebacker → The "Quarter Back of the defense" These players try to stop running backs who make it past the defensive line, covering pass plays over the middle, and rushing the passer.
First Down → When the offense brings the ball further than a certain point after four or less tries. Once this has been done, the offense has four more tries to do this again to advance toward the endzone.
Rushing The Passer → There can be up to three of these players on the field at once. They grab the ball from the quarterback and run it as far as they can.