5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Kick Return
- Wide Recievers
- First Down
- Middle Linebacker
- a When the offense brings the ball further than a certain point after four or less tries. Once this has been done, the offense has four more tries to do this again to advance toward the endzone.
- b The player who gives the ball to the Quarterback and then blocks the defensive line.
- c The "Quarter Back of the defense" These players try to stop running backs who make it past the defensive line, covering pass plays over the middle, and rushing the passer.
- d When the ball is kicked to the other team after a PAT, the recieving team tries to run the ball as far as they can upfield.
- e These players are pass-catching specialists. Their main job is to run pass routes and get open for a pass, although they are occasionally called on to block. They line up behind the line of scrimmage, wide of the offensive line.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The set of eleven players that have possesion of the ball at a current time, usually trying to score.
- What it is called if on the fourth down the coach thinks that his team cannot complete the first down, so he kicks the ball to the other team.
- The action of trying to sack the Quarterback or tackle anyone behind the line of scrimmage.
- These people are considered hybrid players, something between a wide receiver and an offensive lineman. They are frequently called on to block, especially on running plays. However, because they are eligible receivers, they may also catch passes. They line up next to the offensive line.
- This is the player who gets the ball from the center and starts the play. He can either throw the ball to a reciever, hand it to a running back, or try to run with it himself.
5 True/False questions
Punt Return → Same thing as a kick return, but from a punt.
Fieldgoal Attempt → This is the unit of players used for kicking or PAT situations. (Kickers, Punters, Punt/Kick Returners)
Offensive Line → These people are responsible for blocking, to try to protect the Backs. (Guard(s), Tackle(s), Center)
Outside Linebacker → The "Quarter Back of the defense" These players try to stop running backs who make it past the defensive line, covering pass plays over the middle, and rushing the passer.
Defense → The set of eleven players that do not have possesion of the ball, always trying to stop the offense from scoring.