5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Middle Linebacker
- Punt Return
- Wide Recievers
- a The "Quarter Back of the defense" These players try to stop running backs who make it past the defensive line, covering pass plays over the middle, and rushing the passer.
What it is called when the Quarterback is tackled behind the line of scrimmage.
- c These players are pass-catching specialists. Their main job is to run pass routes and get open for a pass, although they are occasionally called on to block. They line up behind the line of scrimmage, wide of the offensive line.
- d Same thing as a kick return, but from a punt.
- e This Lo's position. He kicks fieldgoals and kickoffs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What it is called if on the fourth down the coach thinks that his team cannot complete the first down, so they try to kick a fieldgoal.
- This group of people line up directly on the line of scrimmage, close to the ball. They are the section of the defense that tries to get by the offensive line, and rush the passer. (Defensive Tackle(s), Defensive End(s))
- The set of eleven players that do not have possesion of the ball, always trying to stop the offense from scoring.
- The player who gives the ball to the Quarterback and then blocks the defensive line.
- There can be up to three of these players on the field at once. They grab the ball from the quarterback and run it as far as they can.
5 True/False questions
Kick Return → When the ball is kicked to the other team after a PAT, the recieving team tries to run the ball as far as they can upfield.
Safetys → The set of eleven players that have possesion of the ball at a current time, usually trying to score.
Offense → The set of eleven players that have possesion of the ball at a current time, usually trying to score.
Tight Ends → When the offense brings the ball further than a certain point after four or less tries. Once this has been done, the offense has four more tries to do this again to advance toward the endzone.
PAT → What it is called if on the fourth down the coach thinks that his team cannot complete the first down, so he kicks the ball to the other team.