5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Defensive Ends
- Middle Linebacker
- First Down
- a When the offense brings the ball further than a certain point after four or less tries. Once this has been done, the offense has four more tries to do this again to advance toward the endzone.
- b The people on the edge of the defensive line.
- c The set of eleven players that do not have possesion of the ball, always trying to stop the offense from scoring.
- d The "Quarter Back of the defense" These players try to stop running backs who make it past the defensive line, covering pass plays over the middle, and rushing the passer.
- e The player who gives the ball to the Quarterback and then blocks the defensive line.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The action of trying to sack the Quarterback or tackle anyone behind the line of scrimmage.
- What it is called if on the fourth down the coach thinks that his team cannot complete the first down, so he kicks the ball to the other team.
- Same thing as a kick return, but from a punt.
- The portion of the field where a touchdown is scored. It is the ultimate goal for the offense to bring the ball into this portion of the field.
What it is called when the Quarterback is tackled behind the line of scrimmage.
5 True/False questions
Quarter-Back → Typically two players who primarily cover the wide receivers.
Linebackers → These people play behind the defensive line and perform various duties depending on the situation, including rushing the passer, covering receivers, and defending against the run.
Tight Ends → These people are considered hybrid players, something between a wide receiver and an offensive lineman. They are frequently called on to block, especially on running plays. However, because they are eligible receivers, they may also catch passes. They line up next to the offensive line.
Line of Scrimmage → Where the ball begins each play. It is the offensive goal to bring the ball further than the line of scrimmage each play, and the defensive goal to stop the offense from doing so.
Outside Linebacker → The "Quarter Back of the defense" These players try to stop running backs who make it past the defensive line, covering pass plays over the middle, and rushing the passer.