5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define electron.
- List some differences between carotene and chlorophyll
- Define photosynthesis.
- Describe substrate-level phosphorylation.
- What is the function of ATP synthase?
- a an intermediate or substrate transfers its phosphate and 7.3 kcal/mole to ADP to form ATP
- b the process that converts the energy from light , carbon dioxide and water to high energy carbohydrates and oxygen
- c Carotene absorbs all colors excepts yellow, orange, or red . Chlorphyll absorbs blue and red light
- d subatomic particles with a negative charge
- e it makes ATP
5 Multiple choice questions
- 6CO2 + 6H2O + light -----> C6H12O6 + 6O2
- water is split into two H+ 2 electrons and 1 oxygen atom
- Light dependent reactions produce ATP and NADPH from energy captured from light.
Light independent reactions fix carbon dioxide into glucose using the ATP and NADPH
- 12 protons , 12 neutrons , 12electrons
- Autotrophs: plants , algae , and blue green algae
Heterotrophs: lions , tigers , and bears
5 True/False questions
What is the difference between NADPH and NADP? → NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
What are the replacement energy for PSII and PSI? → NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
Describe ATP. → Adenine , ribose and 3 phosphate
Define visible spectrum. → subatomic particles with a negative charge
Describe an oxygen atom. → 12 protons , 12 neutrons , 12electrons