5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Describe an oxygen atom.
- What are the differences between the light-independent and light-dependent reactions of photosynthesis?
- Define photosynthesis.
- What is the function of ATP synthase?
- Which original components of ATP are present in chemiosmosis and substrate-level phosphorylation?
- a the process that converts the energy from light , carbon dioxide and water to high energy carbohydrates and oxygen
- b it makes ATP
- c 8 protons , 8 neutrons , 8 electrons
- d ADP
- e Light dependent reactions produce ATP and NADPH from energy captured from light.
Light independent reactions fix carbon dioxide into glucose using the ATP and NADPH
5 Multiple choice questions
- Carotene absorbs all colors excepts yellow, orange, or red . Chlorphyll absorbs blue and red light
- Autotrophs: plants , algae , and blue green algae
Heterotrophs: lions , tigers , and bears
- 6CO2 + 6H2O + light -----> C6H12O6 + 6O2
- Hydrogen ion is a single proton and Hydrogen atom is an electron and proton
5 True/False questions
What is the difference between ground and excited states of an electron? → Hydrogen ion is a single proton and Hydrogen atom is an electron and proton
Define pigment. → subatomic particles with a negative charge
What is the destination of the electrons in Photosystem II and Photosystem I? → visible spectrum
What is the relationship between the color you see and light? → NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
Describe a magnesium atom. → 8 protons , 8 neutrons , 8 electrons