1. skin layers and connective tissues; adapt quickly
2. sensing the positions, speed of movement, etc., of body parts to aid in coordinated movements. (muscle spindle, golgi tendon organ, joint)
3. STONE(statolith)-CONTAINING CHAMBER (statocyst) LINED WITH hair cells; causes different neurons to fire as stone rotates
4. tympanic organs of insects: A THIN MEMBRANE IN THE CUTICLE OF THE ANIMAL IS CONNECTED TO NERVE
ENDINGS; Vibrations of the membrane stimulate the nerve.
5. epithelial cells that have microvillar projections (stereocilia), and one actual cilium,( kinocilium); synapse with a sensory neuron, and some hair cells have a synapse with an inhibitory neuron; SENSORY NEURON PRODUCES TRAIN OF A.P.s IN ABSENCE OF A STIMULUS. BENDING CILIA CHANGES THE FREQUENCY OF THE A.P.s: (lateral line of fish for pressure, Membranous labyrinth (SET OF FLUID-FILLED CHAMBERS IN THE inner ear) FOR
BALANCE, MOTION DETECTION AND HEARING.,