7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- An alphanumeric code in the ICD-9-CMthat identifies factors that influence health status and encounters that are not due to illness or injury
- A nonessential word or phrase that to define a code in the ICD-9-CM; usually enclosed in parentheses or brackets.
- The number assigned to a diagnoses in the International Classification of Diseases.
- Additional illness that either has an effect on the patient's primary illness or is also treated during the encounter.
- A publication containing the HIPAA- mandated Standardized classification system for diseases and injuries; developed by the World Health Organization and modified for use in the United States.
- In the ICD-9 -CM a three- digit code used to classify a particular diaereses or injuries.
6 True/False questions
Tabular List → The section of the ICD-9-CM in which diagnosis codes are presented in numerical order.
Etiology → The cause or origin of a disease.
Conventions → In the ICD-9 -CM a three- digit code used to classify a particular diaereses or injuries.
DX → Abbreviation for diagnosis.
Subcategory → In the ICD-9 -CM a three- digit code used to classify a particular diaereses or injuries.
Main -Term → The World in bold- face type that identifies a diseases or condition in the alphabetic index in ICD-9-CM.