7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Additional illness that either has an effect on the patient's primary illness or is also treated during the encounter.
- The section of the ICD-9-CM in which diagnosis codes are presented in numerical order.
- A patients description of the symptoms or other reasons for seeking medical care for a provider encounter.
- The number assigned to a diagnoses in the International Classification of Diseases.
- The World in bold- face type that identifies a diseases or condition in the alphabetic index in ICD-9-CM.
- In the ICD-9 -CM a three- digit code used to classify a particular diaereses or injuries.
6 True/False questions
DX → Abbreviation for diagnosis.
Sub-classification → In ICD-9-CM , a five-digit code number.
Etiology → An alphanumeric ICD code for an external cause of injury or poising.
Alphabetic Index → The section of the ICD-9 CM in which diseases and injuries with corresponding diagnosis codes are presented in alphabetic order.
V Code → An alphanumeric code in the ICD-9-CMthat identifies factors that influence health status and encounters that are not due to illness or injury
International Classification of Diseases , Ninth Revision, Clinical Classification (ICD-9-CM) → In ICD-9-CM , a five-digit code number.