7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Additional illness that either has an effect on the patient's primary illness or is also treated during the encounter.
- The World in bold- face type that identifies a diseases or condition in the alphabetic index in ICD-9-CM.
- Directions in printed material that tell a reader where to look for additional information.
- A publication containing the HIPAA- mandated Standardized classification system for diseases and injuries; developed by the World Health Organization and modified for use in the United States.
- A word or phrase that describes a main term in the alphabetic Index of ICD-9-CM.
- An alphanumeric code in the ICD-9-CMthat identifies factors that influence health status and encounters that are not due to illness or injury
6 True/False questions
Primary Diagnosis → The number assigned to a diagnoses in the International Classification of Diseases.
Subcategory → In the ICD-9 -CM a three- digit code used to classify a particular diaereses or injuries.
Etiology → The cause or origin of a disease.
Conventions → Typographic techniques or standard practices that provide visual guidelines for understanding printed material.
DX → Abbreviation for diagnosis.
Alphabetic Index → The section of the ICD-9 CM in which diseases and injuries with corresponding diagnosis codes are presented in alphabetic order.