7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- An alphanumeric ICD code for an external cause of injury or poising.
- Directions in printed material that tell a reader where to look for additional information.
- A diagnosis that represents the patient's major illness or condition for an encounter
- The World in bold- face type that identifies a diseases or condition in the alphabetic index in ICD-9-CM.
- The cause or origin of a disease.
- In ICD-9-CM , a five-digit code number.
6 True/False questions
Chief Complaint (CC) → The World in bold- face type that identifies a diseases or condition in the alphabetic index in ICD-9-CM.
International Classification of Diseases , Ninth Revision, Clinical Classification (ICD-9-CM) → A publication containing the HIPAA- mandated Standardized classification system for diseases and injuries; developed by the World Health Organization and modified for use in the United States.
Supplementary Term → A word or phrase that describes a main term in the alphabetic Index of ICD-9-CM.
Diagnosis Code → The number assigned to a diagnoses in the International Classification of Diseases.
Conventions → Typographic techniques or standard practices that provide visual guidelines for understanding printed material.
Alphabetic Index → The section of the ICD-9 CM in which diseases and injuries with corresponding diagnosis codes are presented in alphabetic order.