What are the five (5) technical characteristics of good ball control?
1. Vision: Maintain eye contact w/ ball 2. Placement: Move into the line of flight of the ball 3. Eased: Body is in a relaxed and balanced manner 4. Touch: Ball is cushioned on contact 5. Prepare: Prepare ball for the next move
When playing 3v3 what Attacking/Defending Principle of Play is being stressed?
What defensive principle respectively counteracts the attacking principle of penetration?
What defensive principle respectively counteracts the attacking principle of Depth?
What defensive principle respectively counteracts the attacking principle of Width?
What defensive principle respectively counteracts the attacking principle of Mobility?
What defensive principle respectively counteracts the attacking principle of Creativity?
Practice should simulate as much as possible the pressures players experience during match conditions. This may be accomplished how? The coach needs to vary the:
Speed, Space, Opposition
Simply put, the Goalkeeper has three (3) very important responsibilities. They are...
1. Stop shots/crosses 2. Organize the defense 3. Initiate/participate in the counter-attack
In dealing with injuries, the coach must at least look competent and in control of the situation. The coach must remain calm so that the injured player and teammates are not unduly upset. In addition, the coach must:
1. Not diagnose an injury. 2. Do not touch the injury, but ask the player to move the affected area. 3. Seek professional help for all but minor injuries. 4. Put the child's welfare ahead of the team's need.
A player who is experiencing heat exhaustion will feel cool, clammy, and damp. What three things should the coach do immediately?
1. Move the player to shade. 2. Douse the player with cool water. 3. Give the player fluids.
The position of the marking defender is influenced by a number of factors that include position of the ball and the goal relative to the marked attacker. The forward should be more tightly marked as:
1. The player moves into a more dangerous shooting position. 2. The player off the ball moves into a position to quickly receive a pass.
There are how many "Laws of the Game"?
Name the "Laws of the Game".
1. Field of Play. 2. Ball. 3. No. of Players. 4. Equipment. 5. Referee. 6. Assistant Referee. 7. Duration of Match. 8. Start & Restart of Play. 9. Ball in & out of play. 10. Scoring. 11. Offside. 12. Fouls & Misconduct. 13. Free Kicks. 14. Penalty Kicks. 15. Throw-in. 16. Goal Kick. 17. Corner Kick.
What are the seven (7) reasons for a caution (yellow card)?
1. Unsporting behavior 2. Protest to Referee 3. Constant law breaking 4. Delaying the restart of play 5. Failing to respect the required distance 6. Entering or re-enters the field wo/ the referee's permission 7. Deliberately leaves the field wo/ the referee's permission
On a waterlogged field, a player places the ball for a penalty kick to the side of the penalty mark. Is this permitted?
Only if the referee permits.
Is there anytime a soccer player can commit a "good foul"?
There is no good-foul.
Name the four (4) match characteristics which are seen at all levels of play.
1. Shooting 2. Short combined w/ Long Play 3. Transition (roll reversal - Attack to Defense) 4. Risk (vs. safety of maintaining possession)