5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ESL Pullout
- Superlative Adjectives
- Future Perfect Tense
- a The study of psychological states and mental activity associated with the use of language
- b Indicates completed action in the future (Will have taken)
- c Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)
- d LEP students are 'pulled out' of regular, mainstream classrooms for special instruction in ESL.
- e Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
5 Multiple choice questions
- The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
- Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities
- Includes test taking techniques and study skills
- Public schools are prohibited from denying immigrant students access to public education
- Focuses on teaching communicative skills. Low anxiety. Focus is on meaning rather than form.
5 True/False questions
False Cognates → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Explicit Instruction → Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
Comparative Adjectives → Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)
Fricatives → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Silent Period → A period of time when ESL students do not speak (2 weeks to 1 Year)