5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Doe vs. Plyer
- Silent Way
- Sheltered ESL Class
- Strategy Based Instruction
- Performance Based Approach
- a Public schools are prohibited from denying immigrant students access to public education
- b Includes test taking techniques and study skills
- c Using simplified English in a classroom for content based instruction
- d measures progress in terms of what real world tasks students are able to accomplish. Includes portfolios, checklists, reading logs.
- e Teacher remains mostly silent and students are encouraged to discover rules and solve problems on their own. Learning through discovery.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities
- 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
- ESL teacher comes to the students in the regular classroom.
- A period of time when ESL students do not speak (2 weeks to 1 Year)
- to vocabulary is critical for learning
5 True/False questions
Natural Approach → Focuses on teaching communicative skills. Low anxiety. Focus is on meaning rather than form.
Cognates → words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
Comparative Adjectives → Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)
Past Participle → Verb ending in 'ed' (cleaned, scared)
Implicit Instruction → Providing definitions and examples. Pronounce, explain, provide examples, elaborate, and assess. Step by Step - carefully organized systematic instruction