5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Strategy Based Instruction
- Dual immersion
- Doe vs. Plyer
- Comparative Adjectives
- a Total Physical Response invented by James Asher. The learner responds to language input with body motions
- b 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
- c Public schools are prohibited from denying immigrant students access to public education
- d Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)
- e Includes test taking techniques and study skills
5 Multiple choice questions
- A federally mandated questionnaire that school administer to newly enrolled students to determin whether a language other than English is spoken in the home
- LEP students are 'pulled out' of regular, mainstream classrooms for special instruction in ESL.
- Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
- The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
- Verb ending in 'ed' (cleaned, scared)
5 True/False questions
Performance Based Approach → measures progress in terms of what real world tasks students are able to accomplish. Includes portfolios, checklists, reading logs.
Multiple Exposures → words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
Structured Immersion → Teachers are bilingual and have an ESL endorsement and use the students' native language to clarify English instructions
Fricatives → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Superlative Adjectives → Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)