5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sheltered ESL Class
- Superlative Adjectives
- Doe vs. Plyer
- Implicit Instruction
- Structured Immersion
- a Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
- b Public schools are prohibited from denying immigrant students access to public education
- c Teachers are bilingual and have an ESL endorsement and use the students' native language to clarify English instructions
- d Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)
- e Using simplified English in a classroom for content based instruction
5 Multiple choice questions
- Air flow is constricted, but not stopped. (fluff, verve, sip, hop, she, sip
- The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
- Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)
- to vocabulary is critical for learning
- A period of time when ESL students do not speak (2 weeks to 1 Year)
5 True/False questions
ESL Pullout → ESL teacher comes to the students in the regular classroom.
Strategy Based Instruction → Includes test taking techniques and study skills
Natural Approach → 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
Phoneme → a sound that makes a difference in language
Future Perfect Tense → Indicates completed action in the future (Will have taken)