5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Strategy Based Instruction
- Word Stress
- Silent Way
- ESL Immersion Program
- a An approach in which the target language is used exclusively to provide all instruction
- b Total Physical Response invented by James Asher. The learner responds to language input with body motions
- c Teacher remains mostly silent and students are encouraged to discover rules and solve problems on their own. Learning through discovery.
- d The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
- e Includes test taking techniques and study skills
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities
- Teachers are bilingual and have an ESL endorsement and use the students' native language to clarify English instructions
- Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)
- ESL teacher comes to the students in the regular classroom.
- Verb ending in 'ed' (cleaned, scared)
5 True/False questions
Doe vs. Plyer → Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities
False Cognates → words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
Cognates → a sound that makes a difference in language
Implicit Instruction → Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
Sheltered ESL Class → Using simplified English in a classroom for content based instruction