5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John paul Jones
- a join the military
- b a member of an irregular armed force that fights a stronger force by sabotage and harassment
- c a nonmilitary citizen
- d American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792)
- e the act of forming an alliance or confederation
5 Multiple choice questions
- leader of the American Revolution who proposed the resolution calling for independence of the American colonies (1732-1794)
- I came from France to help the Americans win their freedom.
- finding a solution to a problem
- a preliminary introduction to a statute or constitution (usually explaining its purpose)
- a Spanish governor who came over to help America and helped raise an army
5 True/False questions
Friedrich von Steuben → Military officer from Germany who trained American soldiers during the American Revolution.
mercenary → a highly mobile army unit
Francis Marion → South Carolina militia leader nicknamed the "Swamp Fox" for his hit-and-run attacks on the British during the American Revolution.
traitor → a person who says one thing and does another
continental → being or concerning or limited to a continent especially the continents of North America or Europe