5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Paine
- Bernardo de Galvez
- a American Revolutionary leader and pamphleteer (born in England) who supported the American colonist's fight for independence and supported the French Revolution (1737-1809)
- b a person hired to fight for another country than their own
- c a Spanish governor who came over to help America and helped raise an army
- d a person who says one thing and does another
- e being or concerning or limited to a continent especially the continents of North America or Europe
5 Multiple choice questions
- I came from France to help the Americans win their freedom.
- a nonmilitary citizen
- a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British
- a complaint.
- Leader of a small Patriot force that captured British-controlled Fort Vincennes in the Ohio Valley in 1779., secured the Northwest Territory for America
5 True/False questions
resolution → join the military
privateer → a privately owned warship commissioned to prey on the commercial shipping or warships of an enemy nation
Richard Henry Lee → a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British
enlist → join the military
Francis Marion → South Carolina militia leader nicknamed the "Swamp Fox" for his hit-and-run attacks on the British during the American Revolution.