7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The transmission of traits (via genes) from one generation to the next.
- Process by which organisms make more of their own kind. Can be sexual or asexual.
- NOT a guess!!! Theories attempt to EXPLAIN observations and experimental results. This leads to more questions that create more hypothesis that can support or reject the theory. Ex: There is no theory of gravity because scientists don't know enough about it to explain it well enough to agree on a theory.
- The smallest unit capable of all life functions.
- The maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism.
- Laws allow scientiest to make predictions. Usually associated with a formula. Ex: Law of gravity allows us to make predictions about the force of gravity.
6 True/False questions
Constant → All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
Independent Variable → The part of the experiment that I (get it...I) control. This is what you are isolating.
Mutation → A change in the DNA sequence of a gene. This can lead to genetic diversity.
Metabolism → The sum of all chemical reactions in an organism. Consists of anabolism (builds things and consumes energy) and catabolism (breaks things down and releases energy).
Hypothesis → An educated answer to a question based on past experiences and current understandings.
Evolution → A change in the DNA sequence of a gene. This can lead to genetic diversity.