7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- A sequence of DNA that codes for a specific trait. Sometimes 1 gene = 1 trait; also many genes can = 1 trait
- The group in an experiment that is lacking (as best as possible) the effects of the IV.
- The study of life.
- The transmission of traits (via genes) from one generation to the next.
- Laws allow scientiest to make predictions. Usually associated with a formula. Ex: Law of gravity allows us to make predictions about the force of gravity.
- The maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism.
6 True/False questions
Genome → All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
Experiment → All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
Dependent Variable → These are the results of an experiment; what you are measuring. The data for the experimental group and control group is usually expected to be different.
Metabolism → The sum of all chemical reactions in an organism. Consists of anabolism (builds things and consumes energy) and catabolism (breaks things down and releases energy).
Constant → Things that must remain the same between the experimental group AND the control group.
Hypothesis → An educated answer to a question based on past experiences and current understandings.