7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- A controlled way of isolating 1 variable (IV) and comparing the result with a control (does not have IV applied)
- The smallest unit capable of all life functions.
- All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
- Laws allow scientiest to make predictions. Usually associated with a formula. Ex: Law of gravity allows us to make predictions about the force of gravity.
- A change in the DNA sequence of a gene. This can lead to genetic diversity.
- The group in an experiment that is lacking (as best as possible) the effects of the IV.
6 True/False questions
Ecology → The study of how organisms interact with their environment.
Independent Variable → These are the results of an experiment; what you are measuring. The data for the experimental group and control group is usually expected to be different.
Hypothesis → An educated answer to a question based on past experiences and current understandings.
Homeostasis → An educated answer to a question based on past experiences and current understandings.
Reproduction → The change in the inherited characteristics of an organism over generations; sometimes quick, sometimes slow...depends on environment.
Dependent Variable → The part of the experiment that I (get it...I) control. This is what you are isolating.