7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism.
- Things that must remain the same between the experimental group AND the control group.
- The study of life.
- The change in the inherited characteristics of an organism over generations; sometimes quick, sometimes slow...depends on environment.
- An educated answer to a question based on past experiences and current understandings.
- All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
6 True/False questions
Gene → A sequence of DNA that codes for a specific trait. Sometimes 1 gene = 1 trait; also many genes can = 1 trait
Reproduction → The change in the inherited characteristics of an organism over generations; sometimes quick, sometimes slow...depends on environment.
Scientific Theory → NOT a guess!!! Theories attempt to EXPLAIN observations and experimental results. This leads to more questions that create more hypothesis that can support or reject the theory. Ex: There is no theory of gravity because scientists don't know enough about it to explain it well enough to agree on a theory.
Scientific Law → Laws allow scientiest to make predictions. Usually associated with a formula. Ex: Law of gravity allows us to make predictions about the force of gravity.
Metabolism → The sum of all chemical reactions in an organism. Consists of anabolism (builds things and consumes energy) and catabolism (breaks things down and releases energy).
Control Group → The group in an experiment that is lacking (as best as possible) the effects of the IV.