7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The change in the inherited characteristics of an organism over generations; sometimes quick, sometimes slow...depends on environment.
- Process by which organisms make more of their own kind. Can be sexual or asexual.
- The part of the experiment that I (get it...I) control. This is what you are isolating.
- The transmission of traits (via genes) from one generation to the next.
- The maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism.
- The group in an experiment that is lacking (as best as possible) the effects of the IV.
6 True/False questions
Metabolism → A change in the DNA sequence of a gene. This can lead to genetic diversity.
Experiment → A controlled way of isolating 1 variable (IV) and comparing the result with a control (does not have IV applied)
Scientific Law → NOT a guess!!! Theories attempt to EXPLAIN observations and experimental results. This leads to more questions that create more hypothesis that can support or reject the theory. Ex: There is no theory of gravity because scientists don't know enough about it to explain it well enough to agree on a theory.
Scientific Theory → Laws allow scientiest to make predictions. Usually associated with a formula. Ex: Law of gravity allows us to make predictions about the force of gravity.
Biology → The study of how organisms interact with their environment.
Ecology → The study of life.