7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
- A change in the DNA sequence of a gene. This can lead to genetic diversity.
- The smallest unit capable of all life functions.
- A controlled way of isolating 1 variable (IV) and comparing the result with a control (does not have IV applied)
- The maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism.
- Things that must remain the same between the experimental group AND the control group.
6 True/False questions
Hypothesis → An educated answer to a question based on past experiences and current understandings.
Biology → The study of life.
Heredity → The transmission of traits (via genes) from one generation to the next.
Control Group → The study of how organisms interact with their environment.
Ecology → The study of how organisms interact with their environment.
Independent Variable → These are the results of an experiment; what you are measuring. The data for the experimental group and control group is usually expected to be different.