7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Things that must remain the same between the experimental group AND the control group.
- The maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism.
- The group in an experiment that is lacking (as best as possible) the effects of the IV.
- The study of how organisms interact with their environment.
- A controlled way of isolating 1 variable (IV) and comparing the result with a control (does not have IV applied)
- The transmission of traits (via genes) from one generation to the next.
6 True/False questions
Hypothesis → The maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism.
Gene → All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
Scientific Law → Laws allow scientiest to make predictions. Usually associated with a formula. Ex: Law of gravity allows us to make predictions about the force of gravity.
Mutation → A change in the DNA sequence of a gene. This can lead to genetic diversity.
Dependent Variable → The part of the experiment that I (get it...I) control. This is what you are isolating.
Scientific Theory → NOT a guess!!! Theories attempt to EXPLAIN observations and experimental results. This leads to more questions that create more hypothesis that can support or reject the theory. Ex: There is no theory of gravity because scientists don't know enough about it to explain it well enough to agree on a theory.