5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Change of organisms over geologic time
- A group of organisms that can only reproduce with it's own kind.
- era of ancient life, which began about 544 million years ago when organisms developed hard parts and ended with mass extinctions about 245 million years ago
- Large ancient land mass that was composed of all the continents
- The longest part of earths history, lasting from 4 billion to about 544 million years ago.
5 True/False questions
Period → Third longest divison of geologic time-subdivided into epochs and is characterized by the types of life that existed worldwide
Mesozoic era → an era of recent life that began about 65 million years ago and continues today,includes the first appearance of Homo Sapiens about 400,000 years ago.
Eons → Second longest division of geologic time based on major worldwide changes in types of fossils
Geologic time scales → This division of Earth's history into time units based on life forms that lived only during certain periods.
Epoch → longest subdivision of geologic time scale that is based on the abundance of certain types of fossils and is subdivided into eras, periods, and epochs