5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The longest part of earths history, lasting from 4 billion to about 544 million years ago.
- Chlorophyll-containing, photosynthetic bacteria thought to be one of Earth's earliest life-forms
- Large ancient land mass that was composed of all the continents
- A group of organisms that can only reproduce with it's own kind.
- Third longest divison of geologic time-subdivided into epochs and is characterized by the types of life that existed worldwide
5 True/False questions
Trilobite → organism with a three-lobed exoskeleton that was abundant in Paleozoic oceans and is considered to be an index fossil
Mesozoic era → Middle era of Earth's history, during which Pangaea broke apart, dinosaurs appeared, and reptiles and gymnosperms were the dominant land life-forms
Cenzoic era → an era of recent life that began about 65 million years ago and continues today,includes the first appearance of Homo Sapiens about 400,000 years ago.
Paleozoic era → Middle era of Earth's history, during which Pangaea broke apart, dinosaurs appeared, and reptiles and gymnosperms were the dominant land life-forms
Organic evolution → The process by which organisms that are suited to a particular environment are better able to survive and reproduce than organisms that are not.