5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Large ancient land mass that was composed of all the continents
- The process by which organisms that are suited to a particular environment are better able to survive and reproduce than organisms that are not.
- an era of recent life that began about 65 million years ago and continues today,includes the first appearance of Homo Sapiens about 400,000 years ago.
- Next smaller division of geologic time after the period, is characterized by differences in life forms that may vary regionally.
- organism with a three-lobed exoskeleton that was abundant in Paleozoic oceans and is considered to be an index fossil
5 True/False questions
Eras → longest subdivision of geologic time scale that is based on the abundance of certain types of fossils and is subdivided into eras, periods, and epochs
Period → A group of organisms that can only reproduce with it's own kind.
Paleozoic era → Middle era of Earth's history, during which Pangaea broke apart, dinosaurs appeared, and reptiles and gymnosperms were the dominant land life-forms
Precambian time → organism with a three-lobed exoskeleton that was abundant in Paleozoic oceans and is considered to be an index fossil
Cyanobacteria → Chlorophyll-containing, photosynthetic bacteria thought to be one of Earth's earliest life-forms