5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Emilio Aguinaldo
- Who led the Rough Riders in Cuba?
- The use of sensational exaggerated stories...
- Which skilled horseman organized the military force called the Division De Norte?
- a Yellow Journalism
- b Theodore Roosevelt
- c Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- d Francisco "Pancho" Villa
- e National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- False, equal trade with China
- Bonus payment
- Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
- Offered to negotiate the dispute between the United States and united Mexican people, who were on the brink of war.
- Porfirio Diaz
5 True/False questions
Lilioukalani → one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
Dr. William C. Gorgas... → Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
Emiliano Zapata → Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
True or False:Fransisco Madero Began the Mexican Revolution because he felt his country need to be more open to foreign investors. → False
Hay-Herran Treaty → Agreement with Colombia that would have given the U.S. a 99-year lease on a 5 mile-wide strip of land across the Isthmus of Panama; rejected by the Colombian senate.