5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who led Mexico for 34 years and eagerly welcomed foreign investment?
- True or False: William Seward's purchase of Alaska bought many benefits to the U.S.
- John Hay...
- Dollar Diplomacy
- a Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
- b Porfirio Diaz
- c Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
- d True
- e The practice of extending a nation's power by gaining territories for a colonial empire.
5 Multiple choice questions
- one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
- Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
- organized a vast effort to rid the canal route of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
5 True/False questions
Hay-Herran Treaty → Agreement with Colombia that would have given the U.S. a 99-year lease on a 5 mile-wide strip of land across the Isthmus of Panama; rejected by the Colombian senate.
Which skilled horseman organized the military force called the Division De Norte? → Francisco "Pancho" Villa
Subsidy → poet and patriot that was exiled out of Cuba.
Argentina, Brazil, and Chile known as the ABC powers... → organized a vast effort to rid the canal route of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
True or False: The Open Door policy stated that all nations had equal access to trade with Japan. → False, equal trade with China