5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What document suggested that the U.S. closely watched debtor nations?
- John Hay...
- Fransisco Madero
- Dr. William C. Gorgas...
- In the Boxer Rebellion...
- a Roosevelt Corollary
- b Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
- c Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
- d democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
- e organized a vast effort to rid the canal route of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Amendment to the Cuban constitution that gave the U.S. the right to become involved in Cuba's foreign and domestic affairs; remained in effect until 1934.
- Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
- False, equal trade with China
5 True/False questions
Lilioukalani → Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
Emiliano Zapata → one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
Imperialism → National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
Teller Amendment → U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
Which skilled horseman organized the military force called the Division De Norte? → Roosevelt Corollary