5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Hay...
- Platt Amendment
- Argentina, Brazil, and Chile known as the ABC powers...
- a Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
- b Bonus payment
- c National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
- d Amendment to the Cuban constitution that gave the U.S. the right to become involved in Cuba's foreign and domestic affairs; remained in effect until 1934.
- e Offered to negotiate the dispute between the United States and united Mexican people, who were on the brink of war.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- Theodore Roosevelt
- U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
- False, equal trade with China
- Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
5 True/False questions
Dollar Diplomacy → U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
By avoiding involvement in the affairs of other countries, Americans were practicing... → Theodore Roosevelt
True or False:Fransisco Madero Began the Mexican Revolution because he felt his country need to be more open to foreign investors. → False
True or False: William Seward's purchase of Alaska bought many benefits to the U.S. → False, equal trade with China
True or False: The Anti-Imperialist league supported the U.S. in efforts to build a colonial empire. → False