5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The use of sensational exaggerated stories...
- Hay-Herran Treaty
- True or False: The Anti-Imperialist league supported the U.S. in efforts to build a colonial empire.
- John Hay...
- True or False: The Open Door policy stated that all nations had equal access to trade with Japan.
- a False
- b False, equal trade with China
- c Yellow Journalism
- d Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
- e Agreement with Colombia that would have given the U.S. a 99-year lease on a 5 mile-wide strip of land across the Isthmus of Panama; rejected by the Colombian senate.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
- National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
- Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
5 True/False questions
Which skilled horseman organized the military force called the Division De Norte? → Francisco "Pancho" Villa
Teller Amendment → Amendment to the Cuban constitution that gave the U.S. the right to become involved in Cuba's foreign and domestic affairs; remained in effect until 1934.
Argentina, Brazil, and Chile known as the ABC powers... → Offered to negotiate the dispute between the United States and united Mexican people, who were on the brink of war.
True or False:Fransisco Madero Began the Mexican Revolution because he felt his country need to be more open to foreign investors. → True
Emiliano Zapata → Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.