5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dollar Diplomacy
- In the Boxer Rebellion...
- Teller Amendment
- a Bonus payment
- b Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
- c U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
- d Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
- e National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- poet and patriot that was exiled out of Cuba.
- Amendment to the Cuban constitution that gave the U.S. the right to become involved in Cuba's foreign and domestic affairs; remained in effect until 1934.
- Roosevelt Corollary
- The practice of extending a nation's power by gaining territories for a colonial empire.
- Agreement with Colombia that would have given the U.S. a 99-year lease on a 5 mile-wide strip of land across the Isthmus of Panama; rejected by the Colombian senate.
5 True/False questions
Argentina, Brazil, and Chile known as the ABC powers... → Offered to negotiate the dispute between the United States and united Mexican people, who were on the brink of war.
True or False: U.S. leaders were interested in building a canal across the Isthmus of Panama to shorten the voyage between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. → True
True or False: The Open Door policy stated that all nations had equal access to trade with Japan. → False, equal trade with China
By avoiding involvement in the affairs of other countries, Americans were practicing... → Isolationism
Dr. William C. Gorgas... → Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.