5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- True or False: William Seward's purchase of Alaska bought many benefits to the U.S.
- Hay-Herran Treaty
- The use of sensational exaggerated stories...
- John Hay...
- a Yellow Journalism
- b Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
- c Agreement with Colombia that would have given the U.S. a 99-year lease on a 5 mile-wide strip of land across the Isthmus of Panama; rejected by the Colombian senate.
- d Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
- e True
5 Multiple choice questions
- one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
- National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
- Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- Porfirio Diaz
- Roosevelt Corollary
5 True/False questions
Platt Amendment → U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
Jose Marti → Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
By avoiding involvement in the affairs of other countries, Americans were practicing... → Isolationism
Dr. William C. Gorgas... → organized a vast effort to rid the canal route of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
Who led the Rough Riders in Cuba? → Theodore Roosevelt