5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hay-Herran Treaty
- In the Boxer Rebellion...
- Who led the Rough Riders in Cuba?
- Dollar Diplomacy
- a Agreement with Colombia that would have given the U.S. a 99-year lease on a 5 mile-wide strip of land across the Isthmus of Panama; rejected by the Colombian senate.
- b National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
- c Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
- d Theodore Roosevelt
- e Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
5 Multiple choice questions
- poet and patriot that was exiled out of Cuba.
- Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- Francisco "Pancho" Villa
- Yellow Journalism
5 True/False questions
True or False: The Anti-Imperialist league supported the U.S. in efforts to build a colonial empire. → False
Fransisco Madero → democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
What document suggested that the U.S. closely watched debtor nations? → Yellow Journalism
Platt Amendment → Amendment to the Cuban constitution that gave the U.S. the right to become involved in Cuba's foreign and domestic affairs; remained in effect until 1934.
Emiliano Zapata → one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.