5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a dog of mixed or indeterminate breed
- b tightly drawn; tense; not slack.
- c a substance composed of two or more metals, or of a metal or metals with a nonmetal, intimately mixed, as by fusion or electrodeposition.
- d a feline mammal of Europe and North America, with grey-brown mottled fur, tufted ears, and a short tail
- e not steady or firm; unstable; shaky
5 Multiple choice questions
- to burn unsteadily; shine with a wavering light
- a bright flame or fire
- a broad-mouthed container, usually cylindrical and of glass or earthenware
- bending readily without breaking or becoming deformed; pliant; flexible
- to utter suddenly or inadvertently; divulge impulsively or unadvisedly (usually followed by out ):
5 True/False questions
coarse → composed of relatively large parts or particles
tender → soft or delicate in substance; not hard or tough
plush → to utter suddenly or inadvertently; divulge impulsively or unadvisedly (usually followed by out ):
recall → to bring back from memory; recollect; remember
soothe → 1. a nonhuman creature; beast.
2. a brutal, insensitive, or crude person.
3. the animal qualities, desires, etc., of humankind: