5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a bending readily without breaking or becoming deformed; pliant; flexible
- b a dog of mixed or indeterminate breed
- c having the nap worn off so as to lay bare the threads of the warp and woof, as a fabric, garment, etc.
- d something that remains above what is used or needed
- e a feline mammal of Europe and North America, with grey-brown mottled fur, tufted ears, and a short tail
5 Multiple choice questions
- tightly drawn; tense; not slack.
- a fabric, as of silk, cotton, or wool, whose pile is more than 1 / 8 inch (0.3 cm) high
- not steady or firm; unstable; shaky
- a broad-mouthed container, usually cylindrical and of glass or earthenware
- the visual and especially tactile quality of a surface
5 True/False questions
blaze → 1. a nonhuman creature; beast.
2. a brutal, insensitive, or crude person.
3. the animal qualities, desires, etc., of humankind:
blurt → to utter suddenly or inadvertently; divulge impulsively or unadvisedly (usually followed by out ):
brute → to utter suddenly or inadvertently; divulge impulsively or unadvisedly (usually followed by out ):
tender → soft or delicate in substance; not hard or tough
falter → to burn unsteadily; shine with a wavering light