5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a something that remains above what is used or needed
- b to tranquilize or calm, as a person or the feelings; relieve, comfort, or refresh
- c a microorganism, especially when disease-producing; microbe.
- d composed of relatively large parts or particles
- e bending readily without breaking or becoming deformed; pliant; flexible
5 Multiple choice questions
- a dog of mixed or indeterminate breed
- in a state of foul decay or decomposition, as animal or vegetable matter; rotten.
- a bright flame or fire
- to bring back from memory; recollect; remember
- a feline mammal of Europe and North America, with grey-brown mottled fur, tufted ears, and a short tail
5 True/False questions
brute → 1. a nonhuman creature; beast.
2. a brutal, insensitive, or crude person.
3. the animal qualities, desires, etc., of humankind:
falter → to hesitate or waver in action, purpose, intent, etc.; give way
dearth → composed of relatively large parts or particles
foretell → to tell of beforehand; predict; prophesy.
threadbare → soft or delicate in substance; not hard or tough