5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________.
- The larger a star is, the ____________ its main sequence will be.
- What happens to the pitch of a car horn as it approaches a listener?
- A light source that is rapidly moving away from an observer will exhibit ____________.
- One explanation for the accelerating expansion for the universe is an undiscovered form of energy called ________________________.
- a redshift
- b dark energy
- c the pitch goes up (increases in frequency)
- d shorter
- e light year
5 Multiple choice questions
- white dwarf
- black hole
- 10 billion years
5 True/False questions
What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur? → white dwarf
What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed? → Big Bang theory
The coolest stars burn ________, while the hottest stars burn ________. → shorter
How are elements heavier than iron created? → supernovas
What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is less than about 5 times the mass of the Sun? → neutron star