5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The coolest stars burn ________, while the hottest stars burn ________.
- What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is less than about 5 times the mass of the Sun?
- One explanation for the accelerating expansion for the universe is an undiscovered form of energy called ________________________.
- What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur?
- What happens to the pitch of a car horn as it approaches a listener?
- a neutron star
- b dark energy
- c extreme heat and pressure
- d the pitch goes up (increases in frequency)
- e red; (yellow, white); blue
5 Multiple choice questions
- dark matter
- hydrogen, helium
- The Big Bang Theory
5 True/False questions
From birth to death, our sun is expected to spend a total of __________________ years in its main sequence, before running out of Hydrogen fuel → 10 billion years
Which law states that the farther away a galaxy is, the faster it is moving away → Hubble's Law
Approximately how old is the universe? → 13.7 billion years
What process creates energy the core of stars? → nuclear fusion
What is the name of the galaxy we live in? → spiral