5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In a star's main sequence the element _____________ is being fused into the element _____________.
- What shape is the Milky Way galaxy?
- Which theory explains that all matter in the universe expanded from a single point?
- What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed?
- What is the name of the galaxy we live in?
- a spiral
- b hydrogen, helium
- c Milky Way
- d The Big Bang Theory
- e Big Bang theory
5 Multiple choice questions
- white dwarf
- red; (yellow, white); blue
- 13.7 billion years
- black hole
5 True/False questions
The larger a star is, the ____________ its main sequence will be. → shorter
Which is larger: a solar system or a galaxy? → spiral
What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is less than about 5 times the mass of the Sun? → neutron star
What happens to the pitch of a car horn as it approaches a listener? → Milky Way
A star enters its red giant stage when it begins fusing which element? → helium