5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________.
- What process creates energy the core of stars?
- What is the name of the galaxy we live in?
- Stars are born from clouds of dust and gas called __________________.
- In a star's main sequence the element _____________ is being fused into the element _____________.
- a light year
- b nuclear fusion
- c nebulae
- d hydrogen, helium
- e Milky Way
5 Multiple choice questions
- the pitch goes up (increases in frequency)
- extreme heat and pressure
- 10 billion years
5 True/False questions
What does redshift tell scientists about the universe? → the universe is expanding
What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is less than about 5 times the mass of the Sun? → neutron star
A star enters its red giant stage when it begins fusing which element? → the universe is expanding
One explanation for the accelerating expansion for the universe is an undiscovered form of energy called ________________________. → Big Bang theory
Which theory explains that all matter in the universe expanded from a single point? → Milky Way