5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The coolest stars burn ________, while the hottest stars burn ________.
- What does redshift tell scientists about the universe?
- In a star's main sequence the element _____________ is being fused into the element _____________.
- Mysterious matter that doesn't emit light is called ______________________.
- The larger a star is, the ____________ its main sequence will be.
- a red; (yellow, white); blue
- b dark matter
- c shorter
- d hydrogen, helium
- e the universe is expanding
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Big Bang Theory
- Hubble's Law
- black hole
5 True/False questions
A star enters its red giant stage when it begins fusing which element? → the universe is expanding
What shape is the Milky Way galaxy? → spiral
From birth to death, our sun is expected to spend a total of __________________ years in its main sequence, before running out of Hydrogen fuel → nebulae
What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur? → extreme heat and pressure
Approximately how old is the universe? → 13.7 billion years