5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________.
- What is the heaviest element that red supergiants can create by nuclear fusion?
- What is the name of the galaxy we live in?
- A star enters its red giant stage when it begins fusing which element?
- In a star's main sequence the element _____________ is being fused into the element _____________.
- a hydrogen, helium
- b helium
- c Milky Way
- d iron
- e light year
5 Multiple choice questions
- nuclear fusion
- 10 billion years
- dark matter
- neutron star
- Hubble's Law
5 True/False questions
What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed? → Big Bang theory
Which theory explains that all matter in the universe expanded from a single point? → Milky Way
What happens to the pitch of a car horn as it approaches a listener? → the pitch goes up (increases in frequency)
Stars are born from clouds of dust and gas called __________________. → dark matter
The larger a star is, the ____________ its main sequence will be. → shorter