5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The coolest stars burn ________, while the hottest stars burn ________.
- What process creates energy the core of stars?
- What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed?
- Which law states that the farther away a galaxy is, the faster it is moving away
- What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is more than 5 times the mass of the Sun?
- a Big Bang theory
- b nuclear fusion
- c Hubble's Law
- d red; (yellow, white); blue
- e black hole
5 Multiple choice questions
- hydrogen, helium
- the universe is expanding
- dark energy
- light year
5 True/False questions
What is the heaviest element that red supergiants can create by nuclear fusion? → iron
What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur? → white dwarf
How are elements heavier than iron created? → spiral
What do small stars become after their red giant stage? → nuclear fusion
Approximately how old is the universe? → Milky Way