5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is less than about 5 times the mass of the Sun?
- A star enters its red giant stage when it begins fusing which element?
- What is the name of the galaxy we live in?
- A light source that is rapidly moving away from an observer will exhibit ____________.
- What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur?
- a Milky Way
- b helium
- c neutron star
- d extreme heat and pressure
- e redshift
5 Multiple choice questions
- a galaxy
- the universe is expanding
- light year
5 True/False questions
One explanation for the accelerating expansion for the universe is an undiscovered form of energy called ________________________. → Big Bang theory
Which theory explains that all matter in the universe expanded from a single point? → white dwarf
What shape is the Milky Way galaxy? → Milky Way
What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is more than 5 times the mass of the Sun? → neutron star
What happens to the pitch of a car horn as it approaches a listener? → the pitch goes up (increases in frequency)