5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 120, 250
- blood clotting
- a Erythrocytes have a short life span (__ days)--> we produce __ billion/day.
- b Plasmin is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes fibrin --> __ blood clots.
- c Plasma help in __ __.
- d These blood cells are the defense corps of body. They attack foreign invaders, destroy abnormal cells, clean up cellular debris. They are called __.
- e Plasma proteins are made by the __.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Plasma proteins: are made by the __, exert __ __ in the capillaries, and help in __ __.
- Plasma contains 3 major proteins: __, __, __ and nutrients, metabolic end products, hormones.
- __ - cell fragments derived (broken off from) from large bone marrow cells (megakaryocytes)
- Erythrocytes (RBC's) make up __ % of blood cells.
- Platelets play important role in __, therefore are essential to blood clotting.
5 True/False questions
erythrocytes → ___ make up 99% of all blood cells.
nucleus, organelles, ribosomes → Erythrocytes do not contain __, __, or __
kidneys, oxygen → Erythropoietin is a hormone produced by the __ in response to low __ supplies.
platelet plugging, collagen → __ __ - aggregation of platelets quickly plugs defect as soon as they come in contact with __ in damaged vessel wall.
bilirubin → __ - is the breakdown product of hemoglobin, gives plasma yellowish color.