5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- iron, bind, unbind
- vascular spasm
- a Hemoglobin is packed with Fe (__) which can __ and __ with oxygen
- b __ __ - reduces blood flow through injured vessel (narrow's vessel wall by closing diameter and reducing flow)
- c __ - is an insoluble threadlike molecule, is laid down as the meshwork of the clot.
- d Plasmin is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes fibrin --> __ blood clots.
- e Plasma proteins are made by the __.
5 Multiple choice questions
- __ (WBC) - attack parasitic worms and key role in (sorry, not have in my notes)
- Platelet plug does not __ past site of injury (because they only stick to the exposed collagen).
- Platelets play important role in __, therefore are essential to blood clotting.
- __ (WBC) - engulf bacteria and debris
- __ (WBC) - immune defense against bacteria, viruses (produce antibodies).
5 True/False questions
leukocytes → These blood cells are the defense corps of body. They attack foreign invaders, destroy abnormal cells, clean up cellular debris. They are called __.
liquid, 55 → Blood cells are suspended in __ and account for __% of the blood volume.
precursor → Most factors necessary for clotting are always present in plasma in inactive __ (they are always ready to go) form. They are triggered by exposed collagen.
plasmin → __ - is an insoluble threadlike molecule, is laid down as the meshwork of the clot.
hematocrit → Platelets play important role in __, therefore are essential to blood clotting.