5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- spleen, liver
- plasma, 45
- transport oxygen
- kidneys, oxygen
- a Erythropoietin is a hormone produced by the __ in response to low __ supplies.
- b Erythrocytes are specialized for primary function of __ __ in the blood.
- c Platelets play important role in __, therefore are essential to blood clotting.
- d RBC cells (erythroycytes) die in the __ and __.
- e Blood cells are suspended in __ and account for __% of the blood volume.
5 Multiple choice questions
- There are five types of WBC's: (remember the nmenoic: Never Let Monkey's Eat Banana's...this also lists the types in volume highest to lowest)
- Hemoglobin is packed with Fe (__) which can __ and __ with oxygen
- The reason why you can get hemostasis to effect immediately is: most factors necessary for clotting are always present in the plasma in __ __ form.
- Plasma help in __ __.
- These blood cells are the defense corps of body. They attack foreign invaders, destroy abnormal cells, clean up cellular debris. They are called __.
5 True/False questions
vascular spasm, platelet plugging, clot formation → There are three main steps to hemostasis: __ __, __ __, and __ __.
precursor → Platelet plug does not __ past site of injury (because they only stick to the exposed collagen).
liquid, 55 → Plasma is the __ portion of blood ( __ %)
hemostasis → RBC's are packed full of __ - iron (Fe) containing molecule that can loosely, reversibly bind with O2.
45 → Blood cells make up __ % of the blood.