5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- plasmin, fibrin
- a __ (WBC) - allergenic response and clearing of fat from blood
- b __ is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes __
- c When vessel is __, exposed collagen initiates a cascade of reactions involving successive activation of clotting factors.
- d Plasmin is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes fibrin --> __ blood clots.
- e __ - arrest (stopping) of bleeding from injured vessel.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Plasma help in __ __.
- __ (WBC) - attack parasitic worms and key role in (sorry, not have in my notes)
- __ - is the breakdown product of hemoglobin, gives plasma yellowish color.
- ___ make up 99% of all blood cells.
- There are five types of WBC's: (remember the nmenoic: Never Let Monkey's Eat Banana's...this also lists the types in volume highest to lowest)
5 True/False questions
45 → Blood cells make up __ % of the blood.
fibrin → Ultimately converts fibrinogen (a protein) to __ (thread like molecule, like a spider web).
monocyte → __ (WBC) - immune defense against bacteria, viruses (produce antibodies).
vascular spasm → __ __ - reduces blood flow through injured vessel (narrow's vessel wall by closing diameter and reducing flow)
nucleus, organelles, ribosomes → Erythrocytes do not contain __, __, or __