5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- kidneys, oxygen
- neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, basophils
- blood clotting
- transport medium
- a Plasma serves as the __ __ for substances being carried in the blood.
- b There are five types of WBC's: (remember the nmenoic: Never Let Monkey's Eat Banana's...this also lists the types in volume highest to lowest)
- c Erythropoietin is a hormone produced by the __ in response to low __ supplies.
- d Ultimately converts fibrinogen (a protein) to __ (thread like molecule, like a spider web).
- e Plasma help in __ __.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Plasmin is a ___ enzyme that decomposes ___, which dissolves blood clots.
- The process that produces RBC's is called __.
- ___ make up 99% of all blood cells.
- RBC cells (erythroycytes) die in the __ and __.
- Blood cells are suspended in __ and account for __% of the blood volume.
5 True/False questions
erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets → Blood cells are made up of __, __, and __.
formed elements, plasma → RBC cells (erythroycytes) die in the __ and __.
osmotic pressure → Plasma proteins exert __ __ in capillaries.
spread → Plasma proteins are made by the __.
albumins, fibrinogen, globulins → __ is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes __