5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a These blood cells are the defense corps of body. They attack foreign invaders, destroy abnormal cells, clean up cellular debris. They are called __.
- b Platelets play important role in __, therefore are essential to blood clotting.
- c Ultimately converts fibrinogen (a protein) to __ (thread like molecule, like a spider web).
- d __ (WBC) - allergenic response and clearing of fat from blood
- e Erythropoiesis - erythrocyte production by a hormone called __.
5 Multiple choice questions
- __ (WBC) - attack parasitic worms and key role in (sorry, not have in my notes)
- New RBC cells are made by __ __.
- Plasma proteins are made by the __.
- __ (WBC) - engulf bacteria and debris
- ___ make up 99% of all blood cells.
5 True/False questions
precursor → Most factors necessary for clotting are always present in plasma in inactive __ (they are always ready to go) form. They are triggered by exposed collagen.
erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets → __ is a hormone produced by the kidneys in response to __ oxygen supplies
vascular spasm, platelet plugging, clot formation → There are three main steps to hemostasis: __ __, __ __, and __ __.
proteolytic, fibrin → __ is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes __
hemostasis → __ - arrest (stopping) of bleeding from injured vessel.