5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- plasma, 45
- platelet plugging, collagen
- a Blood cells are suspended in __ and account for __% of the blood volume.
- b ___ make up 99% of all blood cells.
- c When blood clots are no longer needed, they are dissolved by __.
- d __ __ - aggregation of platelets quickly plugs defect as soon as they come in contact with __ in damaged vessel wall.
- e Ultimately converts fibrinogen (a protein) to __ (thread like molecule, like a spider web).
5 Multiple choice questions
- Erythrocytes (RBC's) make up __ % of blood cells.
- Blood cells are made up of __, __, and __.
- Erythropoietin is a hormone produced by the __ in response to low __ supplies.
- __ (WBC) - attack parasitic worms and key role in (sorry, not have in my notes)
- Plasma serves as the __ __ for substances being carried in the blood.
5 True/False questions
monocyte → __ (WBC) - immune defense against bacteria, viruses (produce antibodies).
negative → Plasma proteins are made by the __.
formed elements, plasma → RBC cells (erythroycytes) die in the __ and __.
spread → Platelet plug does not __ past site of injury (because they only stick to the exposed collagen).
collagen → When vessel is __, exposed collagen initiates a cascade of reactions involving successive activation of clotting factors.