5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- formed elements, plasma
- spleen, liver
- transport medium
- a Platelet plug does not spread past site of injury because they only stick to the exposed __.
- b Plasma serves as the __ __ for substances being carried in the blood.
- c RBC cells (erythroycytes) die in the __ and __.
- d Blood is composed of __ __ (cells and cell fragments) suspended in liquid (or __)
- e Erythrocytes (RBC's) make up __ % of blood cells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The process that produces RBC's is called __.
- __ __ - reduces blood flow through injured vessel (narrow's vessel wall by closing diameter and reducing flow)
- __ (WBC) - allergenic response and clearing of fat from blood
- ___ make up 99% of all blood cells.
- Plasma is the __ portion of blood ( __ %)
5 True/False questions
kidneys, oxygen → Erythropoietin is a hormone produced by the __ in response to low __ supplies.
eosinophil → __ (WBC) - attack parasitic worms and key role in (sorry, not have in my notes)
nucleus, organelles, ribosomes → Blood is composed of __ __ (cells and cell fragments) suspended in liquid (or __)
45 → Erythrocytes (RBC's) make up __ % of blood cells.
precursor → Platelet plug does not __ past site of injury (because they only stick to the exposed collagen).