5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- liver, osmotic pressure, blood clotting
- vascular spasm, platelet plugging, clot formation
- erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets
- a Blood cells are made up of __, __, and __.
- b Most factors necessary for clotting are always present in plasma in inactive __ (they are always ready to go) form. They are triggered by exposed collagen.
- c There are three main steps to hemostasis: __ __, __ __, and __ __.
- d __ - arrest (stopping) of bleeding from injured vessel.
- e Plasma proteins: are made by the __, exert __ __ in the capillaries, and help in __ __.
5 Multiple choice questions
- __ - is the breakdown product of hemoglobin, gives plasma yellowish color.
- These blood cells are the defense corps of body. They attack foreign invaders, destroy abnormal cells, clean up cellular debris. They are called __.
- __ (WBC) - immune defense against bacteria, viruses (produce antibodies).
- Plasma serves as the __ __ for substances being carried in the blood.
- Hemoglobin is packed with Fe (__) which can __ and __ with oxygen
5 True/False questions
platelets → The feedback system that controls more RBC's is a __ feedback system.
45 → Blood cells make up __ % of the blood.
liquid, 55 → Blood cells are suspended in __ and account for __% of the blood volume.
erythropoietin, low → Erythropoiesis - erythrocyte production by a hormone called __.
99 → Blood cells make up __ % of the blood.