5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- plate tectonics
- volcanic particulates
- solar maxium
- a made up in the lithosphere. this affects climate as an example of the continental drift.
- b conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time.
- c (volcanic ash) volcanic ash consists of small pieces of tephra, which are bits of pulverized rock and glass created by volcanic eruptions
- d the period of greatest solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun
- e the measure of solar radiation or energy received on a given surface area in a given ime.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the most widely used climate classification systems- vegetation.the best expression of climate.
- the lowest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.
- the primary greenhouse gases are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone.
- the period of least solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun.
- a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. this process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect
5 True/False questions
climate → A graph that depicts the annual cycle of temperature and rainfall for a geographical locations. On the graph, one vertical access shows temperature, the second vertical access shows rainfall, and the horizontal access shows time.
albedo → how the atmospheres behaves over relatively long periods of time.
solar output → the period of greatest solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun
hydrosphere → the term which collectively means the portions of the earths surface where water is in solid form including sea ice, pond ice, and lake ice
topography → the study of earth's surface shape and features or those of plantes, moons, or asteroids.