5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- natural climate variability
- plate tectonics
- a conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time.
- b the significant and lasting change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns over periods of time. (climate changes)
- c the combined mass of water found on, under, and over the surface of a planet.
- d made up in the lithosphere. this affects climate as an example of the continental drift.
- e a combination of abar and line chart used to show the climate of a place over a 12 month period.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the period of greatest solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun
- the lowest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.
- the term which collectively means the portions of the earths surface where water is in solid form including sea ice, pond ice, and lake ice
- the measure of solar radiation or energy received on a given surface area in a given ime.
- a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. this process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect
5 True/False questions
albedo → how the atmospheres behaves over relatively long periods of time.
greenhouse effect → the primary greenhouse gases are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone.
solar output → the change in the amount of radiation emitted by the sun and its spectral distribution over years to millennia.
biosphere → the global sum of all ecosystems. can also be the zone of life on Earth.
koppen climate classification → the most widely used climate classification systems- vegetation.the best expression of climate.