5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- maximum temperature
- solar minium
- greenhouse effect
- a A graph that depicts the annual cycle of temperature and rainfall for a geographical locations. On the graph, one vertical access shows temperature, the second vertical access shows rainfall, and the horizontal access shows time.
- b the combined mass of water found on, under, and over the surface of a planet.
- c the primary greenhouse gases are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone.
- d the period of least solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun.
- e the highest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a combination of abar and line chart used to show the climate of a place over a 12 month period.
- a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. this process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect
- the measure of solar radiation or energy received on a given surface area in a given ime.
- the global sum of all ecosystems. can also be the zone of life on Earth.
- the term which collectively means the portions of the earths surface where water is in solid form including sea ice, pond ice, and lake ice
5 True/False questions
solar maxium → the period of least solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun.
weather → conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time.
climate → how the atmospheres behaves over relatively long periods of time.
albedo → how the atmospheres behaves over relatively long periods of time.
plate tectonics → made up in the lithosphere. this affects climate as an example of the continental drift.