5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the combined mass of water found on, under, and over the surface of a planet.
- b the measure of solar radiation or energy received on a given surface area in a given ime.
- c a combination of abar and line chart used to show the climate of a place over a 12 month period.
- d the term which collectively means the portions of the earths surface where water is in solid form including sea ice, pond ice, and lake ice
- e the study of earth's surface shape and features or those of plantes, moons, or asteroids.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. this process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect
- the change in the amount of radiation emitted by the sun and its spectral distribution over years to millennia.
- the most widely used climate classification systems- vegetation.the best expression of climate.
- the period of least solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun.
- A graph that depicts the annual cycle of temperature and rainfall for a geographical locations. On the graph, one vertical access shows temperature, the second vertical access shows rainfall, and the horizontal access shows time.
5 True/False questions
weather → conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time.
greenhouse effect → the primary greenhouse gases are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone.
natural climate variability → the most widely used climate classification systems- vegetation.the best expression of climate.
plate tectonics → made up in the lithosphere. this affects climate as an example of the continental drift.
albedo → how the atmospheres behaves over relatively long periods of time.