Terms in this set (15)
1. to give prominence to, Emphasize or intensify. 2. To pronounce with a stress or accent. 3. To mark with an accent mark.
1. The repetition of the same sounds, usually consonants or consonant clusters.
1. Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise unlike. 2. An explanation of something by comparing it with something similar.
1. A protein produced in the blood or tissues in response of the presence of a specific toxin, foreign blood cell, or other antigen.
1. to have great ambition, desire strongly
1. To deceive by elaborate trickery hoodwink.
1. very strange or odd
1. Rough and stormy, violent
1. a refusal to buy from or deal with a person. 2. A refusal to buy or use a product or service.
1. A method of concealing military troops or equipment by making them appear to be apart of the natural surroundings. 2. Protective coloring or a disguise that conceals
1. The order or sequence of events. 2. A list or table of events analyzed in order of time occurrence.
1. To honor the memory of. 2. to be a memorial to, as a holiday
1. To crouch or draw back as from fear or pain, cringe.
1. Proper behavior or conduct, propriety
1. The act of subtracting, subtracting. 2. An amount that is or may be subtracted. 3. The process of reaching a conclusion by reasoning especially from general principles. 4. A conclusion reached by this process.