5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was the main Impressionist composer we studied and what nationality was he?
- The instrumental form based on the contrast of two dissimilar masses of sound is called:
- Which of the following is a well-known set of concertos by Vivaldi?
- What happens to Billy at the end of Billy the Kid?
- Wagner called his operas:
- a Claude Debussy; France.
- b The Four Seasons.
- c Music dramas.
- d The concerto.
- e Billy is tracked down and killed by his childhood friend Sheriff Pat Garrett.
5 Multiple choice questions
- "Blue" note.
- A surprise loud chord is played in the slow movement.
- An aria.
5 True/False questions
Which of the following was a widely loved nationalist opera composer? → Concerto.
The overall form of a minuet and trio is best described as: → A-B-A.
What trend inspired composers to write music evoking scenes or sounds of far off lands? → The revolutionary score touched off a near riot.
Which composer has been considered to be the single most important phenomenon in the artistic life to the latter half of the nineteenth century? → Palestrina.
The new pre-Classical "sensitive" style, which saw the first stirrings of Romanticism, was called: → Empfindsamkeit.