5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The structure known as binary form is:
- All of the following were new opera types that sought to reflect simplicity and real human emotions EXCEPT:
- Tchaikovsky's fanciful ballet about a child's Christmas gift and dreams of exotic people and places is:
- The Baroque era witnessed the appearance of the:
- Which of the following is NOT a type of orchestral program music?
- a a-a-b-b.
- b The Nutcracker.
- c Opera Seria.
- d Concerto.
- e Solo concerto and concerto grosso.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Grand opera.
- The coda.
- A Poet's Love.
- More than 600.
5 True/False questions
The new pre-Classical "sensitive" style, which saw the first stirrings of Romanticism, was called: → Her wish for her husband to return.
The overall form of a minuet and trio is best described as: → Suite.
The librettist for Wagner's music dramas was: → The composer himself.
The third movement of a Classical symphony is most frequently in: → The second movement.
Which best describes the style of the third movement of Brahm's Symphony No. 3? → A four-note motive.