5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The solo instrument in Spring from The Four Seasons is:
- How did comic opera differ from opera seria?
- The short, lyric piano piece was the instrumental equivalent of:
- How many bars is in the standard blues song repeating pattern?
- Which best describes the style of the third movement of Brahm's Symphony No. 3?
- a The violin.
- b A melancholic waltz.
- c The song.
- d It was sung in the vernacular, it presented down-to-earth plots, and it featured ensemble as well as solo singing.
- e Twelve.
5 Multiple choice questions
- "Blue" note.
- Baroque era.
- Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel.
5 True/False questions
The three main sections of sonata-allegro form are the exposition, development, and: → Russia.
Which 20th century Russian composer had three periods of composition and also wrote The Rite of Spring? → Igor Stravinsky
Beethoven suffered perhaps the most traumatic of all maladies for a musician. What was it? → Explosive and independent.
What instrument did Louis Armstrong play? → The trumpet.
A drama that is sung is called: → An opera.