5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Tchaikovsky's fanciful ballet about a child's Christmas gift and dreams of exotic people and places is:
- The familiar tune quoted near the end of Gottschalk's work The Banjo is:
- ----- is NOT an important composer of nineteenth-century Lieder.
- Music based on the seven tones of a major or minor scaled is called:
- A short phrase repeated over and over in the bass is called:
- a Camptown Races.
- b Heinrich Heine.
- c The Nutcracker.
- d A ground bass.
- e Diatonic.
5 Multiple choice questions
- More than 600.
- Public concert hall.
- Gilda, Rigoletto's daughter.
- Triadic harmonies.
5 True/False questions
Beethoven suffered perhaps the most traumatic of all maladies for a musician. What was it? → Deafness.
A drama that is sung is called: → An opera.
Which composer is known as "the poet of the piano"? → His red hair.
Which of the following does NOT characterize the music for Act III, scene 1 of Die Walkure? → Subordinate orchestral role.
The expressive device used by Renaissance composers to pictorialize words musically is called: → Word painting.