5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which composer has been considered to be the single most important phenomenon in the artistic life to the latter half of the nineteenth century?
- A drama that is sung is called:
- The approximate dates of the Baroque period are:
- Which movement of a symphony is traditionally the slowest?
- Which country does Mariachi music come from?
- a Wagner.
- b An opera.
- c The second movement.
- d 1600-1750.
- e Mexico.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Visions that foretold the future, founding her own convent, and writing religious poetry.
- Baroque era.
- The piano.
- The ripieno.
5 True/False questions
Which of the following dance types was NOT standard in a Baroque suite → Tarantella.
The two principal centers of nineteenth century ballet were France and: → Love, longing, and nature.
A song structure that is composed from beginning to end without repetition of whole sections is called: → Through-composed.
Instrumental music endowed with literary, philosophical, or pictoral associations is called: → Program music.
The most important instrumental genre of the Classical period was: → The symphony.