5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which country started the Expressionist movement?
- Which best describes the opening idea of Beethoven's Symphony No. 5?
- What happened at the premiere of The Rite of Spring in Paris, 1913?
- What is the typical number of movements found in a concerto?
- The most important keyboard instrument of the Romantic period was:
- a The revolutionary score touched off a near riot.
- b A four-note motive.
- c Three.
- d The piano.
- e Germany.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The name of Christ is mentioned throughout.
- Two sopranos and basso continuo.
- Igor Stravinsky
- Triangles, cymbals, and bass drums.
5 True/False questions
Beethoven's temperment could be best described as: → A-B-A.
A twelve-tone scale, including all the semitones of the octave, is called: → A half-step.
An arrangement of the twelve chromatic tones that serves as the basis of the a twelve-tone composition. → A ground bass.
Music based on the seven tones of a major or minor scaled is called: → Cyclical form.
An Italian comic opera is called: → An opera.