5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- During the nineteenth century, concert life began to center in the:
- What is unusual about Beethoven's Symphony No. 5?
- Who was the first internationally acclaimed American composer of classical music?
- What is the typical number of movements found in a concerto?
- The group of early Baroque writers, artists, and musicians whose aim was to resurrect the musical drama of ancient Greece was known as:
- a Public concert hall.
- b Louis Moreau Gottschalk.
- c Three.
- d There is no break between the third and fourth movements.
- e The Florentine Camerata.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The second movement.
- Minuet and trio form.
- Two sopranos and basso continuo.
- Twelve-tone Music.
5 True/False questions
Which Western orchestral instrument, or instruments, derive from Turkish military bands? → Triangles, cymbals, and bass drums.
George Frederic Handel was considered master of: → Music dramas.
Beethoven suffered perhaps the most traumatic of all maladies for a musician. What was it? → Explosive and independent.
A large-scale work in several movements for solo instrument(s) and orchestra is called: → A concerto.
The Classical period in music ranged from approximately: → Martin Luther.