5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The short, lyric piano piece was the instrumental equivalent of:
- Who dies at the end of Rigoletto?
- Which early Renaissance composer exerted a powerful influence on generations of composers who followed?
- What trend inspired composers to write music evoking scenes or sounds of far off lands?
- What is the form of the second movement of Beethoven's Symphony No. 5?
- a Gilda, Rigoletto's daughter.
- b Exoticism.
- c The song.
- d Theme and Variations.
- e Josquin.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Opera Seria.
- Rocket themes.
5 True/False questions
Who was the first internationally acclaimed American composer of classical music? → Louis Moreau Gottschalk.
Mozart's compositions are often listed by their K numbers, which refer to: → The man who first cataloged his works.
How many notes in a scale does an octave span? → Eight.
The artificially created male soprano or alto who dominated opera was known as: → The castrato.
The first movement of a symphony is usually in: → Sonata-allegro form.