5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- if you are pushing against a wall, are you doing work? explain.
- What is a lever? list two other examples of a lever.
- What is an inclined plane?
- example of a wheel and axle.
- What is a pulley?
- a a simple machine with a straight, slanted surface.
- b No. work is only done when the object moves. if the object doesnt move, no matter how much force you put on it, it isnt work.
- c a simple machine that has a fulcrum, or pivot point.
- d simple machine that is made of a wheel with a groove in it and a rope. it is usually used to life heavy objects.
- e turn a door knob (the wheel) the axle moves, to unfasten the door.
5 Multiple choice questions
- we need to know the size of the force that was put on the object, and how far the object moved.
- a machine made of two or more simple machines. example: scissors, can openers
- the rate at which work is done.
- P=W / T, the unit Watts
- Doorstop. it holds things together.
5 True/False questions
^ ---> Doing work? → Yes
What is the scientific meaning of the word "work"? → P=W / T, the unit Watts
what is a screw? → a inclined plane that is wrapped in a spiral, usually on a rod, but not always.
^ <--- Doing work? → Yes
^ ^ Doing work? → No