5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the formula for power?
- example of a wheel and axle.
- what is a machine's mechanical advantage? if i say a machine has a mechanical advantage of 20, what does that mean?
- what is a screw?
- An example of an inclined plane.
- a pushing a piece of heavy furniture up a ramp requires less input force, from you, than just lifting it up.
- b P=W / T, the unit Watts
- c a inclined plane that is wrapped in a spiral, usually on a rod, but not always.
- d turn a door knob (the wheel) the axle moves, to unfasten the door.
- e it means that the machine multiplies the force you put into it twenty times. so, if the machine multiplies the force by 20, you would only have to put in a small amount of force to do a large amount of work.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a double inclined plane that moves.
- is a measure of how much of a machines energy is wasted, overcoming friction. No machine is 100% efficient, becuase there are always surfaces rubbing together.
- a simple machine with a straight, slanted surface.
- a simple machine that is made of a circular object connected to a rod.
- No, the same amount of work is done, whether you do it yourself, or use a machine.
5 True/False questions
---> ----> Doing work? → Yes
what is a machine? → a inclined plane that is wrapped in a spiral, usually on a rod, but not always.
if you throw a ball, are you doing work? Explain. → you are only doing work on the ball as long as you are directly putting a force on it, in other words, when you are touching it.
What two things do we need to know to calculate work? → W= F x D, the unit Joule
What is a pulley? → a inclined plane that is wrapped in a spiral, usually on a rod, but not always.