5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ---> ----> Doing work?
- What is a pulley?
- if you throw a ball, are you doing work? Explain.
- What is "power", scientifically speaking?
- What is an inclined plane?
- a the rate at which work is done.
- b simple machine that is made of a wheel with a groove in it and a rope. it is usually used to life heavy objects.
- c a simple machine with a straight, slanted surface.
- d Yes
- e you are only doing work on the ball as long as you are directly putting a force on it, in other words, when you are touching it.
5 Multiple choice questions
- stays still, like the middle of a seesaw.
- a simple machine that is made of a circular object connected to a rod.
- a simple machine that has a fulcrum, or pivot point.
- a machine made of two or more simple machines. example: scissors, can openers
- Machines can change the size of the input force necessry. Also, they can change the direction of the force, which is especially helpfulo when we are trying to life somthing.
5 True/False questions
What two things do we need to know to calculate work? → W= F x D, the unit Joule
^ <--- Doing work? → Yes
What is the formula to calculating work? → W= F x D, the unit Joule
if you are carrying a suitcase,are you doing work on the suitcase? why or why not? → No. work is only done when the object moves. if the object doesnt move, no matter how much force you put on it, it isnt work.
What is the scientific meaning of the word "work"? → Work happens when a force causes an object to move in the same direction of that force.