5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What patterns of inheirtance are illustrated by ABO Human Blood Types? Explain.
- If an organism's diploid number is 46, what is the number for haploid?
- Polygenic traits
- Anaphase II
- Name the pattern of inheritance that would produce the speckled chicken with black and white feathers
- a trait controlled by two or more genes
- b One pattern of inheirtance is codominance and the examples are A is equally dominant to B, so the blood type is AB. Multiple alleles have three possible alleles which are A,B,and O
- c 23
- d the sister chromatids separate and move toward opposite ends of the cell
- e Codominance
5 Multiple choice questions
- They produce hundreds of offspring.
- process in sexual reproduction in which male and female reproductive cells join to form a new cell
- states that some alleles are dominant and others are recessive
- one of a number of different forms of a gene
- Punnett squares use probability to predict the combinations of alleles in a genetic cross.
5 True/False questions
What did Gregor Mendel contribute to what we know about genetics? → They predict the traits of the offspring of the genetic crosses.
Phenotype → physical characteristics of an organism
How many alleles for a particular trait do pea plants inherit from each parent? → There is only one allele for a particular trait.
Where does an oganism get its unique characteristics? → An individual's unique characteristics are determined by factors that are passed from parent to offspring.
How can two alleles from different genes be inherited together? → A phenotype is a physical characteristic of an organism and a genotype is the genetic makeup of an organism.