5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the reason for codominance?
- Principle of dominance
- Why did Thomas Hunt Morgan use fruit flies for his model organism?
- a states that some alleles are dominant and others are recessive
- b The phenotypes for both alleles are equally expressed in the offspring.
- c having two different alleles for a trait
- d The scientific study of heredity
- e They produce hundreds of offspring.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the sister chromatids separate and move toward opposite ends of the cell
- a fertilized egg
- The trait is visible whenever a dominant allele is present in the genotype such as TT or Tt(both tall)
- trait controlled by two or more genes
- the genetic makeup of an organism
5 True/False questions
How many alleles for a particular trait do pea plants inherit from each parent? → There is only one allele for a particular trait.
Telophase II and Cytokinesis → Nuclear membranes form. The cell separates into two cells.
What symbol is used to represent a diploid? → 2N; N represents the single set of chromosomes found in a gamete.
Homologous → term used to refer to chromosomes in which one set comes from the male parent and one set comes from the female parent
Prophase I → meiosis I results in two haploid daugther cells, each with half the number of chromosomes as the original cell