5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Anaphase II
- Define hybrid
- Define true-breeding
- a Pure bred means that the plants self-pollinate and produce offspring identical to themselves.
- b A hybrid is the offspring that crosses between parents with different traits.
- c a fertilized egg
- d having two different alleles for a trait
- e the sister chromatids separate and move toward opposite ends of the cell
5 Multiple choice questions
- Traits can be controlled by incomplete alleles and codominant alleles, or by genes with more than two possible alleles. Traits can also be controlled by several genes.
- Chromosome pairs of the same length, centromere positions, and staining patterns for the same characteristics.
- a gene that has more than two alleles
- The factors that are passed from parent to offspring
- There is only one allele for a particular trait.
5 True/False questions
Codominance → process in which homologous chromosomes exchange portions of their chromatids during meiosis
Alleles → one of a number of different forms of a gene
Principle of dominance → states that some alleles are dominant and others are recessive
Gametes → The scientific study of heredity
What symbol is used to represent a diploid? → 2N; N represents the single set of chromosomes found in a gamete.