5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Anaphase II
- A version of gene is the same thing as an what?
- How many sets of genes are found in most adult organisms?
- Why are the principles of probability used for genetics?
- a Allele
- b They predict the traits of the offspring of the genetic crosses.
- c physical characteristics of an organism
- d The diploid cells of most adult organisms contain two complete sets of inherited chromosomes and so two complete sets of genes.
- e the sister chromatids separate and move toward opposite ends of the cell
5 Multiple choice questions
- having two identical alleles for a trait
- 2N; N represents the single set of chromosomes found in a gamete.
- They produce hundreds of offspring.
- states that the pair of alleles for each parent seperate and only one allele passes from each parent to an offspring
- Spindle fibers attach to the chromosomes
5 True/False questions
What patterns of inheirtance are illustrated by ABO Human Blood Types? Explain. → During prophase, the chromosomes become visible. During metaphase, the chromosomes line up in the middle of the cell. During anaphase, the chromatids seperate. During telophase and cytokinesis, four new haploid cells are formed.
How many alleles per trait would there be in a gamete in a pea plant? → There is only one allele per trait.
Explain how to determine the gametes for a dihybrid cross when the parent gamete is TtYy → TtYy; First: TY; Outside: Ty; Inside: tY; Last: Ty. The F.O.I.L. method determines all the possible allele combinations
Describe a situation in flowers that show incomplete dominance → The phenotypes for both alleles are equally expressed in the offspring.
How do alleles segregate when more than one gene is involved? → During prophase, each copied chromosome matches up with its homologous chromosome. Crossing-over increases the allele combinations on chromatids. In metaphase, spindle fibers form. In anaphase, chromatids seperate. In telophase, a nuclear membrane forms around the chromosomes. During cytokinnesis, the cells spilt, and two cells are made.