5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Interstate Commerce Act
- Struggles of Immigrants
- Emancipation Proclaimation
- a Many nativists discriminated against immigants. They had to live in poor crowded tenements,work long hours at factories and couldn't afford to send let their children finish school.
- b Passed in 1887, this act reestablished the federal government's right to supervise railroad activities.
- c Issued by Abraham Lincoln on September 22, 1862, it declared that all slaves in the rebellious Confederate states would be free.
- d (politics) granting favors or giving contracts or making appointments to office in return for political support
- e National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, founded in 1909 to work for racial equality
5 Multiple choice questions
- Many efficient inventions were made and products became easier to produce. People moved from the country to the city and technology spread to more homes.
- (1882) Denied any additional Chinese laborers to enter the country while allowing students and merchants to immigrate.
- Guaranteed the rights of citizenship to ALL citizens
- a 3-minute address by Abraham Lincoln during the American Civil War (November 19, 1963) at the dedication of a national cemetery on the site of the Battle of Gettysburg
- The "separate but equal" segregation laws state and local laws enacted in the Southern and border states of the United States and enforced between 1876 and 1965
5 True/False questions
Dred Scott Case → The "separate but equal" segregation laws state and local laws enacted in the Southern and border states of the United States and enforced between 1876 and 1965
Lassiez Faire → (politics) granting favors or giving contracts or making appointments to office in return for political support
Major differences between the Union and Confederacy → The Confederates (South) were attempting to separate from the United States. The Union (North) was the remainder of the US fighting to keep the country united. The South believed that only the North's best interests were in mind, they had very different economies.
Collective Bargaining → A theory that humans evolved from monkeys, introduced by Charles Darwin, turns into survival of the fittest. To the government, this justified big businesses dominating small businesses and taking over the market.
Ellis Island → Inspection station for immigrants arriving on the West Coast