5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ellis Island
- Emancipation Proclaimation
- Populism/Populist Movement
- Three regions where America emerged
- Interstate Commerce Act
- a Inspection station for immigrants arriving on the East Coast
- b The political doctrine that supports the rights and powers of the common people in their struggle with the privileged elite.
A short-lived political party in the United States established in 1887. Based among poor white cotton farmers in the South, and hard-pressed wheat farmers in the Plains states, it represented a radical crusading form of agrarianism and hostility to banks.
- c * Asia (Native Americans)
* came to hunt herds
* created complex societies
* couldn't resist colonization
* drastic population decline
* Europe (British, Spanish, and others)
* British came for a new start
* seeking freedom, wealth, and land
* Spanish, Portugese, and French weren't trying to escape, unlike British persecution
* forced to migrate as labor
* lost all connection to Africa
* part of the African Diaspoa
- d Passed in 1887, this act reestablished the federal government's right to supervise railroad activities.
- e Issued by Abraham Lincoln on September 22, 1862, it declared that all slaves in the rebellious Confederate states would be free.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1905 - Also known as IWW or Wobblies - created in opposition to American Federation of Labor
- Many efficient inventions were made and products became easier to produce. People moved from the country to the city and technology spread to more homes.
- *Author of the Declaration of Independence
*strict interpretation of Constitution
*weaker national government
*supported by "the people"
*strong state rights
- Guaranteed the rights of citizenship to ALL citizens
- Cheap products shipped to other countries from the US made their economies fail.
5 True/False questions
15th Amendment → Gave African American men the right to vote, this made women upset because they can't vote
Collective Bargaining → negotiation between an employer and trade union
Jim Crow Laws → (politics) granting favors or giving contracts or making appointments to office in return for political support
The Gentlemen's Agreement → Population Growth led to a HIGH demand for goods which needed to be produced faster and faster. People used to spin wool and weave cloth at home, that wasn't fast enough to keep up with the demand of groups of people; led to mills and factories.
The significance of the first ten amendments to the Constitution → It gave 160 acres of land to citizens. This encouraged Americans to move west and farm land. However, not many were successful because of poor weather conditions and competition.