5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why the Constitution is considered a "Living Constitution"
- 15th Amendment
- 14th Amendment
- The Gentlemen's Agreement
- Interstate Commerce Act
- a Passed in 1887, this act reestablished the federal government's right to supervise railroad activities.
- b Gave African American men the right to vote, this made women upset because they can't vote
- c Population Growth led to a HIGH demand for goods which needed to be produced faster and faster. People used to spin wool and weave cloth at home, that wasn't fast enough to keep up with the demand of groups of people; led to mills and factories.
- d Guaranteed the rights of citizenship to ALL citizens
- e It can adapt and be flexible as necessary, adding and cutting out parts that don't apply.
5 Multiple choice questions
- King George unfairly taxed citizens and took advantage of their distance. He believed that he should make decisions for the colonists even though he didn't know what was best for them.
After America gained independence, Thomas Jefferson, along with others, wrote the Declaration of Independence in 1776.
- a 3-minute address by Abraham Lincoln during the American Civil War (November 19, 1963) at the dedication of a national cemetery on the site of the Battle of Gettysburg
- Supreme Court case which ruled that slaves are not citizens but are property, affirmed that property cannot be interfered with by Congress, slaves do not become free if they travel to free territories or states, fueled abolitionist movement, hailed as victory for the south
- Freed all slaves
- A clause in registration laws allowing people who do not meet registration requirements to vote if they or their ancestors had voted before 1867.
5 True/False questions
Three regions where America emerged → Passed in 1887, this act reestablished the federal government's right to supervise railroad activities.
Abraham Lincoln's purpose for the Civil War → Abraham Lincoln accepted War as the only means to save the Union, it later became about slavery as well.
Causes and effects of the clashes between Native Americans and White Settlers → They had clashing cultures. Natives believed no one owned land while Settlers believed that everything could be bought and sold. They also believed they were the superior race and were scared of Natives. Settlers "Americanized" Natives and the Native American culture diminished because of it.
Plessy v. Ferguson → *Author of the Declaration of Independence
*strict interpretation of Constitution
*weaker national government
*supported by "the people"
*strong state rights
Jim Crow Laws → (politics) granting favors or giving contracts or making appointments to office in return for political support