5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Describe a "Circular Rural Settlement" and a "Linear Rural Settlement"
- What 2 factors are needed to determine the extent of a market area?
- Name 4 services typically found in "clustered Rural Settlements"
- Define the term "Range"
- Define a "Settlement"
- a A permanent collection of buildings where people reside, work and obtain services
- b The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
- c -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
- d Its range and its threshold
- e the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service
5 Multiple choice questions
- The purpose is to provide services to indivisual consumers who desire them and can afford to pay them
- Small settlements are limited to consumer services that have small thresholds, short ranges and small market areas. A business cannot manage in a place where it cannot be supported.
- the minimum number of people needed to support a business
- They provide relatively unskilled jobs and depend on their economic on the world's decisions
- -car, bike, truck -broadcasting
5 True/False questions
What is the difference between "Basic Industries" and "Non-basic Industries"? → The purpose is to provide services to indivisual consumers who desire them and can afford to pay them
Define "World City" and give 3 examples. → Wrold citites are most closely integrated into the global economic system because they are the center of the flow of information and capitol
-London -New York -Tokoyo
Define a "Service" → A permanent collection of buildings where people reside, work and obtain services
Define "Specialized Prodcer-Service Centers" → the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
Name 3 reasns why businesses have moved to the suburbs since WWII → -Land costs are lower
-More service providers
-Most customers are there