5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name 3 reasns why businesses have moved to the suburbs since WWII
- What are "Dependent Center"?
- Describe a "Circular Rural Settlement" and a "Linear Rural Settlement"
- What is meant by "Optimal Location" within a market?
- What is the "Rank-Size Rule"?
- a The best location is the one that minimizes the distance to the service for the largest number of people
- b In whihc the country's nth-largest settlement is 1/2 the population of the largest settlement. Serveral MDCs in Europe
- c -Less transportation
-Able to improve
-Cheaper to maintain
- d The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
- e They provide relatively unskilled jobs and depend on their economic on the world's decisions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Is a market center for the exchange of goods and services by the people in the area
- the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
- -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
- The typical modern industry requires a large percent of land for operation
Transformed their waterfronts from industry to commercial and recreational activities
- The purpose is to provide services to indivisual consumers who desire them and can afford to pay them
5 True/False questions
Define the term "Range" → the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service
Define a "Settlement" → A permanent collection of buildings where people reside, work and obtain services
Why do countries build "Skyscrapers" → -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
Name 4 services typically found in "clustered Rural Settlements" → -expenisve shops -movie theaters -restaurants -theme parks
Define "Specialized Prodcer-Service Centers" → the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement