5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define the term "Range"
- Describe a "Circular Rural Settlement" and a "Linear Rural Settlement"
- Define "primate city"
- What 2 factors are needed to determine the extent of a market area?
- Define "World City" and give 3 examples.
- a Wrold citites are most closely integrated into the global economic system because they are the center of the flow of information and capitol
-London -New York -Tokoyo
- b The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
- c Its range and its threshold
- d the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service
- e the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
5 Multiple choice questions
- -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
- Basic industries-is a settlements distinctive economic structure derives which export primarily to consumers outside of the settlement
Non-basic industires are enterprises whose customers live in the same community, essentially consumer services
- The third level of cities, offer more narrow and highly specialized variety of services
- Small settlements are limited to consumer services that have small thresholds, short ranges and small market areas. A business cannot manage in a place where it cannot be supported.
- -Shops with....high threshold, long range, that serve people who work in the center
5 True/False questions
Name 3 reasons factories have moved to the suburbs → -Less transportation
-Able to improve
-Cheaper to maintain
Name 4 cities in ther "third tier" → -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
Name 4 services that have a "High Threshold" → -expenisve shops -movie theaters -restaurants -theme parks
Name 2 ways CBDs are different in Europe → -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
What the "Command and Control Centers"? → They provide relatively unskilled jobs and depend on their economic on the world's decisions