5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a "Market Area of a Service"?
- What 2 factors are needed to determine the extent of a market area?
- What the "Command and Control Centers"?
- Name 4 services typically found in "clustered Rural Settlements"
- Give 3 reasons why manufacturing has declined in the CBD
- a The area surronding a service from which customers are attracted
- b The second level of cities, contains the head quarters of many large corporations, well-developed banking facilities, and concentrations of other business services
- c The typical modern industry requires a large percent of land for operation
Transformed their waterfronts from industry to commercial and recreational activities
- d Its range and its threshold
- e -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Wrold citites are most closely integrated into the global economic system because they are the center of the flow of information and capitol
-London -New York -Tokoyo
- They provide goods for sale to consumers
- The demand for space in the central city
- A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
- -keeping money in a bank -staying at a hotel
5 True/False questions
Name 2 ways CBDs are different in Europe → -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
Name 3 reasns why businesses have moved to the suburbs since WWII → -Less transportation
-Able to improve
-Cheaper to maintain
Define a "Settlement" → A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
Define "Specialized Prodcer-Service Centers" → The third level of cities, offer more narrow and highly specialized variety of services
Name 4 services that have a "High Threshold" → -Houston -Miami -San Franciso -Tornoto