5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name 4 cities in ther "third tier"
- What are "Retail Services"?
- What is a "Central Place"?
- What is a "Market-Area Analysis" and why is it important?
- Name 4 services typically found in "clustered Rural Settlements"
- a -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
- b -Houston -Miami -San Franciso -Tornoto
- c Is a market center for the exchange of goods and services by the people in the area
- d They provide goods for sale to consumers
- e Retailer and other services provides make use of market-area studies to determine if locating in the market would be profitable and where the best location would be
5 Multiple choice questions
- A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
- -1750 through 1850 in Great Britain
-To improve agricultural production, a number of European countries converted their rurals landscapes from clustered settlements to dispersed patterns
- -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
- the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
- A permanent collection of buildings where people reside, work and obtain services
5 True/False questions
Name 3 reasns why businesses have moved to the suburbs since WWII → -Less transportation
-Able to improve
-Cheaper to maintain
What is the difference between "Basic Industries" and "Non-basic Industries"? → Basic industries-is a settlements distinctive economic structure derives which export primarily to consumers outside of the settlement
Non-basic industires are enterprises whose customers live in the same community, essentially consumer services
Describe a "Circular Rural Settlement" and a "Linear Rural Settlement" → The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
Define the term "Range" → the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service
What is meant by "Optimal Location" within a market? → the minimum number of people needed to support a business