5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What 2 factors are needed to determine the extent of a market area?
- Give 2 examples of "Public Services"
- Name 3 types of services one might find in the CBD of a city or settlement
- What the "Command and Control Centers"?
- What is meant by the "Hierarchy of Services"?
- a Its range and its threshold
- b -Shops with....high threshold, long range, that serve people who work in the center
- c The second level of cities, contains the head quarters of many large corporations, well-developed banking facilities, and concentrations of other business services
- d Small settlements are limited to consumer services that have small thresholds, short ranges and small market areas. A business cannot manage in a place where it cannot be supported.
- e -keeping money in a bank -staying at a hotel
5 Multiple choice questions
- They provide relatively unskilled jobs and depend on their economic on the world's decisions
- -Land costs are lower
-More service providers
-Most customers are there
- The typical modern industry requires a large percent of land for operation
Transformed their waterfronts from industry to commercial and recreational activities
- -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
- the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
5 True/False questions
Define the term "Range" → A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
Name 4 cities in ther "third tier" → -Houston -Miami -San Franciso -Tornoto
What was the "Enclosure Movement" and what were the effects of it? → Retailer and other services provides make use of market-area studies to determine if locating in the market would be profitable and where the best location would be
Describe a "Circular Rural Settlement" and a "Linear Rural Settlement" → The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
What is a "Central Place"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers