5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define "primate city"
- Name 2 ways CBDs are different in Europe
- Give 2 examples of "Public Services"
- What are "Retail Services"?
- Define a "Settlement"
- a the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
- b Less dominated by commercial considerations
making new buildings are difficult
- c -keeping money in a bank -staying at a hotel
- d They provide goods for sale to consumers
- e A permanent collection of buildings where people reside, work and obtain services
5 Multiple choice questions
- the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service
- the minimum number of people needed to support a business
- The purpose is to provide services to indivisual consumers who desire them and can afford to pay them
- A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
- Its range and its threshold
5 True/False questions
Name 4 services typically found in "clustered Rural Settlements" → -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
What is a "Market Area of a Service"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers
Define "World City" and give 3 examples. → the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
What is a "Market-Area Analysis" and why is it important? → The area surronding a service from which customers are attracted
Give 3 reasons why manufacturing has declined in the CBD → The typical modern industry requires a large percent of land for operation
Transformed their waterfronts from industry to commercial and recreational activities