5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What 2 factors are needed to determine the extent of a market area?
- Define "World City" and give 3 examples.
- What is a "Market Area of a Service"?
- Name 4 services typically found in "clustered Rural Settlements"
- Why do countries build "Skyscrapers"
- a The demand for space in the central city
- b Wrold citites are most closely integrated into the global economic system because they are the center of the flow of information and capitol
-London -New York -Tokoyo
- c The area surronding a service from which customers are attracted
- d Its range and its threshold
- e -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
5 Multiple choice questions
- The best location is the one that minimizes the distance to the service for the largest number of people
- The second level of cities, contains the head quarters of many large corporations, well-developed banking facilities, and concentrations of other business services
- -Land costs are lower
-More service providers
-Most customers are there
- Retailer and other services provides make use of market-area studies to determine if locating in the market would be profitable and where the best location would be
- In whihc the country's nth-largest settlement is 1/2 the population of the largest settlement. Serveral MDCs in Europe
5 True/False questions
Name 2 ways CBDs are different in Europe → Less dominated by commercial considerations
making new buildings are difficult
What is the purpose of "Consumer Services"? → The purpose is to provide services to indivisual consumers who desire them and can afford to pay them
Name 4 cities in ther "third tier" → -Houston -Miami -San Franciso -Tornoto
Name 3 types of services one might find in the CBD of a city or settlement → -Shops with....high threshold, long range, that serve people who work in the center
What are "Dependent Center"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers