5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Twelve Tables
- Devine Right of Kings
- Job Specialization
- Urban II
- a the earliest written Roman laws that became the foundation of Roman law
- b the process by which a division of labor occurs as different workers specialize in different tasks over time
- c Pope who called for the First Crusade
- d Process where by the Church excommunicates an entire region
- e The belief that the authority of kings comes directly from God
5 Multiple choice questions
- A legal document written by English lords in 1215 that stated certain rights and limited the power of the King
- goods or money obtained illegally
- Portuguese explorer who in 1488 led the first expedition to sail around the southern tip of Africa from the Atlantic and sight the Indian Ocean
- Adopted son of Julius Caesar. Defeats Marc Antony to become Rome's 1st Emperor.
- American inventor who designed the first commercially successful steamboat and the first steam warship (1765-1815)
5 True/False questions
Allah → The civil and religious leader of a Muslim state considered to be a representative of Allah on earth, successor to the Prophet.
Henry Bessemer → Developed a new method for making steel that allowed manufacturers to make steel much cheaper than ever before.
Queen Isabella of Spain → The monarch who unified Spain and sponsored the sea exploration voyages including those of Columbus
Nationalism → a large hill in ancient Greece where city residents sought shelter and safety in times of war and met to discuss community affairs
Mecca → the holiest city of Islam; Muhammad's birthplace