5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Francisco Pizarro
- Maximilian Robespierre
- a the wealthy class in Roman society; landowners
- b Process where by the Church excommunicates an entire region
- c fabrics that are woven or knitted; material for clothing
- d Leader of the Committee of Public Safety. One of the most influential figures of the French Revolution; instrumental in the period of the French Revolution known as the Reign of Terror, was eventually arrested and executed.
- e Spanish Conquistador who conquered the Incas
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pope known primarily for the sale of indulgences to reconstruct St. Peter's Basilica and his challenging of Luther's 95 Theses.
- Arabic word for God
- Kaiser (Emperor) of Germany at the time of the First World War reigning from 1888-1918. He pushed for a more aggressive foreign policy by means of colonies and a strong navy to compete with Britain. His actions added to the growing tensions in pre-1914 Europe.
- "Duty" of Europeans to spread Christianity and Western Civilization to non Europeans.
- United the Franks; converted Franks to Christianity c. 496.
5 True/False questions
William the Conqueror → Conquered England in 1066
Johannes Gutenberg → Frankish king who conquered most of Europe and was crowned Holy Roman Emperor by Pope Leo III in the year 800
Booty → Muslims from Spain
King Henry VIII → King of Belgium (r. 1865-1909). He was active in encouraging the exploration of Central Africa and became the infamous ruler of the Congo Free State (to 1908).
Shiah → Branch of Islam formed in the AD 600s that believed only imams should decide religious and worldly matters