5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Factory System
- Marie Antoinette
- Maximilian Robespierre
- Sphere of Influence
- Settlement Colony
- a Type of colony created by transporting large numbers of people to live in an area.
- b Queen of France, wife of King Louis XVI; she was queen during the French Revolution and disliked by many French citizens. She was found guilty of treason and guillotined.
- c Leader of the Committee of Public Safety. One of the most influential figures of the French Revolution; instrumental in the period of the French Revolution known as the Reign of Terror, was eventually arrested and executed.
- d production of goods in a factory through the use of machines and a large number of workers
- e Area in which a foreign nation had special trading privileges and made laws for its own citizens
5 Multiple choice questions
- first Greek-speaking people; invaded Minoans; dominated Greek world 1400 B.C. to 1200 B.C.; sea traders; lived in separate city-states; invovled in Trojan War against Troy
- Valuable resources for British industrialization
- Two officials from the patrician class were appointed each year of the Roman Republic to supervise the government and command the armies
- a Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy
- the essential duties of Muslims must fulfill; faith, prayer, alms, fasting and pilgrimage
5 True/False questions
Johannes Gutenberg → invented the printing press
Justinian's Code → "Duty" of Europeans to spread Christianity and Western Civilization to non Europeans.
Social Hierarchy → British entrepreneur and politician involved in the expansion of the British Empire from South Africa into Central Africa. The colonies of Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia) were named after him.
Mosque → Arabic word for God
Nationalism, Imperialism, Militarism, Alliances → a strong feeling of pride in and devotion to one's country