5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William Shakespeare
- Christopher Columbus
- Arch Duke Francis Ferdinand
- Natural Rights
- a English poet and dramatist considered one of the greatest English writers (1564-1616)
- b Italian navigator who discovered the New World in the service of Spain while looking for a route to China.
- c the wealthy class in Roman society; landowners
- d the idea that all humans are born with rights, which include the right to life, liberty, and property
- e Heir to the Austrian-Hungarian throne. Assassinated June 28, 1914, while visiting Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina. Assassin was a Serbian nationalist. His assasination was the "spark" that ignited WWI.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The love of one's country; the passion that inspires a person to serve his or her country. American term for Nationalism.
- Frankish King who defeated muslims in battle of tours in 751 and ended muslim threat to western europe
- The capital of the eastern Roman Empire and later of the Byzantine Empire
- belief in many gods
- English inventor and entrepreneur who became the wealthiest and most successful textile manufacturer of the early Industrial Revolution. He invented the water frame.
5 True/False questions
Shiah → Branch of Islam formed in the AD 600s that believed only imams should decide religious and worldly matters
Nero → Emperor, thought to have been responsible for the burning of Rome 64AD
Hannibal → A group of Islamic religion that believes that its religious leader should be elected based on merit.
Black Plague → Arabic word for God
William the Conqueror → Roman military and political leader. He was instrumental in the transformation of the Roman Republic into the Roman Empire. Dictator for life.