5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
- b benificial, helpful; healthful, wholesome.
- c a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
- d a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
- e self-government, political control.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a rule of conduct or action
- funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
- to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.
- to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
- bitterly severe, withering; causing great harm.
5 True/False questions
flout → to mock, treat with contempt.
transient → lasting only a short time, fleeting; one who stays only a short time.
scourge → to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
unwieldy → dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
axiomatic → tending to cause sleep, relating to sleepiness or lethargy; something that induces sleep.