5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a fair, just, embodying principles of justice.
- b bitterly severe, withering; causing great harm.
- c to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
- d dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
- e tending to be troublesome; unruly, quarrelsome, contrary; unpredictable.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
- to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
- to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.
- to mock, treat with contempt.
- tending to cause sleep, relating to sleepiness or lethargy; something that induces sleep.
5 True/False questions
precept → a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
autonomy → self-government, political control.
sepulchral → funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
straitlaced → extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
transient → lasting only a short time, fleeting; one who stays only a short time.