5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a bitterly severe, withering; causing great harm.
- b to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
- c tending to cause sleep, relating to sleepiness or lethargy; something that induces sleep.
- d self-government, political control.
- e to adorn or embellish; to display conspicuously; to publish or proclaim wildly.
5 Multiple choice questions
- benificial, helpful; healthful, wholesome.
- a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
- extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
- a rule of conduct or action
- dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
5 True/False questions
equitable → to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.
unwieldy → not easily carried, handled, or managed because of size or complexity.
axiomatic → self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
filch → to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
sepulchral → funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.