5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.
- b self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
- c lasting only a short time, fleeting; one who stays only a short time.
- d to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
- e not easily carried, handled, or managed because of size or complexity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to mock, treat with contempt.
- a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
- funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
- a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
- fair, just, embodying principles of justice.
5 True/False questions
straitlaced → extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
vapid → to mock, treat with contempt.
blazon → to adorn or embellish; to display conspicuously; to publish or proclaim wildly.
precept → a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
scathing → bitterly severe, withering; causing great harm.