5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what process must occur during interphase to prepare for mitotic cell division?
- why does the water strider sit on water surface and does not sink?
- what macromolecules control the reaction rate of photosynthesis?
- what is the major role of lipids within a cell?
- what cell part is directly involved in transporting substances into or out of a cell?
- a because water molecules are polar, the slightly negative oxygen of one water molecule will hyfrogen bond to the slightly positive hydrogen atom of another water molecule
- b the cell membrane
- c enzymes
- d they are the major structural component of cell membranes
- e DNA replication occurs during the S portion of interphase
5 Multiple choice questions
- cellulose (which is refered to as a dietary fiber, cant be digested by humans for energy, important part of diet)
- ecological succession is the series of a predictable changes that occurs in a community over time
5 True/False questions
process in which water moves across selectively permeable membrane → osmosis
to what class of macromolecules do enzymes belong? and what is its monomer? → proteins and the monomer is amino acids
how many nucleotides are needed to code for one amino acid? → aerobic respiration. most parts of this process occur in the mitochondria
what property of water makes it an ideal material for transporting necessary chemical substances? → water is polar and therefore make an exellent solvent
one process that would decrease carbon dioxide in the atmosphere → cellular respiration, death decompositions, burning fossil fuels