5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- psychoactive drug
- a a variation of amphetamine that is cheaply produced and widely abused in the US
- b a drug that produces changes in mental processes
- c a neurotransmitter implicated in motor control, reward and psychosis.
- d a fatal condition produced by bacteria in spoiled food, in which a toxin produced by the bacteria prevents the release of ACh
- e excitatory amino acid neurotransmitter
5 Multiple choice questions
- changes in the BOLD signal over time.
- a drug that produces strong sedation by acting as a GABA agonist
- a peptide that acts as a neurotransmitter, a neuromodulator, or a neurohormone
- a dopaminergic structure believed to participate in reward and addiction
- a chemical messenger that communicates with target cells at great distance, often by travelling through the circulation.
5 True/False questions
nicotinic receptor → a postsynaptic receptor that respondes to nicotine and ACh
withdrawal → the symptoms that occur when certain adictive drugs are no longer administered in smaller quantities.
nicotine → a stimulant drug that is the major active component found in tobacco
serotonin → participates in the regulation of mood, sleep and apetite
BOLD → a fatal condition produced by bacteria in spoiled food, in which a toxin produced by the bacteria prevents the release of ACh