5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ecstacy (MDMA)
- voxel-based morphometry (VBM)
- a a stimulant drug that is the major active component found in tobacco
- b a neurotransmitter implicated in motor control, reward and psychosis.
- c a peptide that acts as a neurotransmitter, a neuromodulator, or a neurohormone
- d a technique for segregating and measuring differences in white matter and gray matter concentration
- e a clost relative of amphetamine that produces its behavioral effects by stimulating the release of serotonin
5 Multiple choice questions
- a substance that promotes the activity of a neurotransmitter
- a type of experimental design in functional imaging in which activity in a control task is subtracted from activity in an experimental task
- part of the biogenic amine neurotransmitters, including dopamine and serotonine
- a highly addictive drug that acts as a potent dopamine agonist
- a major tranquilizer that acts as a GABA agonist
5 True/False questions
catecholamine → part of a group of biogenic amines that includes dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine.
Functional imaging → measures of the spatial configuration of different types of tissue in the brain (principally CT and MRI)
nucleus accumbens → one of a subgroup of monoamines includnig seratonin and melatonin
indoleamine → a neurotransmitter implicated in motor control, reward and psychosis.
pure insertion (pure deletion) → the assumption that adding a different component to a task does not change the operation of other components