5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- reuptake inhibitor
- a a substance that interferes with the transport of released neurotransmitter molecules back into the presynaptic terminal
- b a byproduct of adenosine trisphosphate that functions as a neurotransmitter
- c part of the biogenic amine neurotransmitters, including dopamine and serotonine
- d part of a group of biogenic amines that includes dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine.
- e a compulsive craving for drug effects or other experience
5 Multiple choice questions
- a major tranquilizer that acts as a GABA agonist
- a clost relative of amphetamine that produces its behavioral effects by stimulating the release of serotonin
- substance that reduces the action of a neurotransmitter
- the process in which more of a drug is needed to produce the same effect
- a neurotransmitter implicated in motor control, reward and psychosis.
5 True/False questions
area postrema → a brainstem area, in which the blood brain barier barrier is more permeable, that triggers vomitting in response to the detection of circulation toxins
nucleus accumbens → one of a subgroup of monoamines includnig seratonin and melatonin
amphetamine → a highly addictive drug that acts as a potent dopamine agonist
nicotine → a stimulant drug that is the major active component found in tobacco
neuromodulator → a chemical messenger that communicates with target cells at great distance, often by travelling through the circulation.