5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pope Leo III proclaimed Charlemagne to be Emperor of the Romans because Charlemagne had
- What was the result of the church reforms of Pope Gregory VII in 1073?
- The claim of papal supremacy held that
- Part of a vassal's obligation under his feudal contract was to
- a serve in the military.
- b the pope had authority over all knights and emperors
- c Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
- d a person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord
- e crushed a rebellion in Rome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
- stay on the land for life
- person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry
- the land in the woman's dowry.
5 True/False questions
The new middle class in medieval society included → protect themselves
To achieve salvation, medieval Christians believed they must → the pope had authority over all knights and emperors
St. Francis of Assisi → code of conduct for knights
papal supremacy → a trainee in the guild system
What was a purpose of the missi dominici that Charlemagne sent throughout his kingdom? → They administered the law.