5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the result of the church reforms of Pope Gregory VII in 1073?
- As a response to overcrowding, residents if medieval cities built
- Marriage in noble society often included fierce negotiations over
- Feudalism developed as a way for medieval societies to
- a the land in the woman's dowry.
- b protect themselves
- c Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
- d taller houses and shops
- e person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry
5 Multiple choice questions
- crushed a rebellion in Rome.
- King of Franks; conquered Gaul; earned support of Gaul and Church of Rome by converting; Ruled lands in Frankish custom but kept Roman legacy
- He converted to Christianity, the religion of the people of Gaul
- A poet or musician who traveled around and entertained people with songs about chivalry and courtly love.
- a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
5 True/False questions
Part of a vassal's obligation under his feudal contract was to → liege lord
Starting in the late 700s, which group attacked Western Europe from the sea and broke the last threads of unity in Charlemagne's empire? → remained on the land to serve the new lord
What crop restored fertility to the soil in the three-field system of rotating crops? → Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
In the manor system, the peasants had to → withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
when the ownership of a manor was granted to a new lord, the serfs → remained on the land to serve the new lord