5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- St. Francis of Assisi
- papal supremacy
- Newcomers to a medieval city often settled in the fields outside the city walls because
- What was the result of the church reforms of Pope Gregory VII in 1073?
- a authority over all secular rulers
- b Founder of the Franciscans
- c Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
- d a person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord
- e the city was overcrowded within the city walls.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a salaried worker in the guild system
- They administered the law.
- code of conduct for knights
- King of Franks; conquered Gaul; earned support of Gaul and Church of Rome by converting; Ruled lands in Frankish custom but kept Roman legacy
- person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry
5 True/False questions
What crop restored fertility to the soil in the three-field system of rotating crops? → legumes
charter → an estate granted to a vassal by his lord
Feudalism developed as a way for medieval societies to → Merchants
In the manor system, the peasants had to → stay on the land for life
Under Benedictine Rule, monks and nuns took vows of → withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed