5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Part of a vassal's obligation under his feudal contract was to
- As a response to overcrowding, residents if medieval cities built
- What crop restored fertility to the soil in the three-field system of rotating crops?
- a taller houses and shops
- b a trainee in the guild system
- c an estate granted to a vassal by his lord
- d legumes
- e serve in the military.
5 Multiple choice questions
- King of Franks; conquered Gaul; earned support of Gaul and Church of Rome by converting; Ruled lands in Frankish custom but kept Roman legacy
- the pope had authority over all knights and emperors
- crushed a rebellion in Rome.
- Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
- authority over all secular rulers
5 True/False questions
knight → person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry
Chivalry was → a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
Under Benedictine Rule, monks and nuns took vows of → withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
In the later Middle Ages, the Church → stay on the land for life
when the ownership of a manor was granted to a new lord, the serfs → the pope had authority over all knights and emperors