5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A vassal owed his first loyalty to his
- What was a purpose of the missi dominici that Charlemagne sent throughout his kingdom?
- As a response to overcrowding, residents if medieval cities built
- a a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
- b They administered the law.
- c person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry
- d taller houses and shops
- e liege lord
5 Multiple choice questions
- withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
- obedience, poverty, and chastity
- code of conduct for knights
- crushed a rebellion in Rome.
5 True/False questions
Feudalism developed as a way for medieval societies to → Merchants
serf → an estate granted to a vassal by his lord
Clovis → an estate granted to a vassal by his lord
troubador → a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
What important step did King Clovis take in ruling his conquered lands in that late 400s? → serve in the military.