5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- St. Francis of Assisi
- What important step did King Clovis take in ruling his conquered lands in that late 400s?
- A vassal owed his first loyalty to his
- What was the result of the church reforms of Pope Gregory VII in 1073?
- a He converted to Christianity, the religion of the people of Gaul
- b liege lord
- c Founder of the Franciscans
- d A poet or musician who traveled around and entertained people with songs about chivalry and courtly love.
- e Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
5 Multiple choice questions
- the pope had authority over all knights and emperors
- a person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord
- authority over all secular rulers
- a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
5 True/False questions
Part of a vassal's obligation under his feudal contract was to → liege lord
fief → an estate granted to a vassal by his lord
Newcomers to a medieval city often settled in the fields outside the city walls because → legumes
To achieve salvation, medieval Christians believed they must → the pope had authority over all knights and emperors
In the later Middle Ages, the Church → stay on the land for life