5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Part of a vassal's obligation under his feudal contract was to
- The claim of papal supremacy held that
- The new middle class in medieval society included
- Feudalism developed as a way for medieval societies to
- a Merchants
- b the pope had authority over all knights and emperors
- c a person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord
- d protect themselves
- e serve in the military.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Founder of the Franciscans
- obedience, poverty, and chastity
- authority over all secular rulers
- crushed a rebellion in Rome.
5 True/False questions
Chivalry was → code of conduct for knights
What was a purpose of the missi dominici that Charlemagne sent throughout his kingdom? → They administered the law.
In the later Middle Ages, the Church → withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
Clovis → King of Franks; conquered Gaul; earned support of Gaul and Church of Rome by converting; Ruled lands in Frankish custom but kept Roman legacy
fief → an estate granted to a vassal by his lord