5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a To blame an individual or group for something based on that person or group's identity when in reality the person or group is not responsible. Prejudicial and discriminatory acts can lead this.
- b of or having to do with races or classes of people and their language, culture, history, etc.
- c The United Nations defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or part, a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group, including killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about a physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."
- d one who is present at an event or who knows about its occurrence without participating in it.
- e Originally a Russian word meaning "devastation" used to describe organized, large scale acts of violence against Jewish communities, especially the kind instigated by the authorities in Czarist Russia
5 Multiple choice questions
- To deprive of human qualities or attributes
- prejudice and/or discrimination based on gender
- An unjustifiable (and usually negative) attitude toward a group and its members. Prejudice generally involves stereotyped beliefs, negative feelings, and a predisposition to discriminatory action.
- willingness to recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others
- An irrational fear of homosexuals or those perceived to be homosexuals that can lead to discriminatory or violent behavior.
5 True/False questions
Stereotype → willingness to recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others
Racism → prejudice and/or discrimination based on gender
bigotry → One who is targeted for persecution or death by another
antisemitism → prejudice and/or discrimination based on gender
Victim → the practice of discrimination, segregation, persecution and domination of a group based on that group's race