5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a An unjustifiable (and usually negative) attitude toward a group and its members. Prejudice generally involves stereotyped beliefs, negative feelings, and a predisposition to discriminatory action.
- b the trait of lacking enthusiasm for or interest in things generally
- c one who is present at an event or who knows about its occurrence without participating in it.
- d An oversimplified generalization about a person or group of people without regard for individual differences. Even seemingly positive stereotypes that link a person or group to a specific positive trait can have negative consequences.
- e To deprive of human qualities or attributes
5 Multiple choice questions
- The United Nations defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or part, a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group, including killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about a physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."
- willingness to recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others
- Originally a Russian word meaning "devastation" used to describe organized, large scale acts of violence against Jewish communities, especially the kind instigated by the authorities in Czarist Russia
- One who is targeted for persecution or death by another
- To blame an individual or group for something based on that person or group's identity when in reality the person or group is not responsible. Prejudicial and discriminatory acts can lead this.
5 True/False questions
generalization → a sweeping statement, presented as a general truth but based on limited or incomplete evidence
Holocaust → A methodical plan orchestrated by Hitler to ensure German supremacy. It called for the elimination of Jews, non-conformists, homosexuals, non-Aryans, and mentally and physically disabled.
sexism → the practice of discrimination, segregation, persecution and domination of a group based on that group's race
Racism → a socially constructed category of people who share biologically transmitted traits that members of a society consider important
antisemitism → prejudice and/or discrimination based on gender