5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Council of Jamnia
- a the group of rabbinical scholars who settled in the costal town of Jamnia shortly before the fall of Jerusalem in A.D. 70 and helped to standardized the Jewish region
- b a term originally applied to a measuring reed, later used of books or writings that became authoritative for early Christians
- c "gift of grace" the term came to be used in the early church for the various gifts of the Spirit, such as wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, and speaking in tongues
- d the community of believers in Jesus Christ, the term is used of individual congregations and of the entire fellowship of Christians
- e a term meaning "one who is sent"
5 Multiple choice questions
- traditionally the visible departure of Jesus into heaven forty days after His resurrection
- the term is applied to writings that are believed to have been written by the person to whom they are traditionally attributed
- the belief that the Christian who has been freed by Christ has no ethical or moral obligations
- a Roman form of execution in which the victim was nailed or bound to a wooden cross and left to die
- the act or sacrament of immersion into water by which a person was received into the early Christian church
5 True/False questions
Apocalypticism → an uncovering or revelation (e.g., the Apocalypse or Revelation to John), applied to a type of literature that is pessimistic about humanity's possibilities and hence discloses God's plan for the last days
Apostolic Fathers → a term meaning "one who is sent"
catholic → universal, affecting all humankind, adjective used by the early church to refer to whatever universally shared beliefs
Alexander the Great → the six contrasts with ancient teaching that Jesus proclaims in the Sermon on the Mount (matt. 5:21-48) in the anithetical form, "You have heard...But I say to you..."
covenant → a term originally applied to a measuring reed, later used of books or writings that became authoritative for early Christians