1. (T/F) Proteins synthesized by RER are secreted directly into the cytoplasm
2. What is the function of the Golgi apparatus?
3. What happens to a secretory vesicle after it is released from the Golgi apparatus?
1. False, they are secreted into the cisternae of RER and then sent to smooth ER, where they are secreted into vesicles
2. The Golgi apparatus receives vesicles from smooth ER, modifies them, and repackages them into vesicles for distribution
3. A secretory vesicle from the Golgi fuses with the cell membrane to release its contents via exocytosis