5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Charleston, SC
- Chesapeake bay
- a the plateau between the coastal plain and the Appalachian Mountains: parts of Virginia and North and South Carolina and Georgia and Alabama
- b capital of Tennessee
- c The place where Fighting broke out to start the Civil war between the North and the South.
- d -largest estuary (section of a river meeting the sea) in the United States. It lies off the Atlantic Ocean, surrounded by Maryland and Virginia.
- e First permanent English settlement in North America
5 Multiple choice questions
- a boundary in the eastern United States where the higher land of the Piedmont drops to the lower Atlantic coastal plain
- Capital of Florida
- type of tree with roots that grow in saltwater; found in tropical coastal areas around the world
- capital of North Carolina
- An area along the Alabama coast where there is a lot of off-shore oil drilling
5 True/False questions
Montgomery → type of tree with roots that grow in saltwater; found in tropical coastal areas around the world
Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia → A mountain range that stretches from eastern Canada south to Alabama.
Columbia → Leading producer of oranges
lockes → sections of a waterway with closed gates where water levels are raised and lowered.
Okefenokee Swamp → a large swampy area of northeast Florida and southeast Georgia