5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fall line
- Mississippi river
- Chesapeake bay
- a longest and biggest river in US that has its source in the Minnesota & its mouth in Louisiana
- b the plateau between the coastal plain and the Appalachian Mountains: parts of Virginia and North and South Carolina and Georgia and Alabama
- c -largest estuary (section of a river meeting the sea) in the United States. It lies off the Atlantic Ocean, surrounded by Maryland and Virginia.
- d a boundary in the eastern United States where the higher land of the Piedmont drops to the lower Atlantic coastal plain
- e the capital of West Virginia
5 Multiple choice questions
- Descendants from French settlers in Canada from a colony called Acadia. Acadians were forced out by the British and fled to Louisiana were they settled.
- the capital of Kentucky
- The site in Florida where the space shuttle is launched
- Former British Colonies in the southeastern states
- sections of a waterway with closed gates where water levels are raised and lowered.
5 True/False questions
Mobile Bay → An area along the Alabama coast where there is a lot of off-shore oil drilling
Florida Keys → Leading producer of oranges
Roanoke Island → capital of North Carolina
Coal → Fuel source that is mined in the mountains of West Virginia
Nashville → capital of Tennessee