5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Appalachian mountains
- a Descendants from French settlers in Canada from a colony called Acadia. Acadians were forced out by the British and fled to Louisiana were they settled.
- b a small shellfish farmed and raised in the same flooded fields used to grow rice.
- c sections of a waterway with closed gates where water levels are raised and lowered.
- d A mountain range that stretches from eastern Canada south to Alabama.
- e the plateau between the coastal plain and the Appalachian Mountains: parts of Virginia and North and South Carolina and Georgia and Alabama
5 Multiple choice questions
- The site in Florida where the space shuttle is launched
- a boundary in the eastern United States where the higher land of the Piedmont drops to the lower Atlantic coastal plain
- type of tree with roots that grow in saltwater; found in tropical coastal areas around the world
- capital of Virginia
- Former British Colonies in the southeastern states
5 True/False questions
Montgomery → Capital of Alabama
Atlanta → Leading producer of oranges
Columbia → Descendants from French settlers in Canada from a colony called Acadia. Acadians were forced out by the British and fled to Louisiana were they settled.
Charleston, SC → The place where Fighting broke out to start the Civil war between the North and the South.
Ozark Mountains → an area of low mountains in northwestern Arkansas and southeastern Missouri and northeastern Oklahoma