5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Florida Keys
- Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia
- a Chain of small islands located off the Southern coast of Florida between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico
- b Leading state in the breeding of horses
- c the capital of Kentucky
- d sections of a waterway with closed gates where water levels are raised and lowered.
- e Former British Colonies in the southeastern states
5 Multiple choice questions
- Descendants from French settlers in Canada from a colony called Acadia. Acadians were forced out by the British and fled to Louisiana were they settled.
- a large swampy area of northeast Florida and southeast Georgia
- an area of low mountains in northwestern Arkansas and southeastern Missouri and northeastern Oklahoma
- capital of North Carolina
- a small shellfish farmed and raised in the same flooded fields used to grow rice.
5 True/False questions
Charleston, SC → The place where Fighting broke out to start the Civil war between the North and the South.
Mississippi river → longest and biggest river in US that has its source in the Minnesota & its mouth in Louisiana
Mobile Bay → An area along the Alabama coast where there is a lot of off-shore oil drilling
New Orleans → Leading producer of peaches and peanuts
Roanoke Island → Island off the coast of North Carolina, site of England's first attempt at a permanent settlement in the Americas, known as the "Lost Colony"