5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nuremberg laws
- treaty of Versailles
- Organization of american states (OAS)
- a an 18th century intellectual movement which applied the scientific method to see if there were laws which governed human behavior.
- b laws which stripped the jews of their citizenship rights
- c peace treaty between the allies and germany which resulted in the near elimination of the german army
- d called for an end to millitary action by one state in the affairs of any other state
- e the prosperity of a nation depends on maintaining a large gold supply and in maintaining a favorable balance of trade
5 Multiple choice questions
- The conflict between Communist North Korea and Non-Communist South Korea. The United Nations (led by the United States) helped South Korea.
- society agrees to be guided by its general will
- less wealthy landowners, craftspeople, merchants, and small farmers were part of a larger group
- made it so that not one country gained too much power - england would always side with the weaker power
- act which allowed hitler to ignore the constitution for four years
5 True/False questions
armistice → build up of the weapons and armies of the soviet union and the US, but most particularly the build up of nuclear weapons
middle passage → living space
vernacular → language of everyday speech in a particular region
thirty years war main cause → France joined the war on the side of the Protestants in order to keep the Catholic Hapsburg family, which was supported by Spain, from getting too much power.
marshall plan → this was the turning point in the war between the germans and the soviets, as a soviet counterattack encircled the german 6ht army and caused a massive surrender of german forces in early 1943