5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are three principal types of map projections?
- Lines of Latitude are also known as .......?
- A map constructed to give a highly generalized view of a large area.
- What geometric quality is preserved by cylindrical maps?
- See Latitude.
- a small-scale map
- b Direction
- c prime meridian
- d Conical, thematic, azimuthal
- e Parallels
5 Multiple choice questions
- The West
- Formal, uniform, functional (modal)
- Equator, tropic of cancer, tropic of Capricorn, arctic circle, Antarctic circle
5 True/False questions
What are the geometric qualities that projections distort? → Conical, thematic, azimuthal
The Tropic of Capricorn is at ____° __ → 23.5, N
The scientific analysis of the landforms of the earth; sometimes called physiography. → The West
The study of patterns of disease diffusion, environmental impact on public health, and the interplay of geographic factors, migration, and population. With the increasing ease of international movement, medical geography is becoming more important as the potential for disease diffusion increases. → Human, physical
The distortion caused by the transfer of three-dimensional space on Earth's surface to the two dimensions of a flat map. → geomorphology