5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Area where there is a coherent structure of areal units organized into a functioning system by lines of movement or influence that converge on a central node or trunk (e.g. USF's service area).
- The study of patterns of disease diffusion, environmental impact on public health, and the interplay of geographic factors, migration, and population. With the increasing ease of international movement, medical geography is becoming more important as the potential for disease diffusion increases.
- The growing field of computer-assisted geographic analysis and graphic representation of spatial data. It is based on superimposing various data layers that may include everything from soils to hydrology to transportation networks to elevation. Computer software and hardware are steadily improving, enabling GIS to produce ever more detailed and exact output.
- What are the principal reference lines for lines of longitude?
- Lines of longitude that extend from pole to pole and intersect parallels of latitude.
- a geographic information systems (gis)
- b functional region
- c medical geography
- d Prime meridian, international date line
- e meridian
5 Multiple choice questions
- Fraction, bar
- Includes both physical and human sciences
5 True/False questions
Other name for a formal region → uniform region
The craft of designing and making maps, the basic language of geography. In recent years, this traditional manual art has been changed profoundly through the use of computers and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and through major improvements in machine capacity to produce detailed, colored, map products. → cultural mores
The belief systems and customs of a culture group. → Formal, uniform, functional (modal)
The Tropic of Capricorn is at ____° __ → 23.5, N
The Tropic of Cancer is at _____° __ → 23.5, N