5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The representation of distinct aspects of information shown on a map, such as stars for capital cities.
- In geographic analysis of a given locale, the nature of place identity becomes a means of understanding people's response to that particular place. Determination of the environmental and cultural characteristics that are most frequently associated with a certain place helps to establish that sense of place for a given location.
- What are the principal reference lines for lines of longitude?
- The study of the spatial order and associations of things. Also defined as the study of places, the study of relationships between people and environment, and the study of spatial organization.
- Area that possesses regional identity, such as the Sun Belt or Deep South, but share less objective criteria in the use of this regional name. It exists in the mind of a large number of people but has no official borders.
- a place identity
- b vernacular region
- c geography
- d Prime meridian, international date line
- e symbolization
5 Multiple choice questions
- Equator, tropic of cancer, tropic of Capricorn, arctic circle, Antarctic circle
- Large, small
- physical geography
- geographic information systems (gis)
- choropleth maps
5 True/False questions
What are the 8 regions that we are studying in the text? → USA and Canada, Latin America, Monsoonal Asia, Oceana, Russia and near abroad, Europe, North Africa and Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa
Area where there is a coherent structure of areal units organized into a functioning system by lines of movement or influence that converge on a central node or trunk (e.g. USF's service area). → functional region
What are the four principal elements of a map? → Scale, coordinate system, projection, symbolization
The craft of designing and making maps, the basic language of geography. In recent years, this traditional manual art has been changed profoundly through the use of computers and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and through major improvements in machine capacity to produce detailed, colored, map products. → cultural mores
The Arctic Circle is at ____° __ → 66.5, N