5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Places near the poles are said to be in _____ latitudes.
- The average number of people living in a square mile or square kilometer. It is a very handy statistic for generalized comparisons but often fails to provide a detailed sense of the real distribution of people.
- What is the principal way of showing the "address" of a place on the earth which shows its absolute location?
- What geometric quality is distorted by conical maps?
- Places near the equator are said to be in _____ latitudes;
- a high
- b Direction
- c Coordinate system of latitude and longitude
- d population density
- e low
5 Multiple choice questions
- place identity
- Human, physical
- absolute (mathematical) location
- 66.5, S
- Degrees, minutes, seconds (or decimal degrees)
5 True/False questions
The scientific analysis of the landforms of the earth; sometimes called physiography. → climatology
What are the two "levels" of scale, (and how does the representative fraction change for each? ) → Fraction, bar
What is the essential problem of creating a map projection? → Distortion of shape, area, direction (representing 3D globe in 2D)
Lines of longitude that extend from pole to pole and intersect parallels of latitude. → Meridians
What are the four principal elements of a map? → Scale, coordinate system, projection, symbolization