5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Places near the poles are said to be in _____ latitudes.
- The distortion caused by the transfer of three-dimensional space on Earth's surface to the two dimensions of a flat map.
- See Latitude.
- In geographic analysis of a given locale, the nature of place identity becomes a means of understanding people's response to that particular place. Determination of the environmental and cultural characteristics that are most frequently associated with a certain place helps to establish that sense of place for a given location.
- A political unit over which an established government maintains sovereign control.
- a prime meridian
- b state
- c projection
- d place identity
- e high
5 Multiple choice questions
- absolute (mathematical) location
5 True/False questions
The Tropic of Capricorn is at ____° __ → 23.5, S
The scientific analysis of the landforms of the earth; sometimes called physiography. → The West
What makes Geography different from the other sciences? → Conical, thematic, azimuthal
What are the principal reference lines for lines of latitude? → Equator, tropic of cancer, tropic of Capricorn, arctic circle, Antarctic circle
What is the classical definition of Geography? → nodal region