5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A measurement that denotes position with respect to the equator and the poles. It is measured in degrees, minutes, and seconds, which are described as parallels.
- What are the geometric qualities that projections distort?
- The scientific analysis of the landforms of the earth; sometimes called physiography.
- The distortion caused by the transfer of three-dimensional space on Earth's surface to the two dimensions of a flat map.
- The Tropic of Cancer is at _____° __
- a area, shape, distance, direction
- b latitude
- c projection
- d geomorphology
- e 23.5, N
5 Multiple choice questions
- geographic analysis
- mental maps
- Formal, uniform, functional (modal)
5 True/False questions
That type of projection is a Mercator projection? → uniform region
The Antarctic Circle is at ____° __ → 66.5, S
The study of Geography is divided into what two main sub-fields? → Cylindrical
Other name for a formal region → nodal region
Lines of longitude that extend from pole to pole and intersect parallels of latitude. → meridian