5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a more reliable than the oral method. Is advised for unconscious patients, infants, small children, and mouth-breathing patients.
- b a method of administering medication through the unbroken skin via patch or ointment
- c Time Release
- d a mixture of water and alcohol, a Non-aqueous solution with water, including elixirs & tinctures
- e extended release
5 Multiple choice questions
- (lozenge) a flat round dosage form containing medication, flavor, sugar, and mucilage. dissolves in mouth to release medication
- any of various cosmetic or medical preparations dispensed in the form of a powder, a solid substance in the form of tiny loose particles
- injection of a liquid through the anus to stimulate evacuation
- a dosage form larger than powders that are formed by adding very small amounts of liquid to powders
- within a artery
5 True/False questions
parenteral → taken into the body in a manner other than through the digestive canal
cream → Is a dosage form of a medication that is a semisolid preparation, usually applied externally to soothe, lubricate, or protect.
aerosol → more reliable than the oral method. Is advised for unconscious patients, infants, small children, and mouth-breathing patients.
vaginal → Into the nose
otic → Pertaining to the ear.