5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a coated with thin layer of water-insoluble polymer
- b Flat disks containing a medicinal agent with a suitably flavor base that dissolve slowly in the mouth for a long period of time, releasing therapeutic ingredients.
- c a small, rounded or spherical body, as of food or medicine. implantation beneath the skin example: testosterone.
- d what is a semisolid mixture of an organic substance and a medicinal agent, vegetable matter.
- e a method used to cleanse the vagina and sometimes mistakenly thought to serve as a contraceptive, disinfect or removal of debris
5 Multiple choice questions
- controlled release
- within a artery
- more reliable than the oral method. Is advised for unconscious patients, infants, small children, and mouth-breathing patients.
- extended release
- into the skin
5 True/False questions
ointment → add bulk
lotion → Pertaining to the ear.
inhabition → drugs administered by inhalation enter through the mouth into the lungs. example asthma, lung disease, systemic disease
irrigation → (medicine) cleaning a wound or body organ by flushing or washing out with water or a medicated solution
liquid → a substance in the fluid state of matter having no fixed shape but a fixed volume