5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a mixture of two liquids that do not dissolve into each other in which one liquid is spread through the other by mixing and using a stabilizer called an emulsifier
- b a substance in the fluid state of matter having no fixed shape but a fixed volume
- c injection of a liquid through the anus to stimulate evacuation
- d a dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet
- e sustained release
5 Multiple choice questions
- within a joint
- more reliable than the oral method. Is advised for unconscious patients, infants, small children, and mouth-breathing patients.
- extended release
- A thick, sweet, sticky liquid, consisting of a sugar base, natural or artificial flavorings, and water.
- coated with thin layer of water-insoluble polymer
5 True/False questions
preservatives → (medicine) cleaning a wound or body organ by flushing or washing out with water or a medicated solution
pellet → a small, rounded or spherical body, as of food or medicine. implantation beneath the skin example: testosterone.
CR → controlled diffusion
topical → a small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle)
gargle → Into the nose