5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a small, rounded or spherical body, as of food or medicine. implantation beneath the skin example: testosterone.
- b Is a dosage form of a medication that is a semisolid preparation, usually applied externally to soothe, lubricate, or protect.
- c a dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet
- d adj. giving off gas bubbles; showing high spirits or excitement example: alka-seltzer
- e a small cone shaped solid drug/ medication designed for insertion into the rectum or vagina where it melts
5 Multiple choice questions
- controlled diffusion
- within a joint
- taken into the body in a manner other than through the digestive canal
- into abdominal cavity
- controlled release
5 True/False questions
vaginal → semi-solid dosage direct application of a medication to the skin, eye, ear, or other parts of the body on mucous membranes or body cavities
preservatives → Inactive ingredients added to medications serving as fillers, flavorings, colorings, binding agents, or bulk agents
suspension → drugs administered by inhalation enter through the mouth into the lungs. example asthma, lung disease, systemic disease
subcutaneous → beneath the skin, type of suspension, inject-able, depot therapy.
irrigation → (medicine) cleaning a wound or body organ by flushing or washing out with water or a medicated solution