5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a method of administering medication through the unbroken skin via patch or ointment
- b what is a semisolid mixture of an organic substance and a medicinal agent, vegetable matter.
- c (pharmacology) a medicine consisting of an extract in an alcohol solution
- d Pertaining to the ear.
- e injection of a liquid through the anus to stimulate evacuation
5 Multiple choice questions
- into the skin
- a medicated solution used for gargling and rinsing the mouth & throat
- drugs administered by inhalation enter through the mouth into the lungs. example asthma, lung disease, systemic disease
- beneath the skin, type of suspension, inject-able, depot therapy.
- (lozenge) a flat round dosage form containing medication, flavor, sugar, and mucilage. dissolves in mouth to release medication
5 True/False questions
inhaler → A spray device with a mouthpiece that contains an aerosol form of a medication that a patient can spray into his airway.
topical → between the cheek and the gum
intra-arterial → within a joint
ophthalmic → pertaining to the eye
chewable → preferred form for vitamins, antacids, childrens med, quickly dissolves in the mouth