5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why is the Sun not very dense?
- Solar Constant
- Layers of the Sun? (inner to outer)
- What are spicules?
- a 1) Core
2) Radiation Zone
3) Convection Zone
---6) Transition Zone---
"Cool Rad Converse Pad Chris' Toe, Cool!"
- b The visible surface of the Sun. Creates visible light!
- c The amount of the Sun's energy reaching earth. "C"
- d Because its very large
- e Short-lived narrow jets of gas that last only minutes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Total energy radiated by the Sun. NOT BRIGHTNESS!
- Eleven years
- The core is super hot, but it gets cooler until you reach the transition zone, where the temperature suddenly increases dramatically!
5 True/False questions
Solar Flare → The outward flow of charged particles leaving the Sun
Solar Prominence → Shorter: Flares
More Violent: Flares
Solar Wind → The outward flow of charged particles leaving the Sun
Compared to the underlying chromosphere, the temperature of the corona is: → Hydrogen fusion
The Sun has a _________ rotation of _____ days → Convection