5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Solar Storms emit what?
- Compared to the underlying chromosphere, the temperature of the corona is:
- Sun Equilibrium:
- Solar Constant
- Convection Zone
- a Much hotter!!
- b Spicules
- c When inward Gravitational Force is balanced by outward Pressure.
*Gravity wants the sun to collapse in
*Pressure from hot gas pulls sun outwards
*True for every star- guarantees stability
- d The amount of the Sun's energy reaching earth. "C"
- e Transfers radiation from nuclear fusion outward through CONVECTION
5 Multiple choice questions
- The core is super hot, but it gets cooler until you reach the transition zone, where the temperature suddenly increases dramatically!
- Large solar storms that blast out a cloud of a billion solar wind particles
- Transition from Photosphere to Corona
- Short-lived narrow jets of gas that last only minutes
5 True/False questions
The part of the Sun we actually see is called: → the Photosphere
Temperature: → The measurement of average kinetic energy in molecules. NOT HEAT!
BELOW the solar surface, in order of increasing depth, lie the ______ zone, the ______ zone, and the ______. → Convection
Traveling OUTWARD from the surface, the main regions of the solar atmosphere are the _______, the _______, and the ________. → Chromosphere
The primary source of energy for the Sun is: → Hydrogen fusion