5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Carrying capacity
- Demographic Momentum (Hidden Momentum)
- Eugenic Population Policies
- a Government policies designed to favor one racial sector over others.
- b The idea that problems result when an area's population exceeds the capacity of the environment to support it at an acceptable standard of living.
- c The tendency for a population to continue to grow long after replacement fertility has been achieved.
- d The population beyond which a given environment cannot provide support without becoming significantly damaged.
- e A worldwide outbreak of a disease.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A disease carried from one host to another by an intermediate host.
- The total number of live births in a year for every 1,000 people alive in the society.
- A bar graph that shows a country's population by age and gender groups.
- The scientific study of population characteristics .
- The average number of children a woman will have throughout her child-bearing years.
5 True/False questions
Demographic Transition → Distinctive causes of death in each stage of demographic transition.
Industrial Revolution → When medical technology invented in Europe and North America diffused to less developed countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Nonvectored Diseases → Infectious diseases transmitted by direct contact between host and victim.
Arithmetic Population Density → The total number of people divided by the total land area.
Doubling Time → The number of years needed to double a population.