5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- acid rain
- a the loose layer of dead plant leaves and stems on the surface of the soil
- b process in which sediment is laid down in new locations
- c Soil organism that breaks down the remains of organisms and digests them.
- d A measure of how well soil supports plant growth.
- e rain containing high amounts of chemical pollutants.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The layer of soil that differs in color and texture from the layers above or below it.
- wedges of ice in rocks widen and deepen cracks
- Dark-colored organic material in soil.
- The breaking down of rocks and other materials on the Earth's surface.
- characteristic of a material that is full of tiny, connected air spaces that water can seep through
5 True/False questions
sediment → earth materials deposited by erosion
oxidation → a chemical change in which a substance combines with oxygen, as when iron oxidizes, forming rust
bedrock → The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
soil → the loose, weathered material on Earth's surface in which plants can grow
erosion → The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity