5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A measure of how well soil supports plant growth.
- b process in which sediment is laid down in new locations
- c a chemical change in which a substance combines with oxygen, as when iron oxidizes, forming rust
- d earth materials deposited by erosion
- e The layer of soil beneath the topsoil that contains mostly clay and other minerals.
5 Multiple choice questions
- wedges of ice in rocks widen and deepen cracks
- the loose layer of dead plant leaves and stems on the surface of the soil
- The solid layer of rock beneath the soil
- The breaking down of rocks and other materials on the Earth's surface.
- characteristic of a material that is full of tiny, connected air spaces that water can seep through
5 True/False questions
loam → the loose, weathered material on Earth's surface in which plants can grow
humus → Dark-colored organic material in soil.
soil → the loose, weathered material on Earth's surface in which plants can grow
decomposer → The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
mass movement → earth materials deposited by erosion