5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- mass movement
- ice wedging
- a earth materials deposited by erosion
- b wedges of ice in rocks widen and deepen cracks
- c The breaking down of rocks and other materials on the Earth's surface.
- d Soil organism that breaks down the remains of organisms and digests them.
- e any one of several processes by which gravity moves sediment downhill
5 Multiple choice questions
- rain containing high amounts of chemical pollutants.
- the loose, weathered material on Earth's surface in which plants can grow
- Dark-colored organic material in soil.
- The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
- process in which sediment is laid down in new locations
5 True/False questions
bedrock → The solid layer of rock beneath the soil
soil horizon → The layer of soil that differs in color and texture from the layers above or below it.
loam → Rich, fertile soil that is made up of about equal parts of clay, sand, and silt.
litter → Rich, fertile soil that is made up of about equal parts of clay, sand, and silt.
abrasion → The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity