5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- acid rain
- ice wedging
- mass movement
- a rain containing high amounts of chemical pollutants.
- b Dark-colored organic material in soil.
- c wedges of ice in rocks widen and deepen cracks
- d any one of several processes by which gravity moves sediment downhill
- e The breaking down of rocks and other materials on the Earth's surface.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The layer of soil beneath the topsoil that contains mostly clay and other minerals.
- A measure of how well soil supports plant growth.
- the loose layer of dead plant leaves and stems on the surface of the soil
- Rich, fertile soil that is made up of about equal parts of clay, sand, and silt.
- process in which sediment is laid down in new locations
5 True/False questions
oxidation → the grinding away of rock by other rock particles carried in water, ice, or wind
decomposer → The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
sediment → The solid layer of rock beneath the soil
permeable → earth materials deposited by erosion
topsoil → Mixture of humus, clay, and other minerals that forms the crumbly, topmost layer of soil.