5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- soil horizon
- a earth materials deposited by erosion
- b The layer of soil that differs in color and texture from the layers above or below it.
- c The layer of soil beneath the topsoil that contains mostly clay and other minerals.
- d characteristic of a material that is full of tiny, connected air spaces that water can seep through
- e A measure of how well soil supports plant growth.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The solid layer of rock beneath the soil
- The breaking down of rocks and other materials on the Earth's surface.
- process in which sediment is laid down in new locations
- any one of several processes by which gravity moves sediment downhill
- rain containing high amounts of chemical pollutants.
5 True/False questions
decomposer → The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
soil → the loose, weathered material on Earth's surface in which plants can grow
litter → the loose layer of dead plant leaves and stems on the surface of the soil
humus → Dark-colored organic material in soil.
oxidation → a chemical change in which a substance combines with oxygen, as when iron oxidizes, forming rust