5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- soil horizon
- mass movement
- a any one of several processes by which gravity moves sediment downhill
- b earth materials deposited by erosion
- c Dark-colored organic material in soil.
- d The layer of soil beneath the topsoil that contains mostly clay and other minerals.
- e The layer of soil that differs in color and texture from the layers above or below it.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
- the loose, weathered material on Earth's surface in which plants can grow
- the grinding away of rock by other rock particles carried in water, ice, or wind
- The solid layer of rock beneath the soil
- rain containing high amounts of chemical pollutants.
5 True/False questions
permeable → A measure of how well soil supports plant growth.
decomposer → Soil organism that breaks down the remains of organisms and digests them.
litter → the loose layer of dead plant leaves and stems on the surface of the soil
topsoil → Mixture of humus, clay, and other minerals that forms the crumbly, topmost layer of soil.
oxidation → the grinding away of rock by other rock particles carried in water, ice, or wind