5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- mass movement
- a The breaking down of rocks and other materials on the Earth's surface.
- b any one of several processes by which gravity moves sediment downhill
- c The layer of soil beneath the topsoil that contains mostly clay and other minerals.
- d Soil organism that breaks down the remains of organisms and digests them.
- e Dark-colored organic material in soil.
5 Multiple choice questions
- rain containing high amounts of chemical pollutants.
- The layer of soil that differs in color and texture from the layers above or below it.
- Mixture of humus, clay, and other minerals that forms the crumbly, topmost layer of soil.
- wedges of ice in rocks widen and deepen cracks
- The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
5 True/False questions
oxidation → a chemical change in which a substance combines with oxygen, as when iron oxidizes, forming rust
permeable → A measure of how well soil supports plant growth.
deposition → The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
abrasion → the grinding away of rock by other rock particles carried in water, ice, or wind
bedrock → earth materials deposited by erosion