5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- acid rain
- a The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
- b the loose, weathered material on Earth's surface in which plants can grow
- c The solid layer of rock beneath the soil
- d rain containing high amounts of chemical pollutants.
- e Dark-colored organic material in soil.
5 Multiple choice questions
- any one of several processes by which gravity moves sediment downhill
- characteristic of a material that is full of tiny, connected air spaces that water can seep through
- The layer of soil beneath the topsoil that contains mostly clay and other minerals.
- wedges of ice in rocks widen and deepen cracks
- the grinding away of rock by other rock particles carried in water, ice, or wind
5 True/False questions
weathering → The breaking down of rocks and other materials on the Earth's surface.
sediment → earth materials deposited by erosion
topsoil → Mixture of humus, clay, and other minerals that forms the crumbly, topmost layer of soil.
deposition → The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
loam → the loose, weathered material on Earth's surface in which plants can grow