5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- clear and present danger
- what is the latin meaning for terra firma?
- Ivy League
- what is babel?
- Alger, Horatio, Jr.
- a the standard set by the Supreme Court for judging when freedom of speech may lawfully be limited.
- b a group of eight old distinguished colleges
- c american author in the 19th century known for books where poor boys became rich through honest attitudes and hard work
- d confusion and noise
- e firm or solid ground
5 Multiple choice questions
- a city of the Roman Empire on the Italian seacost
- my fault or my blame
- An eruption from Mount Vesuvius
- something for something
- make decision now; stop hesitating
5 True/False questions
what does the expression cry wolf mean? → to stop fishing
Blarney Stone → in a wall in ireland. a legend shows that those who kiss it recieve a gift of eloquence.
Tower of Bable → a tower that the decendents of Noah built that was intended to reach heaven to be god like
what does it mean to cut bait? → to stop fishing
what is the latin meaning for semperfedelis? → always faithful