5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ivy League
- Fish or cut bait
- what is the latin meaning for semperfedelis?
- Alger, Horatio, Jr.
- terra firma
- a american author in the 19th century known for books where poor boys became rich through honest attitudes and hard work
- b dry land
- c make decision now; stop hesitating
- d a group of eight old distinguished colleges
- e always faithful
5 Multiple choice questions
- my fault or my blame
- famous structures of the ancient times
- confusion and noise
- in a wall in ireland. a legend shows that those who kiss it recieve a gift of eloquence.
- the greatest warrior on the greek side in the trojan war
5 True/False questions
what does the expression cry wolf mean? → my fault or my blame
what does it mean to cut bait? → to stop fishing
Pompeii → a city of the Roman Empire on the Italian seacost
What are the seven wonders of the ancient world? → famous structures of the ancient times
quid pro quo → a fair(equal) exchange