5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Blarney Stone
- what is the latin meaning for semperfedelis?
- what does modus operandi mean in latin?
- clear and present danger
- Tower of Bable
- a a tower that the decendents of Noah built that was intended to reach heaven to be god like
- b method of operation
- c in a wall in ireland. a legend shows that those who kiss it recieve a gift of eloquence.
- d the standard set by the Supreme Court for judging when freedom of speech may lawfully be limited.
- e always faithful
5 Multiple choice questions
- the captain of the ship in the novel Moby Dick
- A roman god of sleep and dreams
- brown, columbia, ccornell, harvard, princeton, yale, dartmouth, and the unniversity of Pennsylvania
- John F. Kennedy
- something for something
5 True/False questions
Double, double toil and trouble: Fire Burn, and cauldron bubble → lines chanted by 3 witches in the play Macbeth, as they mix a potion.
who is someone who is the arms of morpheus? → sleep
what does the expression cry wolf mean? → to issue a false alarm
capital offense → a crime such as murder
What destroyed pompeii? → confusion and noise