5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The process of spread of a feature or trend from one place to another over time. Ex. How playing wii's spread from America to other countries.
- b The social process of absorbing one cultural group into harmony with another. People convert from their culture.
- c The teaching of Buddha(siddharta guatamma)that life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases, and that enlightenment obtained through right conduct and wisdom and meditation releases one from desire and suffering and rebirth. Ex. Chinese people
- d Belief in the superiority of one's nation or ethnic group. Ex. Nazis and Hitler
- e Belief in one god
5 Multiple choice questions
- values of a particular society at a particular time and place. The art and manifestation of all other human achievements. Ex. celebration of holidays, our morals/ values
- A way of speaking, or a language that is distinguished to a certain group of people in a region. Ex. Spain spanish and Mexican spanish
- 1)5th largest religion. 2) Holy book is Guru Granith Sahib. 3) Follow 5K's and is monotheistic.4) Do not believe in caste system, fasting, susperstitions, and rituals. The following are(....blank...) Characteristics.
- A system of beliefs and practices that attempts to order life in terms of culturally perceived ultimate priorities, the belief an workship of superhuman powers or god. Ex. The greeks, Christianity, Romans etc.
- 1) Belief that all objects have a spirit 2) a.k.a. Shamanism 3) Common among native american hunter/gathers. The above are all (...blank....) Characteristics
5 True/False questions
Beliefs → specific statements that people hold to be true. Almost always based on values.
Islam → A religion based on the teachings of the prophet Mohammed which stresses belief in one god (Allah), Paradise and Hell, and a body of law written in the Quran. Followers are called Muslims.
Loss of local culture → The loss of a culture due to widespread globalization and increased convergence of cultures. Ex. Languages becoming extinct.
Judistic → 1)Oldest of all SW religion and is Monotheistic 2) Torah is holy book and worship in Synagogue 3) Set foundation for Christianity and Islam. The above are (...blank...) Characteristics.
Acculturation → The social process of absorbing one cultural group into harmony with another. People convert from their culture.