5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Popular Culture
- a 1)Monotheistic religion evolved from Judaism 2) Based on teachings of Jesus w/Bible as holy book.3) Largest of all religions and it follows the Ten Commandments. The above are (...blank...) characteristics.
- b Culture traits that are well known and widely accepted. Modern music, Movies, TV.
- c Introduction of something new, a change; the act of introducing a new method, idea, device, etc.
- d 1)Oldest of all SW religion and is Monotheistic 2) Torah is holy book and worship in Synagogue 3) Set foundation for Christianity and Islam. The above are (...blank...) Characteristics.
- e values of a particular society at a particular time and place. The art and manifestation of all other human achievements. Ex. celebration of holidays, our morals/ values
5 Multiple choice questions
- A method of communication either spoken or written.
- 1)5th largest religion. 2) Holy book is Guru Granith Sahib. 3) Follow 5K's and is monotheistic.4) Do not believe in caste system, fasting, susperstitions, and rituals. The following are(....blank...) Characteristics.
- A system of beliefs and practices that attempts to order life in terms of culturally perceived ultimate priorities, the belief an workship of superhuman powers or god. Ex. The greeks, Christianity, Romans etc.
- 1)The department that collect duties levied by a government on imported goods.2) A place where incoming travelers and goods are checked.3) A habitual practice.
- The tendency for cultures to become more alike as they increasingly share technology and organizational structures in a modern world united by improved transportation and communication. Ex. World cities such as New York and Paris where many cultures meet.
5 True/False questions
Assimilation → The social process of absorbing one cultural group into harmony with another. People convert from their culture.
Polytheistic → belief in many gods
Loss of local culture → The loss of a culture due to widespread globalization and increased convergence of cultures. Ex. Languages becoming extinct.
Cultural divergence → The tendency for cultures to become more alike as they increasingly share technology and organizational structures in a modern world united by improved transportation and communication. Ex. World cities such as New York and Paris where many cultures meet.
Sikhism → A religion and philosophy developed in ancient India(Aryans), characterized by a belief in reincarnation and a supreme being who takes many forms. Ex. Cows are believed to be supreme.