5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cultural Hearth
- Loss of local culture
- a An area where one culture developed and originated. Ex. Jerusalem
- b culturally-defined standards that guide the way people assess desirability, goodness, and beauty...also serve as guidelines for moral living.
- c 1)The department that collect duties levied by a government on imported goods.2) A place where incoming travelers and goods are checked.3) A habitual practice.
- d The loss of a culture due to widespread globalization and increased convergence of cultures. Ex. Languages becoming extinct.
- e belief in many gods
5 Multiple choice questions
- A method of communication either spoken or written.
- Belief that objects, such as plants and stones, or natural events, like thunderstorms and earthquakes, have a discrete spirit and conscious life. Ex. A tree has a soul.
- A system of beliefs and practices that attempts to order life in terms of culturally perceived ultimate priorities, the belief an workship of superhuman powers or god. Ex. The greeks, Christianity, Romans etc.
- The teaching of Buddha(siddharta guatamma)that life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases, and that enlightenment obtained through right conduct and wisdom and meditation releases one from desire and suffering and rebirth. Ex. Chinese people
- A monotheistic religion founded in northern India in the 16th century by the guru Nanak. It believes in a cycle of reincarnation from which humans can free themselves by living righteous lives as active members of society.
5 True/False questions
Culture → values of a particular society at a particular time and place. The art and manifestation of all other human achievements. Ex. celebration of holidays, our morals/ values
Cultural convergence → The restriction of a culture from outside cultural influences. Ex. When two groups of people become isolated their culture will slowly change.
Acculturation → The modification of the social patterns, traits, or structures of one group or society by contact with those of another; the resultant blend. Ex. Countries integrating cultures or languages from another. Cultures add to culture.
Ethnic → Of or relating to a group with a common nationality, tribal, linguistic, or cultural backgrounds. Ex.Spanish people
islamic → A religion based on the teachings of the prophet Mohammed which stresses belief in one god (Allah), Paradise and Hell, and a body of law written in the Quran. Followers are called Muslims.