5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Folk Culture
- Cultural divergence
- Popular Culture
- a The restriction of a culture from outside cultural influences. Ex. When two groups of people become isolated their culture will slowly change.
- b The modification of the social patterns, traits, or structures of one group or society by contact with those of another; the resultant blend. Ex. Countries integrating cultures or languages from another. Cultures add to culture.
- c Cultures in daily life such as dress, and manners that are handed down generations to generations first hand.
- d A system of beliefs and practices that attempts to order life in terms of culturally perceived ultimate priorities, the belief an workship of superhuman powers or god. Ex. The greeks, Christianity, Romans etc.
- e Culture traits that are well known and widely accepted. Modern music, Movies, TV.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The teaching of Buddha(siddharta guatamma)that life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases, and that enlightenment obtained through right conduct and wisdom and meditation releases one from desire and suffering and rebirth. Ex. Chinese people
- culturally-defined standards that guide the way people assess desirability, goodness, and beauty...also serve as guidelines for moral living.
- 1) based on teachings of prophet muhammad with Muslim as followers.2) Worship the god Alla w/ holy book the Qu'ran.3)Major groups are Sunni and Shiite/Shi'ah.5) Follow the 5 pillars. The above are (...blank..) Characteristics
- An area where one culture developed and originated. Ex. Jerusalem
- A monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior. Ex. Catholics
5 True/False questions
Culture → 1)The department that collect duties levied by a government on imported goods.2) A place where incoming travelers and goods are checked.3) A habitual practice.
Innovation → Introduction of something new, a change; the act of introducing a new method, idea, device, etc.
Language → culturally-defined standards that guide the way people assess desirability, goodness, and beauty...also serve as guidelines for moral living.
Polytheistic → Belief in one god
Loss of local culture → Culture traits that are well known and widely accepted. Modern music, Movies, TV.