5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cultural convergence
- a The tendency for cultures to become more alike as they increasingly share technology and organizational structures in a modern world united by improved transportation and communication. Ex. World cities such as New York and Paris where many cultures meet.
- b A religion and philosophy developed in ancient India(Aryans), characterized by a belief in reincarnation and a supreme being who takes many forms. Ex. Cows are believed to be supreme.
- c A way of speaking, or a language that is distinguished to a certain group of people in a region. Ex. Spain spanish and Mexican spanish
- d The teaching of Buddha(siddharta guatamma)that life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases, and that enlightenment obtained through right conduct and wisdom and meditation releases one from desire and suffering and rebirth. Ex. Chinese people
- e A religion based on the teachings of the prophet Mohammed which stresses belief in one god (Allah), Paradise and Hell, and a body of law written in the Quran. Followers are called Muslims.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The modification of the social patterns, traits, or structures of one group or society by contact with those of another; the resultant blend. Ex. Countries integrating cultures or languages from another. Cultures add to culture.
- culturally-defined standards that guide the way people assess desirability, goodness, and beauty...also serve as guidelines for moral living.
- A method of communication either spoken or written.
- 1)The department that collect duties levied by a government on imported goods.2) A place where incoming travelers and goods are checked.3) A habitual practice.
- Culture traits that are well known and widely accepted. Modern music, Movies, TV.
5 True/False questions
Assimilation → Introduction of something new, a change; the act of introducing a new method, idea, device, etc.
Culture → 1)The department that collect duties levied by a government on imported goods.2) A place where incoming travelers and goods are checked.3) A habitual practice.
Religion → specific statements that people hold to be true. Almost always based on values.
Christian → A monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior. Ex. Catholics
islamic → 1) based on teachings of prophet muhammad with Muslim as followers.2) Worship the god Alla w/ holy book the Qu'ran.3)Major groups are Sunni and Shiite/Shi'ah.5) Follow the 5 pillars. The above are (...blank..) Characteristics