5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nonmaterial Culture
- a 1)Monotheistic religion evolved from Judaism 2) Based on teachings of Jesus w/Bible as holy book.3) Largest of all religions and it follows the Ten Commandments. The above are (...blank...) characteristics.
- b A monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior. Ex. Catholics
- c Abstract concepts of values, beliefs, and behaviors.
- d specific statements that people hold to be true. Almost always based on values.
- e The process of spread of a feature or trend from one place to another over time. Ex. How playing wii's spread from America to other countries.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Belief in one god
- The loss of a culture due to widespread globalization and increased convergence of cultures. Ex. Languages becoming extinct.
- Of or relating to a group with a common nationality, tribal, linguistic, or cultural backgrounds. Ex.Spanish people
- 1) Belief that all objects have a spirit 2) a.k.a. Shamanism 3) Common among native american hunter/gathers. The above are all (...blank....) Characteristics
- A religion based on the teachings of the prophet Mohammed which stresses belief in one god (Allah), Paradise and Hell, and a body of law written in the Quran. Followers are called Muslims.
5 True/False questions
Cultural divergence → The tendency for cultures to become more alike as they increasingly share technology and organizational structures in a modern world united by improved transportation and communication. Ex. World cities such as New York and Paris where many cultures meet.
Cultural Hearth → An area where one culture developed and originated. Ex. Jerusalem
Judaism → Religion with its roots in the teachings of Abraham (from Ur), who is credited with uniting his people to worship only one god, and the god agrees to protect his chosen people, the Jews.
Dialect → A religion based on the teachings of the prophet Mohammed which stresses belief in one god (Allah), Paradise and Hell, and a body of law written in the Quran. Followers are called Muslims.
Values → culturally-defined standards that guide the way people assess desirability, goodness, and beauty...also serve as guidelines for moral living.