5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Barbary Pirates
- a When a country goes into an economic decline
- b Where one company owns all of a product including the means for production
- c Charged a tribute to trade on the Mediterranean Sea/ U.S. went to war with them and won/ Stephen Decatur became a war hero
- d Famous battle during the Texas war for Independence, the Texans were killed, and the battle cry afterwards was "Remember the Alamo!"
- e Soldiers on horseback
5 Multiple choice questions
- President of the Confederacy
- Author of Uncle Tom's Cabin
- Invented the blue jeans for the Forty-Niners and made a fortune
- Turning point battle in the Civil War, pickets Charge occurred here, Lee made fatal mistakes, became the beginning of the decline of the Confederacy
- poet who wrote the "Midnight Ride of Paul Revere"
5 True/False questions
Antietam → At this site, Santa Anna massacred 300 Texans/ it became a battle cry - "Remember the Goliad!"
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo → The journey west in which thousands of Native-Americans were forced to move west / hundreds died
How many Mexicans at the Battle of the Alamo? → 4,000 Mexicans at the battle of the Alamo vs. 186 Texans
South → Industrial
Forty-Niners → people who went to California looking for gold