5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medical director
- a A physician responsible for the oversight of the EMS system and the actions of the paramedics; also known as physician advisor.
- b An external verification of the competencies that an individual has achieved and typically involves an examination process; in healthcare these process are typically designed to verify that an individual has achieved minimum competency to ensure safe and effective patient care.
- c National Highway Safety Administration
- d The exchange of thoughts, messages and information.
- e Tact and skill in dealing with people
5 Multiple choice questions
- The ability to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
- A set of treatment guidelines written for the paramedic to follow.
- A physician responsible for the oversight of EMS system and the actions of the paramedics.
- Written instructions that authorize EMS personnel to perform certain medical interventions before establishing direct communication with a physician.
5 True/False questions
Credentialing → A local process by which an individual is permitted by a specific entity (medical director) to practice in a specific setting (EMS agency).
Reciprocity → The ability for an EMS professional to use his/her certification or license to be able to practice in a different state.
Healthcare → Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
Prospective medical directions → Physician participation in the development of EMS protocols, procedures, and participation in the education and testing of EMS professionals; a type of offline medical directions.
Emergency medical responder (EMR) → An EMS professional who provides basic and limited advanced skills to patients who access the EMS system.