5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medical director
- EMS system
- a A local process by which an individual is permitted by a specific entity (medical director) to practice in a specific setting (EMS agency).
- b A group of similar jobs or fields of interest that involve a responsibility to serve the public and require mastery of specific knowledge and specialized skills.
- c A physician responsible for the oversight of the EMS system and the actions of the paramedics; also known as physician advisor.
- d A business associated with the provision of medical care to individuals.
- e A network of resources that provides emergency care and transportation to victims of sudden illness or injury.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Physician review of prehospital care reports and participation in the quality improvement process; a type of offline medical direction.
- A person who has special knowledge and skills and conforms to high standard of conduct and performance.
- Qualities or characteristics of a person.
- An EMS professional who provides basic and limited advanced skills to patients who access the EMS system.
- The process of entering an individual's name and essential information into a record as a means of verifying initial certification and monitoring recertification.
5 True/False questions
Ethics → Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
Refresher education → The process of entering an individual's name and essential information into a record as a means of verifying initial certification and monitoring recertification.
Offline medical direction → Direct voice communication by a medical director to a prehospital professional while he/she is attending to the patient.
Empathy → Showing a person care and commission with an appreciation for his/her situation without feeling the same emotions.
Emergency medical responder (EMR) → An EMS professional who provides basic and limited advanced skills to patients who access the EMS system.