5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Advanced emergency medical technician (AEMT)
- Emergency medical responder (EMR)
- Medical director
- a An EMS professional who provides basic and limited advanced skills to patients who access the EMS system.
- b A physician responsible for the oversight of the EMS system and the actions of the paramedics; also known as physician advisor.
- c Showing a person care and commission with an appreciation for his/her situation without feeling the same emotions.
- d An EMS professional who provides initial basic life support care to patients who access the EMS system; formerly called first responder.
- e Permission granted to an individual by a governmental authority, such as a state, to perform certain restricted activities.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of similar jobs or fields of interest that involve a responsibility to serve the public and require mastery of specific knowledge and specialized skills.
- Programs designed to achieve a desired level of care.
- The process of refreshing information and skills previously learned.
- A local process by which an individual is permitted by a specific entity (medical director) to practice in a specific setting (EMS agency).
- Physician participation in the development of EMS protocols, procedures, and participation in the education and testing of EMS professionals; a type of offline medical directions.
5 True/False questions
Protocols → A set of treatment guidelines written for the paramedic to follow.
Scope of practice → A predefined set of skills, interventions, or other activities that the paramedic is legally authorized to perform when necessary; usually set by state law or regulation and local medical directions.
Offline medical direction → Prospective and retrospective medical direction.
Continuing education → The process of refreshing information and skills previously learned.
Ethics → National Standard Curriculum