5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- EMS system
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)
- a Qualities or characteristics of a person.
- b A national organization developed to ensure that graduates of EMS training programs have met minimal standards by measuring competency through a uniform testing process.
- c National Highway Safety Administration
- d A network of resources that provides emergency care and transportation to victims of sudden illness or injury.
- e Following the standards of conduct and performance for a profession.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A set of treatment guidelines written for the paramedic to follow.
- Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
- Direct voice communication by a medical director to a prehospital professional while he/she is attending to the patient.
- A predefined set of skills, interventions, or other activities that the paramedic is legally authorized to perform when necessary; usually set by state law or regulation and local medical directions.
- An external verification of the competencies that an individual has achieved and typically involves an examination process; in healthcare these process are typically designed to verify that an individual has achieved minimum competency to ensure safe and effective patient care.
5 True/False questions
Physician advisor → Following the standards of conduct and performance for a profession.
Licensure → National Standard Curriculum
Continuing education → The exchange of thoughts, messages and information.
Prospective medical directions → Physician review of prehospital care reports and participation in the quality improvement process; a type of offline medical direction.
Standing orders → Qualities or characteristics of a person.