5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Quality assurance (QA)
- Emergency medical responder (EMR)
- a National Highway Safety Administration
- b An EMS professional who provides initial basic life support care to patients who access the EMS system; formerly called first responder.
- c Programs designed to achieve a desired level of care.
- d A business associated with the provision of medical care to individuals.
- e A group of similar jobs or fields of interest that involve a responsibility to serve the public and require mastery of specific knowledge and specialized skills.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The exchange of thoughts, messages and information.
- Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
- The process of entering an individual's name and essential information into a record as a means of verifying initial certification and monitoring recertification.
- A physician responsible for the oversight of the EMS system and the actions of the paramedics; also known as physician advisor.
- Programs designed to improve the level of care; commonly driven by quality assurance.
5 True/False questions
Teamwork → A business associated with the provision of medical care to individuals.
NSC → National Standard Curriculum
Advanced emergency medical technician (AEMT) → An EMS professional who provides basic and limited advanced skills to patients who access the EMS system.
Professionalism → Following the standards of conduct and performance for a profession.
Standing orders → Written instructions that authorize EMS personnel to perform certain medical interventions before establishing direct communication with a physician.