5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
- b Charlemagne helped to spread ____________.
- c Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.
- d Pope Gregory VII's response to King Henry IV's disobeying him.
- e Head of the Roman Catholic Church
5 Multiple choice questions
- This protects people from unlawful imprisonment.
- They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
- Historical period between the Classic Age and the Modern Age.
- It had enormous influence over every aspect of life.
- An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
5 True/False questions
Jews → Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
Cathedral schools → It had enormous influence over every aspect of life.
Feudalism → Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
Lord - Vassal system → Based on the granting of land in exchange for military service.
Thomas Aquinas → He believed that Greek thought could coexist with Christian ideas.