5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Lord - Vassal system
- Magna Carta
- the Church
- a It had enormous influence over every aspect of life.
- b Guaranteed protection under the law and a trial by jury.
- c Based on the granting of land in exchange for military service.
- d They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
- e Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
5 Multiple choice questions
- They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
- preserved the Latin language.
- Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
- Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
- Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
5 True/False questions
Feudalism → __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
Judiciary → An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
Christianity → An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
Pope → They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
Thomas Aquinas → Who preserved ancient Greek works?