5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Aquinas
- Lord - Vassal system
- Magna Carta
- a He believed that Greek thought could coexist with Christian ideas.
- b Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.
- c Guaranteed protection under the law and a trial by jury.
- d Based on the granting of land in exchange for military service.
- e Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
- Charlemagne helped to spread ____________.
- Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
- Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
- Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
5 True/False questions
Pope → They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
Cathedral schools → preserved the Latin language.
Jews → They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
Muslims → Who preserved ancient Greek works?
Habeus Corpus → This protects people from unlawful imprisonment.