5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Middle Ages
- Seljuk Turks
- a __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
- b Head of the Roman Catholic Church
- c Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
- d Historical period between the Classic Age and the Modern Age.
- e Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pope Gregory VII's response to King Henry IV's disobeying him.
- This protects people from unlawful imprisonment.
- Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
- He believed that Greek thought could coexist with Christian ideas.
- An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
5 True/False questions
Magna Carta → Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
Muslims → Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
the Church → An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
Christianity → Charlemagne helped to spread ____________.
Jews → They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.