5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Aquinas
- a He believed that Greek thought could coexist with Christian ideas.
- b An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
- c Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
- d Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.
- e Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
5 Multiple choice questions
- __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
- They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
- Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
- Head of the Roman Catholic Church
- Based on the granting of land in exchange for military service.
5 True/False questions
Monks → Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
Jews → They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
Excommunication → Pope Gregory VII's response to King Henry IV's disobeying him.
Habeus Corpus → This protects people from unlawful imprisonment.
Middle Ages → Who preserved ancient Greek works?