5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Lord - Vassal system
- a Based on the granting of land in exchange for military service.
- b Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.
- c Who preserved ancient Greek works?
- d Pope Gregory VII's response to King Henry IV's disobeying him.
- e __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
5 Multiple choice questions
- He believed that Greek thought could coexist with Christian ideas.
- An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
- Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
- Charlemagne helped to spread ____________.
- preserved the Latin language.
5 True/False questions
Magna Carta → Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
Seljuk Turks → Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
Monarchs → Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
Lords → They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
Jews → They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.