5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cathedral schools
- Lord - Vassal system
- Seljuk Turks
- a Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
- b Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
- c Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
- d Based on the granting of land in exchange for military service.
- e preserved the Latin language.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
- They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
- Pope Gregory VII's response to King Henry IV's disobeying him.
- They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
- __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
5 True/False questions
Muslims → Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
Judiciary → An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
Christianity → Charlemagne helped to spread ____________.
Manors → Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
Middle Ages → Historical period between the Classic Age and the Modern Age.