5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
- b Pope Gregory VII's response to King Henry IV's disobeying him.
- c An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
- d They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
- e They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Historical period between the Classic Age and the Modern Age.
- Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
- Who preserved ancient Greek works?
- Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
- He believed that Greek thought could coexist with Christian ideas.
5 True/False questions
Habeus Corpus → This protects people from unlawful imprisonment.
Lord - Vassal system → Based on the granting of land in exchange for military service.
the Church → An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
Pope → They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
Feudalism → __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.