5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
- b Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
- c They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
- d __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
- e Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Head of the Roman Catholic Church
- An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
- Pope Gregory VII's response to King Henry IV's disobeying him.
- preserved the Latin language.
- Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
5 True/False questions
Middle Ages → Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
Seljuk Turks → Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
self-sufficient → Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.
Muslims → Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
Lord - Vassal system → They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.