5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the Church
- Cathedral schools
- Middle Ages
- a Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.
- b Historical period between the Classic Age and the Modern Age.
- c Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
- d It had enormous influence over every aspect of life.
- e preserved the Latin language.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Head of the Roman Catholic Church
- Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
- Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
- They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
- Guaranteed protection under the law and a trial by jury.
5 True/False questions
Habeus Corpus → Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
Feudalism → __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
Monarchs → Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
Jews → They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
Monks → Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.