AUT 101-Chapter 2
Terms in this set (30)
1. Which of the following is not a recommended step for accurate diagnosis of a problem?
(C) Replace system components and identify the cause of a problem through the process of elimination.
2. What type of information should go into your employment plan?
The plan should include your employment goals, a timetable for reaching those goals, and a prioritized list of potential employers or types of employers.
3. Explain three types of pay systems used for technicians.
Hourly Wages-Fixed wage for every hour the technician works. The amount of pay per hour depends on the business, skill levels and the work involved. Commission-minimum hourly wage plus a percentage of what the shop receives for performing various services. Flat Rate-is a pay system in which a technician is paid for the amount of work, meaning labor hours, he or she does. Team System is a variation of the flat-rate system. The technicians on a team are paid according to the total hours the team completes.
4. What should be included in the three main paragraphs of a cover letter.
In the first paragraph, tell the employer that you are interested in working for the company, the position you are interest in, and why. The second paragraphs sell yourself by mentioning one or two of your job qualifications and describe them in more detail than you did in your resume. The third paragraph is the end or closing of the letter thanking the employer for taking time to review your resume and asking him or her to contact you to make an appointment for an interview.
5. True or False? When you feel stress from your job and also feel that the situation will not change, you should seek employment elsewhere.
6. List the characteristics of a good resume.
The resume emphasizes your skills and accomplishment rather than your work history. It's nice and uncluttered and easy to read and all of the information is accurate.
7. Which of the following behaviors does not show that you are a responsible person?
(C) Showing a willingness to share the consequences of your mistakes with others.
8. If you decide that leaving your job is the best way to relieve stress at work, describe the steps you should take to end your employment.
Write a letter of resignation and personally present it to the employer. Simply say that you are looking for other opportunities. The letter should also include the last day you intend to work. Your last day should be approximately 2 weeks after you notify the employer.
9. True or False? When you are filling out an application, you should make it clear how much you expect to be paid.
10. Which of the following is not the right thing to do when you are being interviewed for a job?
(C) To avoid saying too much or offending the interviewer, answer as many questions as you can with a simple yes or no.
11. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a good employee?
C. Overly sociable
12. Applicant A goes to a quiet place immediately after an interview and reflects on what just took place. Applicant B sends a letter of thanks to the interviewer if he has not heard back from the employer within 2 weeks. Who is doing the right thing?
A. only A
13. Technician A always looks at people while they are speaking and listens to their message before responding. Technician B always looks at customers when they are speaking to show she is interested in what they are saying. Who is correct?
A. Technician A
14. Technician A always speaks to customers with his arms folded across his chest because he does not know what else to do with them. Technician B always tries to fully comprehend the message by asking question about it and gathering as many details as possible. Who is correct?
B. Technician B only
15. Which of the following would not be considered a soft skill?
A. Enjoying solving puzzles or problems
16. Describe the seven basic steps for logical diagnosis.
Verify the concern, Preliminary checks, Analyze the problem, Visual inspection, diagnosis, repair the problem and verify the repair.
17. True or False? Critical thinking is the art of being able to judge or evaluate something with bias or prejudice.
18. True or False? The business you decide to work for will pay for all of the benefits you receive.
19. Define the term "diagnosis" as it applies to the duties of an automotive technician.
Diagnosis a way of looking at systems that are not functioning properly and finding out why. And answering the questions given in each step and a logical, sound explanation for each answer.
20. When identifying individuals to use as references while seeking employment, consider all of the following except:
(B) a family member or close friend.
pay that is based on an hourly wage plus a percentage of what the shop receives for performing various services.
is the art of being able to judge or evaluate something without bias or prejudice.
is a way of looking at systems that are not functioning properly and finding out why.
is a pay system in which a technician is paid for the amount of work, meaning the labor hours, he or she does.
is guide helps a person solve a problem using a step-by-step process.
the total amount of what you earn.
is the result of subtracting all taxes and benefit costs from your gross pay.
is the things you do while communicating
is someone who will be glad to tell a potential employer about you.
is a document used by persons to present their backgrounds and skills.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Mgmt 494 Exam 2 Study Guide
494 Test 2
HR Management Exam 3 Review
HB 307 CH.11
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
AUT 267-Final Exam
AUT 245-Final Exam
AUT 141-Chp 38, 39 and 40 Key Terms
AUT 141-Chp 38 Key Terms
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
AUT 101-Chapter 8 Review Question and Key Terms
AUT 101-Chapter 4
AUT 101-Chapter 1
AUT 101-Chapter 3