5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Stage 4
(Hodgkin's disease, stages of severity)
- Myeloproliferative disorders
- RDW (Red cell distribution width)
- a diffuse involvement of extralymphatic sites + or - nodal disease
- b plasma protein; converted to thrombin in the clotting process
- c a group of slow-growing blood cancers, in which large numbers of abnormal red blood cells, white blood cells, or platelets grow and spread in the bone marrow and the peripheral blood.
- d is a calculation of the variation in the size of your RBCs
- e results from rupture and hemolysis of abnormal erythrocytes, as seen in hemolytic anemias and pernicious anemia, causing the relase of large amounts of bilirubin into the circulation
5 Multiple choice questions
- A hormone produced and released by the kidney that stimulates the production of red blood cells by the bone marrow.
- Vitamin C: citrus fruits, green leafy veggies, strawberries, cantaloupe
- 10-14 g/dl
Asymptomatic at rest, symptoms usually follow strenous exertion ex:palpitations, dyspnea
- Congential or acquired (-70% idiopathic)
- Tingling & parethesia of hands and feet.
Weight loss, anorexia, dyspepsia, sore mouth
Imbalance possibilities + Romberg
5 True/False questions
Folic Acid Deficiency Anemia
(Manifestations) → MCV increased, macrocytic, normochromic
serum folate low, cobalamin normal
gastric analysis + for HCl acid
Multiple Myeloma (collaborative care) → Plasma cells infiltrate the bone marrow and destroy bone.
Longevity-2yrs post-diagnosis, avg age 65 men>women
Diagnostic findings: pancytopenia, increased uric acid, calcium, creatinine, + Monoclonal (M) antibody protein & Bence Jones protein
Hemoglobin → measures the amount of oxygen-carrying protein in the blood.
Blood Protein Breakdown → blood test to determine certain coagulation activity defects and to monitor anticoagulation therapy
Synthesis of nucleoproteins
(Essential Nutrients for RBC production) → Amino acids: eggs, meat, milk, nuts, etc.