5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hemoglobin Synthesis
(Essential Nutrients for RBC production)
- Hemophilia A
- Iron Defiency Anemia (Collaborative Care)
- a Assess CV & R status, stool, urine, and emesis
Provide mouth, skin, foot care
Nutrition: Iron rich foods, vitamin B6 and C, avoid coffee/tea.
Medications: Antiemics, ie: ferrous sulfate, iron
- b A small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin.
- c abnormally large erythrocytes
- d Iron: meat,eggs,legumes,dried fruit, grains
B6: meat, wheat germ legumes, bananas
- e (Classic hemophilia) deficiency of factor VIII (80%-Most common)
5 Multiple choice questions
- antisickling agent lessens the sickling process, decreases incidence of crises
- is a calculation of the variation in the size of your RBCs
- O2 admin, Fluids, application of warm compresses, bedrest, medications, iron/folic acid suppplements, morphine, acetaminophen and NSAIDS, antibotics, EDUCATION
- transport of lipids, bilirubin; has immune function , Constitutes 36% of proteins in the plasma.
5 True/False questions
Purpura → A rash of purple spots on the skin caused by internal bleeding from small blood vessels.
X-linked recessive trait (hemophilia) → antisickling agent lessens the sickling process, decreases incidence of crises
Hemoglobin → measures the amount of oxygen-carrying protein in the blood.
Moderate Anemia → <6g/dl
Affects multiple systems. ex: increased P & R; headache, pallor, jaundice, pruritis, sore mouth, exhausted all the time, sensitive to cold,syncope
Folic Acid Deficiency Anemia → Poor Nutrition, malabsorption syndromes, drugs that alter absorption, alcohol abuse, and anorexia, hemodialysis patients