5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- X-linked recessive trait (hemophilia)
- Synthesis of nucleoproteins
(Essential Nutrients for RBC production)
- Leukemia (diagnostics)
- Stage 1
(Hodgkin's disease, stages of severity)
- AML (Acute myelogenous leukemia)
- a Single lymph node region or single extralymphatic site
- b 1/4 of all leukemias; 85%, adults
Immature lymphocytes; most B-cell origin
- c Amino acids: eggs, meat, milk, nuts, etc.
- d peripheral blood smear, bone marrow bx, lumbar puncture and CT scan
- e Women carriers with 50% chance of passing gene to daughters (carriers) and sons (+hemophilia)
5 Multiple choice questions
- transport of lipids, bilirubin; has immune function , Constitutes 36% of proteins in the plasma.
- Hereditary bleeding disorder resulting from clotting factor deficiencies; severity varies from mild to severe
- a group of slow-growing blood cancers, in which large numbers of abnormal red blood cells, white blood cells, or platelets grow and spread in the bone marrow and the peripheral blood.
- (Classic hemophilia) deficiency of factor VIII (80%-Most common)
- blood test to determine certain coagulation activity defects and to monitor anticoagulation therapy
5 True/False questions
Hemophilia (Collaborative care) → Infusions of factor VIII (bioclate, Helixate, Refacto)- Hemophilia A
Sickle Cell Anemia (Collaborative Care) → O2 admin, Fluids, application of warm compresses, bedrest, medications, iron/folic acid suppplements, morphine, acetaminophen and NSAIDS, antibotics, EDUCATION
Polycythemia vera → an abnormal deficiency in all blood cells (red blood cells and white blood cells and platelets); usually associated with bone marrow tumor or with aplastic anemia
Other Solutes (found in blood) → transport of lipids, bilirubin; has immune function , Constitutes 36% of proteins in the plasma.
ITP (collaborative care) → Infusions of factor VIII (bioclate, Helixate, Refacto)- Hemophilia A