5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Guerrilla Warfare
- Baby Boom
- Truman Doctrine
- Cold War
- a A space shuttle that exploded after launch in 1986. It shocked and horrified the nation.
- b A hit-and-run technique used in fighting a war; fighting by small bands of warriors using tactics such as sudden ambushes
- c 1947 declaration by President Truman that the U.S. would support nations that were threatened by Communism
- d a sudden dramatic increase in birthrate in the U.S. from between the late 1940's through the early 1960's
- e The hostile (competitive) yet nonviolent relationship (rivalry) between the Soviet Union and the United States and their respective allies from between 1945 till 1990ish..
5 Multiple choice questions
- Military alliance formed by Soviet Union with satellite nations in Eastern Europe as a response to NATO
- first mass production and marketed soft drink, in 1886 created as a cure for headaches. Later part of the Cola-Wars
- South Vietnamese president that was catholic and strongly opposed communism. His poor leadership and corrupt government spelled doom
- most watched TV show in the 1950's
- President during the BEGINNING of the Great Depression
5 True/False questions
Holocaust → the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
Torch → operation to take back Africa from the Axis powers
Kent State → 1970, 4 students were killed by a National Guardsmen, that led to many more doves demanding we leave Vietnam
Duck and Cover → President in favor of 'Vietnamization'. Began pulling American troops out of Vietnam.
Gulf of Tonkin Resolution → Alleged attack of US ships by North Vietnamese torpedoes in the Tonkin Gulf on August 4, 1964. Prompted the escalation of the War in Vietnam.