5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hollywood Ten
- Iron Curtain
- Korean War
- Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
- a the Korean peninsula, fought between 1950 & 1953 which eventually ends in a stalemate
- b 1964 Congressional resolution authorizing President Johnson to take military action in Vietnam
- c Charged with spying and giving atomic secrets to the USSR.
- d who were jailed for refusing to answer congressional questions regarding Communist influence in Hollywood
- e Winston Churchill's term for the extension of Communist control over Eastern Europe
5 Multiple choice questions
- A hit-and-run technique used in fighting a war; fighting by small bands of warriors using tactics such as sudden ambushes
- a region in the central and southern Great Plains where drought and high winds caused much of the soil to blow away. Storm clouds extended hundreds of miles.
- supplying other countries during WWII
- South Vietnamese president that was catholic and strongly opposed communism. His poor leadership and corrupt government spelled doom
- A theory that if one nation comes under Communist control, then neighboring nations will also come under Communist control.
5 True/False questions
Monsoon → Rainy season that made fighting in Vietnam very difficult.
Stalingrad → City JFK was shot and killed
National Defense Education Act → 1958 measure designed to improve science and mathematics instruction in schools
John F. Kennedy → to have a abundance of money, property, and other material good or riches
Just Say No → was an advertising campaign, part of the U.S. "War on Drugs", prevalent during the 1980s and early 1990s, to discourage children from engaging in recreational drug use. Former First Lady Nancy Regan was involved