5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Draft Dodgers
- Duck and Cover
- black separatism
- Reasons for Stock Market Crash
- a Draft Dodgers Americans who opposed the war and left the US rather than fight
- b belief that Black Americans could only improve their lives by forming a separate society
- c Stocks Overpriced due to speculation
- d What you should do in case of a nuclear attack...
- e Charged with spying and giving atomic secrets to the USSR.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A space shuttle that exploded after launch in 1986. It shocked and horrified the nation.
- first mass production and marketed soft drink, in 1886 created as a cure for headaches. Later part of the Cola-Wars
- Military alliance formed by Soviet Union with satellite nations in Eastern Europe as a response to NATO
- supplying other countries during WWII
- Committed combat troops to Vietnam
5 True/False questions
Malcolm X → Black Muslim who argued for separation, not integration. He changed his views, but was assassinated in 1965.
NATO → Inter-continental Ballistic Missile
I Love Lucy → most watched TV show in the 1950's
Geography of Vietnam → South Vietnamese president that was catholic and strongly opposed communism. His poor leadership and corrupt government spelled doom
Kent State → Literary rebels against conformity and consumer culture