5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Several endocrine glands plus many hormone secreting cells in organs that have functions besides secreting hormones
- Secrete their products into ducts that carry the secretions into a body cavity, into a lumen of an organ, or onto the outer surface of the body
- They work together, certain parts of the nervous system stimulate or in hibit the release of hormones by the endocrine system
- an autoimmune disease that
- a What is graves disease?
- b Exocrine glands
- c What does the endocrine system consist of?
- d Compare effects of endocrine system with those of nervous system
- e The pituitary gland has another name, what is it?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What does ghrh stand for?
- where will the lipid soluble receptors be located?
- WHat is antidiuretic hormone's other name?
- Where is the thyroid gland located?
- What are the oxytocin's effects?
5 True/False questions
on the surface of the target cell, on the plasma membrane → The receptor on the water soluble will be found where?
in adequate release of a hormone → Hyposecretion
oxt → what is the abbreviation for oxytocin?
Oxytocin & Antiduretic hormone? → What does sth stand for?
by chemically binding specific protein receptors → How will hormone affect specific cells to perform a function?