5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cardiac catherization
- blue baby
- closed system
- a small vessels that receive blood from the arteries
- b vessels that carry blood to the heart
- c Means the septum has a hole in it and the oxygenated blood is mixing with the deoxygenated blood
- d A system that is entirely self-contained and does not respond to changes in the environment.
- e the insertion of a catheter into the coronary artery through an incision in an artery in the groin. A dye is injected that will be seen on X-ray images to determine blockages
5 Multiple choice questions
- free movement or passage through a series of vessels (as of water through pipes or sap through a plant)
- while the catheter is in place a small balloon is threaded through the blockage, it is inflated, and opens the artery
- The thick muscular wall that separates the left side of the heart from the right side. The septum prevents oxygen rich and oxygen poor blood from mixing in the heart.
- A tough thin membrane that surronds the heart. This prevents the heart getting damaged from rubbing against the inside wall.
- walls of the arteries thicken. harden & lose their elasticity
5 True/False questions
white blood cells → (erythrocytes) transport Oxygen bound to hemoglobin to the cells and tissues,
heart → vessels that carry blood to the heart
arteries → Blood vessels that carry blood away from the heart.
phlebitis → are cell fragments that play an important role in forming blood clots, when the blood vessel is cut platelets collect and stick to the vessel at the side of the wound.
electrocardiogram → a graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph