5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- closed system
- cardiac system
- a A system that is entirely self-contained and does not respond to changes in the environment.
- b A tough thin membrane that surronds the heart. This prevents the heart getting damaged from rubbing against the inside wall.
- c vessels that carry blood to the heart
- d are cell fragments that play an important role in forming blood clots, when the blood vessel is cut platelets collect and stick to the vessel at the side of the wound.
- e blood travels through the tissues of the heart
5 Multiple choice questions
- tubes that carry blood as it circulates. Arteries bring oxygenated blood from the heart and lungs; veins return oxygen-depleted blood back to the heart and lungs
- small vessels that receive blood from the arteries
- while the catheter is in place a small balloon is threaded through the blockage, it is inflated, and opens the artery
- an instrument that detects the electrical signals of the heart. It produces an electrocardiogram
- the system of blood vessels that carries deoxygenated blood to the lungs and oxygenated blood back to the heart
5 True/False questions
plasma → liquid portion of blood. Colorless watery fluid of blood and lymph containing no cells and in which erythrocytes and leukocytes and platelets are suspended
arteries → small vessels that receive blood from the arteries
phlebitis → Size of a large male fist. Located in the centre of your chest. It keeps the blood containing oxygen seperated from the blood containing carbon-dioxide.
asprin → an anti-clogging drug used for low-risk patients & stronger drugs for higher risk patients
white blood cells → (erythrocytes) transport Oxygen bound to hemoglobin to the cells and tissues,