5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cardiac catherization
- pulmonary system
- a the insertion of a catheter into the coronary artery through an incision in an artery in the groin. A dye is injected that will be seen on X-ray images to determine blockages
- b free movement or passage through a series of vessels (as of water through pipes or sap through a plant)
- c the system of blood vessels that carries deoxygenated blood to the lungs and oxygenated blood back to the heart
- d an anti-clogging drug used for low-risk patients & stronger drugs for higher risk patients
- e small vessels that receive blood from the arteries
5 Multiple choice questions
- Means the septum has a hole in it and the oxygenated blood is mixing with the deoxygenated blood
- The thick muscular wall that separates the left side of the heart from the right side. The septum prevents oxygen rich and oxygen poor blood from mixing in the heart.
- protect the body against invading microrganisms and toxins
- average adult has 5L of blood, has two parts which are the plasma and cells
- the heart, arteries, capillaries and veins responsible for circulating blood throughout the body.
5 True/False questions
pericardium → A tough thin membrane that surronds the heart. This prevents the heart getting damaged from rubbing against the inside wall.
plasma → Size of a large male fist. Located in the centre of your chest. It keeps the blood containing oxygen seperated from the blood containing carbon-dioxide.
arteriosclerosis → walls of the arteries thicken. harden & lose their elasticity
venules → vessels that carry blood to the heart
heart → vessels that carry blood to the heart