5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pulmonary system
- a small vessels that receive blood from the arteries
- b the system of blood vessels that carries deoxygenated blood to the lungs and oxygenated blood back to the heart
- c free movement or passage through a series of vessels (as of water through pipes or sap through a plant)
- d a graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph
- e an instrument that detects the electrical signals of the heart. It produces an electrocardiogram
5 Multiple choice questions
- the system of blood vessels that carries oxygenated blood to the tissues of the body and deoxygenated blood back to the heart
- a vein graft is used to shunt the blood supply around the blocked area in a coronary artery - long recovery time
- A tough thin membrane that surronds the heart. This prevents the heart getting damaged from rubbing against the inside wall.
- The thick muscular wall that separates the left side of the heart from the right side. The septum prevents oxygen rich and oxygen poor blood from mixing in the heart.
- blood travels through the tissues of the heart
5 True/False questions
angioplasty → liquid portion of blood. Colorless watery fluid of blood and lymph containing no cells and in which erythrocytes and leukocytes and platelets are suspended
cardiac catherization → blood travels through the tissues of the heart
phlebitis → Size of a large male fist. Located in the centre of your chest. It keeps the blood containing oxygen seperated from the blood containing carbon-dioxide.
stent → small metallic, mesh, cylinder that is inserted into the blocked artery. It remains in place, preventing the artery from closing again
venules → small veins that drain blood from the capillaries and then join to form a vein