5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- coronary bypass surgery
- systemic system
- a the system of blood vessels that carries oxygenated blood to the tissues of the body and deoxygenated blood back to the heart
- b free movement or passage through a series of vessels (as of water through pipes or sap through a plant)
- c a vein graft is used to shunt the blood supply around the blocked area in a coronary artery - long recovery time
- d The thick muscular wall that separates the left side of the heart from the right side. The septum prevents oxygen rich and oxygen poor blood from mixing in the heart.
- e walls of the arteries thicken. harden & lose their elasticity
5 Multiple choice questions
- blood travels through the tissues of the heart
- are cell fragments that play an important role in forming blood clots, when the blood vessel is cut platelets collect and stick to the vessel at the side of the wound.
- small veins that drain blood from the capillaries and then join to form a vein
- the heart, arteries, capillaries and veins responsible for circulating blood throughout the body.
- (erythrocytes) transport Oxygen bound to hemoglobin to the cells and tissues,
5 True/False questions
phlebitis → inflammation of the veins
blood vessels → (erythrocytes) transport Oxygen bound to hemoglobin to the cells and tissues,
angioplasty → while the catheter is in place a small balloon is threaded through the blockage, it is inflated, and opens the artery
veins → vessels that carry blood to the heart
arteries → Blood vessels that carry blood away from the heart.