5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- white blood cells
- blue baby
- a are cell fragments that play an important role in forming blood clots, when the blood vessel is cut platelets collect and stick to the vessel at the side of the wound.
- b Means the septum has a hole in it and the oxygenated blood is mixing with the deoxygenated blood
- c an anti-clogging drug used for low-risk patients & stronger drugs for higher risk patients
- d protect the body against invading microrganisms and toxins
- e Blood vessels that carry blood away from the heart.
5 Multiple choice questions
- small vessels that receive blood from the arteries
- an instrument that detects the electrical signals of the heart. It produces an electrocardiogram
- a vein graft is used to shunt the blood supply around the blocked area in a coronary artery - long recovery time
- inflammation of the veins
- a graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph
5 True/False questions
human blood → average adult has 5L of blood, has two parts which are the plasma and cells
red blood cells → protect the body against invading microrganisms and toxins
closed system → blood travels through the tissues of the heart
varicose veins → vessels that carry blood to the heart
blood vessels → A system that is entirely self-contained and does not respond to changes in the environment.